Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287735 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2415 on: September 21, 2020, 10:20:45 AM »
Saw my parents tonight for the first time since Christmas, they drove up from Florida because my little sister has been struggling a bit lately so they wanted to come up and give a hand, plus see everyone.  It was a very nice evening with family that I haven't been able to experience in a long time. 

That sounds really nice. How long of a drive is that?

Took them a little over 14 hours

It's that time of year again.

of course I do, the 22nd is my birthday.  Damn I'm getting old.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2416 on: September 21, 2020, 01:36:42 PM »
It's a great day to have a birthday. And you're not getting that old.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2417 on: September 21, 2020, 02:45:18 PM »
I've been hearing that song on the radio all fucking month long.  And probably won't hear it again for another 11 months.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2418 on: September 22, 2020, 07:04:18 PM »
the 22nd is my birthday.  Damn I'm getting old.

Happy birthday, bro!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2419 on: September 22, 2020, 07:23:20 PM »
the 22nd is my birthday.  Damn I'm getting old.

Happy birthday, bro!

Thank you bud, also another really nice day out here  :yarr

Went to my sisters after work to have dinner with my parents and nieces... the two baby nieces both drew birthday cards for me and one was... lets just say disturbing as I told my Dad the black scribble looks like something from a child in a horror movie  :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2420 on: September 22, 2020, 07:27:29 PM »
Awesome. But I believe the proper response was back atcha! ;D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2421 on: September 22, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »
Awesome. But I believe the proper response was back atcha! ;D

Totally forgot we have the same birthday, happy birthday! Hope you had a good one.

It is funny, I removed my birthday from facebook and literally no one said happy birthday to me, which is fine, I'm terrible with birthdays so I get it, but just kind of funny.  I mentioned the birthday card to my friends in our group chat and everyone was like "wait, it's your birthday?"  :lol

Im 36 and birthdays are no longer really anything special so just another day of work that at least ended with seeing my family.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2422 on: September 22, 2020, 07:38:29 PM »
I'm 52 today. I mentioned this before, but I have turned 30, 40, and then 50. But the one birthday that gave me the most angst was 36.

It's when you officially pass from 'early to mid 30's' to 'mid to late 30's'. :lol
I don't know why, but that really hit me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2423 on: September 22, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »
Tim, you old bastard!  Happy Birthday! If you were on Facebook you would have had a personal Birthday post.  Just like Cram.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2424 on: September 22, 2020, 08:13:12 PM »
What's facebook?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2425 on: September 22, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »
It's a place where fun is had and people converse. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2426 on: September 22, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »
I'm 52 today. I mentioned this before, but I have turned 30, 40, and then 50. But the one birthday that gave me the most angst was 36.

It's when you officially pass from 'early to mid 30's' to 'mid to late 30's'. :lol
I don't know why, but that really hit me.

See my last post in the exercise thread  :lol like literally the other night I had a moment of feeling old right before turning 36, ugh not a good sign especially when 2020 isn't even over.  Also, now that I think about it... that birthday card from my niece  :censored

Tim, you old bastard!  Happy Birthday! If you were on Facebook you would have had a personal Birthday post.  Just like Cram.  Lol

Thanks for going through some pictures lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2427 on: September 22, 2020, 08:32:43 PM »
Took 10 seconds seriously.   I said, "That's the face I'm looking for!" Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2428 on: September 22, 2020, 08:33:48 PM »

DTF is my place.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2429 on: September 22, 2020, 08:35:00 PM »
Took 10 seconds seriously.   I said, "That's the face I'm looking for!" Lol

:lol

DTF is my place.

I like this place better than facebook personally.  Honestly, mostly hate facebook at this point.  I prefer twitter or instagram for my social media at this point. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2430 on: September 22, 2020, 08:35:44 PM »
You can cheat bro.  Coz would give you a "FUCK YEAH!"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2431 on: September 22, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »
Marc, he's old. It has to be Facebook.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2432 on: September 22, 2020, 08:37:55 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2433 on: September 22, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »
Experience Mofo!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2434 on: September 22, 2020, 08:43:25 PM »
Also, OLD!  NIGHT!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2435 on: September 24, 2020, 04:14:55 AM »
Seeing that Thom Yorke has gotten hitched has made me realise who would even give him a second look if he wasn't a millionaire rock star.

Also - Seeing how much people avoid me IRL - I kinda hope I get super successful - primarily just to see how many of those fair-weather friends suddenly get

super - chummy and wanna hang out. Cause i'd be going "  ;D You did not give two fux about me when I was nobody " .

Would be interesting for sure :P

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2436 on: September 24, 2020, 07:18:47 AM »
Seeing that Thom Yorke has gotten hitched has made me realise who would even give him a second look if he wasn't a millionaire rock star.

Also - Seeing how much people avoid me IRL - I kinda hope I get super successful - primarily just to see how many of those fair-weather friends suddenly get

super - chummy and wanna hang out. Cause i'd be going "  ;D You did not give two fux about me when I was nobody " .

Would be interesting for sure :P

I used to think like this when I was younger.   You're a bit older, though, than I was when I sort of came to the realization that in fact there IS someone for everyone, except Jeff the Vomit Guy (Howard Stern guest; the guy just wanted someone to vomit on him, in a sexual context, and no matter how hard Howard tried, no one was really willing to do it for the right reasons).   I don't mean this in a dippy, romantic "soul mate" kind of way.   I mean it in the sense of no matter what you are, or are not, bringing to the table, there is someone for whom that will work.   The trick is, of course, to find it, and that's where the problem comes in.

I know some pretty.... deplorable people and yet, they find companionship.   Whether it's just crude - I can remember walking to a campus function with a guy in my dorm; there were four of us and we were following these girls.  One of the guys said "Stadler (except I wasn't Stadler then), I'm going to bang that blonde in front of us tonight, you watch."   She heard, one of her friends said something crude, but... you know where this is going.  Sure enough, she was spotted doing the walk of shame the next morning from his room.  My ex, not a nice person, my wife's ex, not a nice person (he's actually worse than that; he's an abusive tool):  both remarried to people that absolutely adore them.   My step-daughter's ex-husband? I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire; odious, emotionally troubled little boy, not even that good looking (he looks like a cross between Justin Beiber and Ed Sheeran without the tats or the talent) and yet...  the four or five times he's cheated on her would seem to indicate he doesn't have any trouble finding willing partners.  And again, these are not super models; my ex was a looker ten years ago, but the rest?  Nah.   The difference?  They are all bold people who are seemingly indifferent to their odiousness.   

I don't feel like I'm lecturing you when I say that that person is not likely going to just waltz into your living room and say "Kotow, I'm here, baby.  Let's life." At least here in the States, on-line dating can cut some of that distance.   You also play music, am I right in my rememberance?  In my experience, that is a phenomenal ice-breaker. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2437 on: September 24, 2020, 04:16:44 PM »
Anddd my vacation officially starts... I'm going to see my friends tonight for the first time since Superbowl Sunday, going to Top Golf which has always been a good time.  Tomorrow I am hitting up the Mooby's pop up fast food restaurant (from the Kevin Smith Viewaskew movies) in Red Bank NJ, grilling for my parents and siblings Saturday, Sunday is my day of rest and packings then off to Maine on Monday as I slowly work my way back down south hitting small towns along the way before ending in Scranton PA for a drive in concert next Friday.  Looking forward to my first adventure in 2020 and one of the few things I can do in regards to traveling without needing a covid test or quarantining since the Northeast (besides Rhode Island which I am bypassing) is all looking solid in covid spread.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2438 on: September 24, 2020, 04:25:38 PM »
I didn't mean it in a " Well if Thom Yorke with his homeless heroin addict face can get married then someone must love me..." way...

More of a "Even if you're not a looker - if you're a millionaire and famous - you can get anyone "... Way

I'd obviously love if someone gorgeous loved me - but i'm 42 and that's not happened once yet. And as such i'm not looking for it to happen.

if it does - great. I'm not gonna go looking for it cause I don't care. I have incredibly low self-worth. If someone wanted to go out with me

there's zero chance I would believe them. I'd assume they were joking. As for actually going on a date. That would be excruciatingly embarrassing.

:( . I honestly blame my super strict parents for making me feel worthless growing up. . .

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2439 on: September 25, 2020, 07:35:48 AM »
With the understanding that you DO have worth, to baffle you with some logic:   If you're worthless, why would anyone go through the effort of playing the joke on you?   Makes no sense.   The heart wants what the heart wants.

In any event, we knew this about fame and money for decades now, maybe centuries...   Mick Jagger has banged more women than all the men in your town combined.   Gene Simmons too (though he was good looking back in the day).

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2440 on: September 25, 2020, 01:18:23 PM »
What up nerdz?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2441 on: September 25, 2020, 03:49:04 PM »
Just got back from the Mooby's (from Clerks 2, and other Kevin Smith movies) pop up for a late lunch, surprised how good it actually was but such a cool experience, plus a huge turn out even with reservations, the line was massive.  Also, I wasn't the only one to get mine to go and eat it outside the quick stop (from Clerks) about 20 minutes away.  :corn

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2442 on: September 25, 2020, 05:28:51 PM »
What up nerdz?

Yo. 

Just got back from the Mooby's (from Clerks 2, and other Kevin Smith movies) pop up for a late lunch, surprised how good it actually was but such a cool experience, plus a huge turn out even with reservations, the line was massive.  Also, I wasn't the only one to get mine to go and eat it outside the quick stop (from Clerks) about 20 minutes away.  :corn

I saw the pics. So cool.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2443 on: September 25, 2020, 06:18:42 PM »
If you are a fan of Jay and Silent Bob like I am, then you'd love it for the experience.  I made a little video of my experience, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tYV_WRKGQ4 I just love how these "stoners" are like the local heros who made it big with their stupid comedy and have based so many of their movies locally.  Clerks 2 literally opens with a drive up Rt35 just like I had to do to get there (hence the Wendys and Circus liqour references which are both in the movie).

What's kind of sad and makes me feel a bit like a douche though was that I was supposed to do this for my birthday with my gf... but then I broke up with her.  I offered to give her money for the meals (since you had to make reservations that all sold out) but she said she could get a refund.  Then they released more open slots so I scooped one up for myself since I still really wanted to go, and then saw there were no refunds so I'm guessing she went by herself the other day just like I did today.  Definitely feel bad about that, but it kind of was just the circumstances. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2444 on: September 26, 2020, 12:12:06 AM »
I listened to a Doughboys podcast episode Moobys a few weeks ago. I'd kill to have had a chance to go to one :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2445 on: September 26, 2020, 05:22:57 AM »
'sup bitches.

Gonna be a glorious weekend here - supposed to be mid-high 20s today and tomorrow ... last gasp of summer weather methinks.  Got some dirt to haul, and gonna try to get in the pool one last time.  The only shitty thing is that, with the changing solstice, the arc of the sun now goes behind some really tall trees in our backyard.  Net effect is that our pool only gets sun from about 11am-2pm, and then is in shade until about 4:30.  We tried to get in it yesterday afternoon, but we were in shade the entire time... and it wasn't exactly 'hot' outside to begin with (23C).
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2446 on: September 26, 2020, 08:10:14 AM »
Morning dudes, it was supposed to be the weekend where I drink and play video games all weekend but my wife is sick and so is my dog so I guess I'll be busy with that.

Jingle do you have a heater for your pool?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2447 on: September 26, 2020, 08:59:52 AM »
Morning dudes, it was supposed to be the weekend where I drink and play video games all weekend but my wife is sick and so is my dog so I guess I'll be busy with that.

Damn right we do. Been keeping it at 83.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2448 on: September 26, 2020, 11:46:37 AM »

Damn right we do. Been keeping it at 83.

Ohhhh

I'm on my way

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2449 on: September 29, 2020, 04:55:28 PM »
We keep our pool at 87.  Gas heater so it can raise temp 2-3 degrees an hour. 
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29