Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 289591 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2660 on: November 27, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »
Still at work.  I'm very frustrated right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2661 on: November 27, 2020, 03:00:17 PM »
Just chillin.  Work's been reasonably slow yesterday and today.

I legit read this as "Just Chili"... And now I want chili lol

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2662 on: November 27, 2020, 03:06:30 PM »
Had an awesome thanksgiving with two of my siblings and their significant others.  Much different than any year before, but it ended up working out well.  I got to my brothers early and the three of us cooked all the food while having some drinks.  My sister came over later with the nieces and they were so adorable and seemed to have more fun than any of us which made the day really special.  My sister was in a terrible mood when she got there but left in much better spirits.  The food was maybe the best we've ever had on Thanksgiving, probably thanks to my brother and I both getting much better at cooking during the pandemic.  Also we video chatted with my parents and older sister to help follow my mom's stuffing recipe.

Sorry King that your holiday has not been so good

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2663 on: November 27, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »
What's up? Morons being morons?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2664 on: November 27, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
Had an awesome thanksgiving with two of my siblings and their significant others.  Much different than any year before, but it ended up working out well.  I got to my brothers early and the three of us cooked all the food while having some drinks.  My sister came over later with the nieces and they were so adorable and seemed to have more fun than any of us which made the day really special.  My sister was in a terrible mood when she got there but left in much better spirits.  The food was maybe the best we've ever had on Thanksgiving, probably thanks to my brother and I both getting much better at cooking during the pandemic.  Also we video chatted with my parents and older sister to help follow my mom's stuffing recipe.

Sorry King that your holiday has not been so good

Nice lookin spread Marc.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2665 on: November 27, 2020, 03:31:31 PM »
What's up? Morons being morons?

I'm frustrated that Wal Mart has affected what we could do, they put us on a back burner act act above us. 

I'm frustrated we had to work because of Wal Mart even though the stores are closed.

I'm upset I can't get anyone hired.

I'm frustrated at covid and how it's affected work and home.

I'm pissed for my friends who weren't there when her mom passed.

I need to hit something.   It's been a long, long time I've been this frustrated.

Marc, that's one hell of a spread.

On a good note Lisa and I bought only one Christmas present this year. A new tv.  55" LG OLED 4k. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2666 on: November 27, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »
Sounds like you could use a relaxing night watching something fun on that new TV.  Tough couple of days for you, its the weekend now so try and find some positives

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2667 on: November 27, 2020, 05:01:01 PM »
So I'm watching both F.B.I. TV shows to show me what could happen.   Lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2668 on: November 28, 2020, 04:07:46 PM »
My sister's in-law's bought a cabin in Ronald, WA as a vacation home to be closer to most of the rest of their family (though "cabin" really undersells how big this place really is - 6 br/4 bth in the 4k sf main house, 3 br/2 bth in the secondary house) and sister has access to it any time. So we are here with them for the weekend for a getaway without having to fly anywhere or drive for hours. I'd say it is relaxing but we do have our kids here (9, 7, 4, and 3). Still, enjoyable time. I am most thankful for a wonderful sister and that she married a great man (from a wealthy family, haha) and that I got to see my equally wonderful parents Thursday. My life would be so empty without them.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2669 on: December 05, 2020, 07:11:14 AM »
After 35 years, no major problems aside from a broken wrist when I was 8, I just had my first surgery. I've joined the No Appendix Club.

I had a scare back in 2002-2003 maybe, but it turned out to be nothing. I've had stomach issues all my life, so I thought I was backed up or just really gassy. I was miserable all day long, and then the pain started moving to the right. That's when I googled symptoms of appendicitis and I pretty much had every one minus a couple.

I'm still in the hospital, and still in pain. I guess there's a lot of air in me from surgery and I basically need to fart it out and I'll feel much better. My wife said they told her it wasn't long til it burst, which is nuts because it came out of nowhere. The only indicator that it might have shown signs is that one side of my stomach stuck out slightly more, but there was no pain.

Have a good day, folks. I hear it might be a certain day of the week...

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2670 on: December 05, 2020, 08:38:48 AM »
Damn dude... that's scary.  Glad you caught it though.  Heal/rest up.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2671 on: December 05, 2020, 08:59:36 AM »
Damn dude... that's scary.  Glad you caught it though.  Heal/rest up.

Thanks. Send me some fart vibes. This is ridiculous.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2672 on: December 05, 2020, 10:09:21 AM »
After 35 years, no major problems aside from a broken wrist when I was 8, I just had my first surgery. I've joined the No Appendix Club.

Hey man, I had this 5 years ago. It swelled up but I caught it early, they've cut it out and there were some complications with the surgery because of how my appendix was placed in my body, so then I had trouble walking with a straight back for three days. Was out of the hospital after a week, but it took me three weeks to fully recover.

My best friend in 2010 though, he ignored the pain thinking it was just a stomach ache and it did burst, so he had peritonitis. That sucked, he spent three days in the ER and was stuck in the hospital for a couple more weeks. If he called an ambulance two or three hours later, he'd have been dead.

After that, I read about all the appendicitis symptoms and that helped me to catch it early.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2673 on: December 05, 2020, 10:38:13 AM »

Hey man, I had this 5 years ago. It swelled up but I caught it early, they've cut it out and there were some complications with the surgery because of how my appendix was placed in my body, so then I had trouble walking with a straight back for three days. Was out of the hospital after a week, but it took me three weeks to fully recover.

My best friend in 2010 though, he ignored the pain thinking it was just a stomach ache and it did burst, so he had peritonitis. That sucked, he spent three days in the ER and was stuck in the hospital for a couple more weeks. If he called an ambulance two or three hours later, he'd have been dead.

After that, I read about all the appendicitis symptoms and that helped me to catch it early.

I'm glad you and your friend made it through. Were they doing the new procedure 5 years ago, or do you have the scar? My wife's sister's burst and after throwing up all day, their father finally took her to the hospital. He wasn't a very good father. She's fine now, aside from being a mental case and a racist, although you have to be a mental case to hate someone for their skin color, that someone being me, but I digress.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2674 on: December 05, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »
I absolutely have a big-ass scar, haha. What's the new procedure?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2675 on: December 05, 2020, 01:15:48 PM »
I absolutely have a big-ass scar, haha. What's the new procedure?

They make 3 incisions, 1 on the left side of the stomach, one under the bellybutton, and another slighty below that. They stick a camera in one side. And snip from another hole, and pull out through the bellybutton incision. I might have that slighty wrong, but that's kind of the gist. It's supposed to minimize the scaring, and I think it's safer. 

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #2676 on: December 08, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
So an appendectomy is now laparascopic. That's pretty cool. It's a much easier recovery with less scarring.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2677 on: December 08, 2020, 01:09:40 PM »
So an appendectomy is now laparascopic. That's pretty cool. It's a much easier recovery with less scarring.

That's good news man!

Zook, I have a huge scar from my lower chest to my belly button when they took out my spleen.  I always joked that I'd get a football tattoo using the scar looking like the stiches on a football.  It's defiantly now a medicine ball as I gained weight.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2678 on: December 08, 2020, 01:46:02 PM »
I had diverticulitis a couple years ago, and I ended up in the hospital for three days as a result.  The inflammation went down, but I was looking at surgery to remove a part of my large intestine.   It was odd, and perhaps a subconscious deflection on my part, but I was less bothered by the loss of the stretch of colon than I was by how the scar would look on my fat belly.  :) :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2679 on: December 08, 2020, 11:13:34 PM »
(sorry in advance for the photo dump)

As those of you who follow me on social media have probably noticed, I've gone out the last 2 days and gotten photos from brush fires burning around here. We've had 3 decent sized, yet manageable fires in the last 24 hours (the biggest being just shy of 200 acres).

I've found I really enjoy getting this shots.

The Cornell Fire in Santa Paula, CA :

The Perkin Fire between Ventura and Oxnard:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2680 on: December 09, 2020, 09:29:38 AM »

Please tell me that those guys are actually golfing on the driving range here.

GREAT shots!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2681 on: December 09, 2020, 11:56:13 AM »
There were still a few people trying to hit their balls, but the range was full of looky-loos. Luckily the fire didn't make it up to either golf course it was sandwiched between.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2682 on: December 09, 2020, 11:57:00 AM »
People Under 30              People Over 50
                            🤝
           Putting "lol" after everything.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2683 on: December 09, 2020, 01:54:14 PM »
Guilty.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2684 on: December 09, 2020, 02:51:41 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2686 on: December 09, 2020, 07:18:32 PM »
Lol lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2687 on: December 10, 2020, 07:40:40 AM »
People Under 30              People Over 50
                            🤝
           Putting "lol" after everything.

So I'm 36 and I can put lol after everything?  lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2688 on: December 10, 2020, 08:12:07 AM »
Browsing twitter it's usually the older folk who use it as a full stop (period) at the end of sentences where it's not needed.

" Got up this morning - house was so cold I hate to put the heating on LOL "

Um...That's literally not even a joke. It's a FACT.

What's worse is - I know someone that literally laughs out loud at the end of every sentence.

That sh*t is irritating as f--k.

For example " Bought a new lawnmower today so i can finally sort out the lawn  :rollin "

:( That's not even a joke ? Even worse is - he's one of those 'laughs at the absolute top of his voice at the SLIGHTEST thing' types.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2689 on: December 10, 2020, 08:48:07 AM »
You focus way too much negativity energy on stuff other people do that have absolutely no bearing on your life, man.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2690 on: December 10, 2020, 08:49:46 AM »
You focus way too much negativity energy on stuff other people do that have absolutely no bearing on your life, man.

I agree.  of course I'm irritated by people but for example I see something on Facebook I just scroll on by.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2691 on: December 10, 2020, 08:52:42 AM »
I'd take the guy laughing after every sentence any day over the person who is annoyed with everything.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2692 on: December 16, 2020, 11:27:57 PM »
Browsing twitter it's usually the older folk who use it as a full stop (period) at the end of sentences where it's not needed.

" Got up this morning - house was so cold I hate to put the heating on LOL "

Um...That's literally not even a joke. It's a FACT.

What's worse is - I know someone that literally laughs out loud at the end of every sentence.

That sh*t is irritating as f--k.

For example " Bought a new lawnmower today so i can finally sort out the lawn  :rollin "

:( That's not even a joke ? Even worse is - he's one of those 'laughs at the absolute top of his voice at the SLIGHTEST thing' types.

This isn't the mildly irritating thread dude.

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2693 on: December 17, 2020, 08:22:32 AM »
Woo passed my recertification exams to keep my CDCDP (certified data center design professional) for another 2 years... such a waste of money, but at least it was works money and I didn't let them down... anyway, it's still snowing over here but so far hasn't been as bad as they expected.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2694 on: December 17, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »
Just got an earthquake.

They're so unexpected where I live that I completely freak out when they happen, while people living in Japan I assume whould shrug this off as "Tuesday"  :lol

It was by no means heavy or serious but when you don't live in an earthquake-prone area, even the little tremor is very offputting, just because you're not used to it. Or maybe I'm just a sissy   :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!