Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 290151 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2275 on: July 27, 2020, 07:22:23 PM »
Yea, I remember mostly bleeding on my pillow for a few nights.  I also had codeine, which I only used the first night because I didn't feel too much pain after so my parents didn't give it to me.  The first day was a dooze mostly from the funny gas.  I didn't even get anesthesia.  I also still love how I remember the moment before they started the work on me.  The nurse was just doing kind of like a basic interview. She asked some questions about me but then she asked "what do you want to do with your life?" and I laughed hysterically (internally I kept thinking, wow what a really hard question) and then she's like "ok he's ready" and the dentist came in and pulled all my wisdom teeth out.

On another note, I had a fatty tissue growing on my head a few years ago that I got removed, and also didn't get anesthesia, just because I didn't want to pay extra for it, nor did I feel it necessary (probably like my parents prior).  I didn't feel pain because he gave me some other injections to number my head, but such a weird experience to be awake while your head is having something removed.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2276 on: July 28, 2020, 06:03:15 AM »
That made me shudder thinking about being awake while having something removed. I had my wisdom teeth removed last year but mine was two trip. I had an extra pair of teeth so it was 6 removed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2277 on: July 28, 2020, 06:39:08 AM »
I only have two (from birth).  Nothing on my left, one on my top right that looks like a normal tooth (but is a bit crooked) and the bottom one on my right is laying flat down next to my jaw bone.   One of those "there's a facial nerve there, so if it doesn't bother you, we're not going to bother it".   

Teeth/mouth/etc. work is my greatest fear.  I've played hockey games with a broken foot, twice played parts of soccer season with a broken arm (I was goal keeper, though).   But I'm like a 4 year old in the dentist chair.  I go, three times a year, because I know the alternative is worse, but I hate it and fear it.

Will and Jada Smith are their own separate thread.  All that "enlightenment" is too much to contain.  :) 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2278 on: July 28, 2020, 08:48:34 PM »
Someone please resurrect the Caption This Picture Thread with that picture of Will Smith (or is it Robert Horry)?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2279 on: August 04, 2020, 02:32:37 PM »
Thank you Tropical Storm Isaiah for the power outage that may last for awhile. Downed trees all over my neighborhood.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2280 on: August 04, 2020, 05:38:58 PM »
That blows! Half of our town is out. Not us luckily...this time.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2281 on: August 04, 2020, 05:48:36 PM »
2009 we had an ice storm that the power was out for 5 days. A plow truck sanding shot a large piece of ice through the rear window on my car on day 2.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2282 on: August 04, 2020, 06:01:17 PM »
Local town update on Facebook says to expect a multi day outage as there's one spot with multiple poles down and then there's numerous other lines down from trees in the area that I can see on the JCPL website ouage map. I really just hope to have it back tomorrow otherwise I've got to figure out my food situation as the ice I bought earlier won't last further.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2283 on: August 04, 2020, 06:51:37 PM »
Yowzers!!  Hope you got a lot of canned goods.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2284 on: August 04, 2020, 06:59:41 PM »
My local cop friend texted me that he almost died and that moment I got power back  :rollin A bit later he finally explained (and it's coincidence) that he turned around a truck trying to go down a local road that he was blocking due to a downed tree on a power line and when the truck tried to turn around, it hit a different power line which caused the top to blow up while the power company was watching trying to fix the already down lines  :lol This is only about 2 miles from me, but luckily I seem to be in good shape now and he's fine, just annoyed.  I think being near a hospital helps getting the power back quicker for me though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2285 on: August 04, 2020, 07:57:30 PM »
I think being near a hospital helps getting the power back quicker for me though.

Yes, that is a fact.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2286 on: August 05, 2020, 08:59:33 AM »
Adulting slowly rots the soul.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2287 on: August 05, 2020, 09:00:48 AM »
Adulting slowly rots the soul.

This is why I try to stay silly.  It's no fun being serious all the time.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2288 on: August 05, 2020, 09:07:07 AM »
There are days, I will break through walls, I feel great.  Other days, I'm tired of the battle and wish I was a kid again.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2289 on: August 05, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »
I'd say that's completely normal. Got to take the good with the bad. Yesterday totally sucked for me but today is a new day and its beautiful out. Thats all you can do is move forward and stay positive. The tough times make you stronger.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2290 on: August 05, 2020, 09:17:05 AM »
Oh definitely.  I think the pandemic has hurt me where I could let off steam before I need to find other avenues.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2291 on: August 05, 2020, 09:32:06 AM »
Oh definitely.  I think the pandemic has hurt me where I could let off steam before I need to find other avenues.

How'd you let off steam before?  Going to shows?  I know that always helped get my negativity out of me.  Sadly, I haven't found anything close to that during these times either.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2292 on: August 05, 2020, 09:48:01 AM »
Absolutely.  Going somewhere being able to communicate face to face with others.  Just being at home while good sometimes isn't the same.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2293 on: August 05, 2020, 10:06:17 AM »
Yea, isolation really gets to you.  I always consider myself an introvert but this stay at home stuff is really getting to me as well.  I'm happy though that my siblings and I are at least getting comfortable as we now have started seeing each other again.  I haven't hung out with any of my friends though, nor have I just mingled with strangers like I would at a concert.  I definitely miss those human interactions that I never really thought I would.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2294 on: August 05, 2020, 10:07:42 AM »
I have plenty of interaction at work but you need those conversations away from work.  Mindless fun.  I miss that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2295 on: August 05, 2020, 10:14:23 AM »
I have plenty of interaction at work but you need those conversations away from work.  Mindless fun.  I miss that.

Yea, work doesn't count in terms of this.  But I work mostly alone so I don't even get those conversations.  I'm going to see my nieces this weekend, those two kids really bring out something that I can't find anywhere else.  Like their ignorant happiness in all of this not knowing what's really going on, just being kids.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2296 on: August 05, 2020, 10:15:53 AM »
Well T-Minus 10 days until 2 weeks off.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2297 on: August 05, 2020, 10:17:44 AM »
Well deserved my friend!

I took two days off last week and it felt great to go somewhere else for a bit even if it wasn't for long.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2298 on: August 05, 2020, 10:20:29 AM »
Going to do a drive in.  Going to a Botanical garden for the wifey.  Day trips to places not crazy congested with people.  A few restaurants that have outside dining. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2299 on: August 05, 2020, 10:23:32 AM »
Going to do a drive in.  Going to a Botanical garden for the wifey.  Day trips to places not crazy congested with people.  A few restaurants that have outside dining.

All local or are you going to drive somewhere and chill there to do these things?

Part of me wants to drive up to Maine to go to the National Park up there for a few days, but I'm just really lazy to make that drive.  Also who's playing at the drive in?  I tried to get tickets to a show and it sold out immediately.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2300 on: August 05, 2020, 10:26:55 AM »
Just a movie.  I don't know what's playing even if it's an oldie.  I want to just get out and be there,.  We are hitting Maine for sure.  Lighthouses plus that's where the Botanical Garden is.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2301 on: August 05, 2020, 10:31:55 AM »
Awesome, sounds like a good time coming up for you

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2302 on: August 05, 2020, 11:32:21 AM »

What's the clam place in Kittery... Bob's Clam Hut.  Excellent. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2303 on: August 05, 2020, 01:14:46 PM »
We love Petey's in Rye, N.H. on Rt 1A.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2304 on: August 05, 2020, 04:47:16 PM »
The best thing in Kittery closed down years ago...

The Pepperidge Farm Outlet Store.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2305 on: August 05, 2020, 07:45:30 PM »

My God you're old.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2306 on: August 05, 2020, 07:51:29 PM »

My God you're old.

:rollin :rollin

You know it.

I used to go home with a damn trunk full of Sausalito cookies and cinnamon swirl bread! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2307 on: August 05, 2020, 08:00:21 PM »
 :lol

Come on.  We know you snuck a bag of Milano's just for you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2308 on: August 05, 2020, 08:00:59 PM »
Um...the trunkload of Sausalitos was for me! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2309 on: August 05, 2020, 08:01:59 PM »
The fuck?  Your belly should be bigger!  Lol