Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284916 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2555 on: November 02, 2020, 07:22:47 AM »
Eavestroughs.  You can't make fun of me anymore; that's very Stadler-esque to use a 12-letter compound word instead of "gutters".  :)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2556 on: November 02, 2020, 07:38:06 AM »
Eavestroughs.  You can't make fun of me anymore; that's very Stadler-esque to use a 12-letter compound word instead of "gutters".  :)

We can always make fun of you.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2557 on: November 02, 2020, 08:22:29 AM »
Last week, I was feeling really down about society.  Arguments about politics, arguments about COVID, my daughter's school pulling the plug on in-person schooling due to rising COVID cases in the area.  It just feels like the world is falling down around us.  But I looked out my front window on Friday to see my autumn blaze maple finally looking like a nice tree.  We lost a big ash tree in that spot to the emerald ash borer 4 years ago.  This tree was planted a year later, and after 3 years, it's doubled its height and is finally spreading it's branches outward (they were mostly vertical) for 3 years.   

It just reminded me to turn off some thoughts and enjoy a little bit of nature in my own front yard.  I can't wait until this tree gets to be 30-40 feet tall - the color in the fall is amazing.

It's good to turn off Society, and realign yourself with Nature. Society is Chaos, and Nature is Peace.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2558 on: November 02, 2020, 08:25:45 AM »

I would feel naked and alone if you didn't.  :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2559 on: November 02, 2020, 08:26:51 AM »

I would feel naked and alone if you didn't.  :)

And nobody wants to see that!   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2560 on: November 02, 2020, 08:27:11 AM »
Lisa had to take our little boy Harry to the emergency vet today.  He was laying flat, not moving his legs.  It was scary.  Come to find out Lisa was dosing him too high with the insulin he has to take.  The new needles threw off Lisa.  She is beating herself up bigtime.  I trying not to say much bout it because she is so distraught right now and beating herself up. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2561 on: November 02, 2020, 08:47:27 AM »
Is Harry doing OK now?

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2562 on: November 02, 2020, 09:24:39 AM »
Poor Lisa  :-\
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2563 on: November 02, 2020, 10:29:23 AM »
He's staying over night but is already up and walking.  My poor little old man.  He's 16 and we were scared shitless this morning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2564 on: November 02, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »
That's good news, shit happens man, you guys at least acted and got it taken care of. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2565 on: November 02, 2020, 11:09:06 AM »
I'll comfort her tonight.  I know she is being hard on herself.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2566 on: November 02, 2020, 11:09:50 AM »
That's good news, shit happens man, you guys at least acted and got it taken care of.

Yeah that.  Give Lisa an extra hug from all of us.  Mistakes happen.  mrs.jingle beat herself up over something with our dog over the summer in his final week.  Thankfully, it's not Harry's time, and (it would seem) all will end up alright here.

I'll comfort her tonight.  I know she is being hard on herself.

Better for you to be hard on her.  :heybaby:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2567 on: November 02, 2020, 11:53:17 AM »
Not that you horndog.  She was balling her eyes out.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2568 on: November 02, 2020, 11:56:43 AM »
Well you can comfort her first and then get hard on her  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2569 on: November 02, 2020, 12:04:38 PM »
Yeah, no.  Not tonight. I know better.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2570 on: November 02, 2020, 05:37:31 PM »
Not that you horndog.  She was balling her eyes out.

You said balling.   :)

I kid; I feel for you, man.  I hope that Harry comes home tomorrow and all is back to normal.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2571 on: November 03, 2020, 05:25:47 AM »
Our boy is comming home today!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2572 on: November 03, 2020, 05:52:21 AM »

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2573 on: November 03, 2020, 05:56:16 AM »
 :dangerwillrobinson:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2574 on: November 03, 2020, 06:56:41 AM »
Lisa cried telling me.  I feel so bad for her.  She's blaming herself big time and I'm not saying it at all.  I don't want to make it worse.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2575 on: November 05, 2020, 04:52:17 AM »
Lisa cried telling me.  I feel so bad for her.  She's blaming herself big time and I'm not saying it at all.  I don't want to make it worse.

How are both Harry and Lisa doing?

-

Yesterday, I made up a batch of pain in the kitchen. More specifically, a salsa that was a head of roasted garlic, ~1/3 cup citrus juices, and 24 roasted habaneros. Oh my fucking God. It is excellent, but do not that it was so I could manage to taste to adjust the seasoning. And to think, we have like another 350 or so habs left from the garden. My god, what have we done?
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2576 on: November 05, 2020, 07:28:47 AM »
I'm no expert in Mexican food, but in doing the "Home Fresh" (or "Hello Fresh" whatever), I've realized that there is a sort of "beauty" (and wonderful taste) in simple:  dice some tomatoes, dice some onions, dice some cilantro, squeeze in some lime, salt and pepper.    You can add some heat from a pepper if that's your taste, but just the natural "sweetness" of the fresh vegetables is just beautiful.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2577 on: November 05, 2020, 08:32:53 AM »

-

Yesterday, I made up a batch of pain in the kitchen. More specifically, a salsa that was a head of roasted garlic, ~1/3 cup citrus juices, and 24 roasted habaneros. Oh my fucking God. It is excellent, but do not that it was so I could manage to taste to adjust the seasoning. And to think, we have like another 350 or so habs left from the garden. My god, what have we done?

The wife is so happy.  he's returning to his lovable self.  Jumping up on the bed to nudge us when he wants us up.  Following us around.  He's a lot better.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2578 on: November 05, 2020, 08:39:09 AM »

The wife is so happy.  he's returning to his lovable self.  Jumping up on the bed to nudge us when he wants us up.  Following us around.  He's a lot better.

Woohoo!  Really relieved for you guys.

I'm no expert in Mexican food, but in doing the "Home Fresh" (or "Hello Fresh" whatever), I've realized that there is a sort of "beauty" (and wonderful taste) in simple:  dice some tomatoes, dice some onions, dice some cilantro, squeeze in some lime, salt and pepper.    You can add some heat from a pepper if that's your taste, but just the natural "sweetness" of the fresh vegetables is just beautiful.

Yeah, that's a good old pico de gallo.  It's awesome as long as you are using good tomatoes.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2579 on: November 05, 2020, 08:44:25 AM »

Oh hell yeah.  Nothing like fresh salsa, guac, or pdg

:drool:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2580 on: November 05, 2020, 08:56:32 AM »
We did that with pasta and hamburger this week.  It was delicious Stads. 

With fresh vegetables of course!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2581 on: November 05, 2020, 10:27:33 AM »

-

YAY!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2582 on: November 05, 2020, 10:31:36 AM »

Oh hell yeah.  Nothing like fresh salsa, guac, or pdg

:drool:

Sounds nasty.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2583 on: November 05, 2020, 11:15:43 AM »
Fresh guac is bomb.   Three fresh avocados, a plum tomato diced, a half an onion diced, chopped cilantro, juice of a full lemon, a clove of garlic, salt, and (if it's your thing) some cayenne pepper.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2584 on: November 05, 2020, 11:18:53 AM »
Fresh guac is bomb.   Three fresh avocados, a plum tomato diced, a half an onion diced, chopped cilantro, juice of a full lemon, a clove of garlic, salt, and (if it's your thing) some cayenne pepper.

Sounds delish, but if I recall TAC doesn't like onions or something.

I'm all about making fresh stuff like that these days.  Maybe I should pick up those ingredients this weekend.

Also, glad to see the cat and queen feeling better

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2585 on: November 05, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »
You can ditch the onions; in fact, if you make a big enough batch, DO ditch the onions.  They tend to get strong, so if you eat it fresh it's great.  The next day, it tends to be onion-forward, and that just gets worse as time goes on.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2586 on: November 05, 2020, 11:38:54 AM »
I love guacamole on toast with eggs and vine tomatoes cooked on a pan. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2587 on: November 05, 2020, 11:58:07 AM »
People love their avocado toast and I don't think I've ever had it before.  I like guac, but too much avocado alone never really interested me.  Maybe I should try it though, my friend sent a pic of his avocado toast the other day and it looked really good.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2588 on: November 05, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »
I love guacamole on toast with eggs and vine tomatoes cooked on a pan.

I've never had that; that sounds delicious.  Does it matter how the eggs are cooked?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2589 on: November 05, 2020, 12:54:04 PM »
Nope.  Whatever floats your boat.  Last weekend I made it the Gordon Ramsey way for scrambled.