Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284995 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2345 on: August 18, 2020, 10:11:06 AM »
I'm a big Honda fan, just well built cars to take a beating on the road for people like me who drive a lot but aren't skilled or willing to do fixes myself so I prefer low maintenance vehicles. Hopefully this one does the job as well as I'd expect it to.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2346 on: August 19, 2020, 04:51:52 AM »
My Dad used to collect old 5 series BMW. Then he went through a phase of only getting Alfa Romeo - we had two 164. An Alfa 90 which was really nice but hard to get parts for...

Now he collects Fiat Ulysses because he needs a lot of room for the missus and nippers and all their stuff for when they go camping.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2347 on: August 19, 2020, 06:53:17 AM »
Today I realized my disconnect with the modern ways to listen to music, and that while I'm barely 40, I'm a dinosaur when it comes to listening to music.

I'm planning multiple trips in my upcoming vacations that would require far more space than my old, but still beloved, faithful and reliable mp3 player; I spent a lot of time considering wether I should buy a very cheap but well promoted mp3 player in addition to the one I have, before even realizing that I have a modern smartphone with a music player, good quality and lot of free space both on the internal memory and on the external SD card.  :facepalm:

I guess I'll never get used to the idea of having music on your smartphone, I give so much capital importance to music that I'll probably always want to have a specific device dedicated only to play music.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2348 on: August 19, 2020, 07:04:52 AM »
My Dad used to collect old 5 series BMW. Then he went through a phase of only getting Alfa Romeo - we had two 164. An Alfa 90 which was really nice but hard to get parts for...

Now he collects Fiat Ulysses because he needs a lot of room for the missus and nippers and all their stuff for when they go camping.

I love 5 series BMW's, especially the late 90's early 00's models, I wanted a new one but they are out of my price range.

Today I realized my disconnect with the modern ways to listen to music, and that while I'm barely 40, I'm a dinosaur when it comes to listening to music.

I'm planning multiple trips in my upcoming vacations that would require far more space than my old, but still beloved, faithful and reliable mp3 player; I spent a lot of time considering wether I should buy a very cheap but well promoted mp3 player in addition to the one I have, before even realizing that I have a modern smartphone with a music player, good quality and lot of free space both on the internal memory and on the external SD card.  :facepalm:

I guess I'll never get used to the idea of having music on your smartphone, I give so much capital importance to music that I'll probably always want to have a specific device dedicated only to play music.

In my mission to limit the things I carry in my pockets the mp3 player was the first to go. Spotify makes it so easy to carry all my music around, you can even import tracks that aren't on spotify to your phone and listen to them through spotify and integrate them into your playlists.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2349 on: August 19, 2020, 07:27:31 AM »
Yea, dedicated mp3 players are old school now.  Load up the sd card on your phone, that's the way to go IMO.  Or stream if you like those services.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2350 on: August 19, 2020, 07:58:54 AM »

You and me both!   But now I have a smartphone that is full of music!   Thankfully I'm not a huge picture guy.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2351 on: August 19, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »

Yeah, I use an external SD-card on my phone to keep all the physical music I own, and streaming platforms to listen to the stuff I don't have. I still have my CD-player and my old mp3 player stored somewhere though.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2352 on: August 19, 2020, 12:06:00 PM »
No but really. What is the point in living anyway ?

I wish i could jump off a cliff but hang around for a little while like Patrick Swayze in GHOST to see all the absolute horseshit people would say about me at my funeral.

:'( He was so talented and kind and sweet and funny and chatty and popular "

I'd be at the back like  :rollin " Nah this is gold. keep going. "

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2353 on: August 19, 2020, 05:53:02 PM »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 06:02:19 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2354 on: August 19, 2020, 06:31:41 PM »
No but really. What is the point in living anyway ?

I wish i could jump off a cliff but hang around for a little while like Patrick Swayze in GHOST to see all the absolute horseshit people would say about me at my funeral.

:'( He was so talented and kind and sweet and funny and chatty and popular "

I'd be at the back like  :rollin " Nah this is gold. keep going. "

These would have been much better lyrics to "Goodbye Cruel World" compared to what Floyd ended up using on The Wall.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2355 on: August 19, 2020, 06:44:02 PM »
None of that talk here man. Every day is a joy and don't you forget that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2356 on: August 19, 2020, 06:45:26 PM »

Every day is a joy

Joe, the man just died. Jeesh!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2357 on: August 19, 2020, 06:48:20 PM »
Lol. I just hate that talk.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2358 on: August 21, 2020, 06:59:18 AM »
Every day is NOT a joy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2359 on: August 21, 2020, 02:13:25 PM »
Yes it is. I've been feeling down.  I needed a wake up call to take better care of myself so I am.  I'm looking at the good to get that evil out of my mind.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2360 on: August 21, 2020, 07:49:16 PM »
I've been feeling down. 

Let me help you feel better...

And if that doesn't work there's always this...

Err, on second thought, better stick with this one :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2361 on: August 21, 2020, 08:00:54 PM »
That brightens the spirit!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2362 on: August 21, 2020, 11:29:51 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2363 on: August 22, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »
So we just harvested our first habanero from the garden and used it to make wing sauce. Oh holy fucking shit what have we done. 🔥😍🔥😥🔥😱🔥☠️
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2364 on: August 22, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »
Yo Joe. Was that pic from the concert taken at The Meadows in Hartford?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2365 on: August 22, 2020, 07:18:08 PM »
Pretty sure it was taken in a sunflower field.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2366 on: August 22, 2020, 07:56:00 PM »
Yo Joe. Was that pic from the concert taken at The Meadows in Hartford?

No.  It was Mansfield Mass.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2367 on: August 25, 2020, 06:00:31 AM »
Hi DTF. Just in case no one has told you today:

- Good morning
- I believe in you
- You're doing great
- Nice butt
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2368 on: August 25, 2020, 11:23:19 AM »

- Good morning
- I believe in you
- You're doing great
- Nice butt

I needed this so bad!  Thanks Zy!  I’d say the same to you,  it instead of “butt”, I’ll say “couch”
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2369 on: August 25, 2020, 11:40:50 AM »
:zydarscouch:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2371 on: August 25, 2020, 12:13:06 PM »

- Nice butt

Thanks. I try my best. :zydar:  :blush

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2372 on: August 25, 2020, 04:03:39 PM »
So I had a quote come up in my Facebook memories from 2011 that I copy/pasted from a thread here. That got me thinking... Whatever happened to our hobbit? I see she was last actively active 3-4 years ago. I hope she's doing well.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2373 on: August 25, 2020, 05:17:57 PM »
Our hobbit?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2374 on: August 25, 2020, 05:23:04 PM »
If I recall correctly, Alice was short and referred to herself as DTF's resident hobbit or something like that.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2375 on: August 25, 2020, 06:02:03 PM »
Who is Alice??

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2376 on: August 26, 2020, 12:18:45 AM »
Am I the only person who remembers her?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2377 on: August 26, 2020, 12:20:35 AM »
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:00:51 AM by Zydar »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2378 on: August 26, 2020, 06:01:36 AM »

Yeah, I remember her as well.  There's lots of people we could say "what happened to", or "why'd they leave".  Faye comes to mind as well.  Sigz, Seneca, Scrop, Ultimetalhead, Zeltar, Ravenhead.... lots of names lost in the aether.  Which leads to a bit of a morbid thought... I mean, DTFrs aren't immortal.  The only one I know of that passed was ViolentGreen, but there's a reasonable chance he isn't the only one.   :-\

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2379 on: August 26, 2020, 07:29:21 AM »

Yeah, I remember her as well.  There's lots of people we could say "what happened to", or "why'd they leave".  Faye comes to mind as well.  Sigz, Seneca, Scrop, Ultimetalhead, Zeltar, Ravenhead.... lots of names lost in the aether.  Which leads to a bit of a morbid thought... I mean, DTFrs aren't immortal.  The only one I know of that passed was ViolentGreen, but there's a reasonable chance he isn't the only one.   :-\

I'm still wondering about the guy who went to Mt Everest and never reported back to his thread.