Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 290374 times)

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2170 on: July 05, 2020, 06:08:45 PM »
Hey smart people...any of you guys know how to clean this pic so the license plate is readable? Guess this person has been taking pics of a buddy's house and car and driving off.

BADU 1ST

or not
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2171 on: July 05, 2020, 06:08:50 PM »
Jen!!  I wish Progstock was happening this year. Mile Marker Zero was one I was really looking forward to see again!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2172 on: July 05, 2020, 06:09:43 PM »
Jen!!  I wish Progstock was happening this year. Mile Marker Zero was one I was really looking forward to see again!

me too. so it's not then? definitely? that fucking blows :/

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2173 on: July 05, 2020, 06:16:16 PM »
I can only assume since they haven't added bands for a long time. They do a Facebook live interview with other musicians every monday at 8pm. I'll send you an invite if your interested.   It normally lasts an hour.  Tomorrow it's a surprise with guitar talk.

Upcoming is Marco Minnemann  and Jean Pagneau from Mystery.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2174 on: July 05, 2020, 06:17:28 PM »
nah i don't do facebook and i work 8am-5pm every day, and don't get home until at least 530-545. then i rest, watch whatever i'm watching at the time, and am asleep by 930. i don't really have the passion for music that i used to anymore. anything that makes me feel too much, i try to just build a wall around for now. feelings are overrated.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2175 on: July 05, 2020, 06:18:35 PM »
edited because oops

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2176 on: July 05, 2020, 06:23:43 PM »
Just glad to see you hear. Hopefully well get to hang again at Progstock. 

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2177 on: July 05, 2020, 06:28:32 PM »

fingers crossed.

at least i finally took Emma/my 17 year old daughter and left my abusive asshat husband of 27 years this past march. that's still a touch and go situation but i have my own place, am working full time at a job i love, and am happy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2178 on: July 05, 2020, 06:54:09 PM »
Don't the right thing Jen. Got to protect the kids and hell, yourself!

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2179 on: July 05, 2020, 07:02:55 PM »
thanks for the support :) it's still a fucked up situation but at least i come home to my own place and do my own thing and don't have to be afraid on a daily basis. shit was fucked beyond belief there.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2180 on: July 05, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »
No one should ever go through that. I'm glad you are a strong woman to get away and protect your daughter. 

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2181 on: July 05, 2020, 07:15:30 PM »
The best part is that I got a job that I love and then my manager hired my daughter too, let me train her myself, and now schedules us the exact same days and hours because he knows I drive her to/from work, AND schedules our lunches together. :)

and now had made a job offer to one of my sons (Tommy, who came to progstock last year) as well. :)

they're good people at my local store. i'm truly lucky and blessed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2182 on: July 05, 2020, 07:17:35 PM »
Tell Tommy I said hello. So glad you as a family are in a safe place all together. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2183 on: July 05, 2020, 07:20:39 PM »
So glad you as a family are in a safe place all together.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2184 on: July 05, 2020, 07:24:21 PM »
you guys are so sweet and kind. thank you. tommy isn't with us, but that was his choice. he knows the door is always open, and i just told him that yesterday or the day before, when we saw him. he's nearby though, and knows my door is open. hopefully he will take me up on that or get his own place once he gets a paycheck or two. fingers crossed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2185 on: July 05, 2020, 07:25:58 PM »
I hope so too Jen.  Bedtime for this old fart. 5am wakecup call. Night.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2186 on: July 05, 2020, 07:27:41 PM »
yuck! 6 for me. night!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2187 on: July 05, 2020, 07:31:07 PM »
Bedtime for this old fart. 5am wakecup call. Night.

Visiting hours over at the home?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2188 on: July 05, 2020, 07:59:37 PM »
at least i finally took Emma/my 17 year old daughter and left my abusive asshat husband of 27 years this past march. that's still a touch and go situation but i have my own place, am working full time at a job i love, and am happy.

Oh dear lord this is so awesome to read. I’ve periodically thought about you and your situation over the last year and a half (since we met at Progstock) but didn’t know how to check i with ya - or want to in case someone was always watching. This post makes me happy.

Just don’t wait for Tommy’s call.... he might be napping.  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2189 on: July 05, 2020, 08:17:19 PM »

fingers crossed.

I kinda figured this was afoot, I'm very glad that you got out safely and are on your feet.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2190 on: July 06, 2020, 04:05:42 AM »
RIP Ennio Morricone.

The last of the giants.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2191 on: July 06, 2020, 04:11:31 AM »
*Sad harmonica playing*

Though honestly, apart from like the huge films, I'm not too familiar with his works..
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2192 on: July 06, 2020, 07:30:36 AM »
Abby on CSI could enhance that to the point you could get the size of the screw holding the plate in place, and know the miles to the next oil change.  Then of course she could trace the paint manufacturer back to the day the car was sprayed, and... case cracked.

Did you mean NCIS or is there an Abby on CSI too? Or were you making a joke that all these shows have an Abby-like character?

Just being silly; EVERY show has the same character.  Abby.  The woman on Criminal Minds with the pink hair.  Patterson on Blindspot (though I like her, since I'm a crossword-puzzle person myself...)...  it's all the same.   :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2193 on: July 06, 2020, 07:36:02 AM »
just thought i'd pop in and say hey. when i joined dt.net in 2004 i certainly couldn't envision me still around in 2020, but after coming back and posting to VG's son yesterday, I randomly ended up helping a girl today at work who was wearing a Dream Theater shirt. Felt like a sign that I'm on the right track here. I told her to come register here. I hope she does. So weird, but in some way validating. I realize i'm injecting myself in the middle of a conversation, but I mean, that has never stopped me before. :)

That's like spotting the Loch Ness Monster at Area 51!   :) :) :)

I kid, I kid.

Hey, I don't know you even a little bit, but I have two women in my life that are at various stages of what it looks/sounds like you're going through.   One has just made the leap, the other is standing at the ledge uncertain of the depth of the water.  Again, I don't know you (but it looks like people I know and admire do), but I've seen first hand how hard it is to do what you did.  Good for you, and I hope things work out for you.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2194 on: July 06, 2020, 11:44:49 AM »
Charlie Daniels passed away. R.I.P. you son of a bitch.  You were the best that ever been.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2195 on: July 06, 2020, 11:51:19 AM »
Charlie Daniels passed away. R.I.P. you son of a bitch.  You were the best that ever been.

Tip of the feathered cap, and rosen'd bow.  I don't know any other songs by him, but damn that was a beaut!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2196 on: July 06, 2020, 12:26:17 PM »
Ah shit.  That makes me sad.   It's worth checking out his interviews with both Dan Rather and Sammy Hagar.  Seemed like a really humble, reasonable guy.   Voice like velvet too. 

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2197 on: July 06, 2020, 04:05:15 PM »
just thought i'd pop in and say hey. when i joined dt.net in 2004 i certainly couldn't envision me still around in 2020, but after coming back and posting to VG's son yesterday, I randomly ended up helping a girl today at work who was wearing a Dream Theater shirt. Felt like a sign that I'm on the right track here. I told her to come register here. I hope she does. So weird, but in some way validating. I realize i'm injecting myself in the middle of a conversation, but I mean, that has never stopped me before. :)

That's like spotting the Loch Ness Monster at Area 51!   :) :) :)

I kid, I kid.

Hey, I don't know you even a little bit, but I have two women in my life that are at various stages of what it looks/sounds like you're going through.   One has just made the leap, the other is standing at the ledge uncertain of the depth of the water.  Again, I don't know you (but it looks like people I know and admire do), but I've seen first hand how hard it is to do what you did.  Good for you, and I hope things work out for you.   

Thanks! it's appreciated. I hope the people in your life who are in similar situations get out swiftly and safely.

as for the girl in the DT shirt - seriously! I mean, the women's bathroom at a DT show will still be empty, but this helps fill one more stall anyway.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2198 on: July 06, 2020, 05:49:08 PM »
RIP Ennio Morricone.

Dang, 91.

Everyone do the coyote howl from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with me!

Ahhhh-ahhhh-ahhhhh.... Wahhhhhh, wahhhhhh... wahhhhhh........
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2199 on: July 08, 2020, 12:39:41 AM »
Good morning :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2200 on: July 08, 2020, 04:25:10 AM »

Good morning! It's going to be 90 again here today. Been that hot all week, so of course I've had to work all week. Probably for the best since pools aren't open or anything, no water parks, etc. yet. It's weird being in NY. People simultaneously know darn well that we're the hardest hit place as far as covid goes in the known universe, and blow it off like it's no big deal by wearing masks with their noses hanging out because "it's easier to breathe [all the covid in]". Real life :neverusethis: everywhere you look. Is that still a tag? It should be. anyway, :vfs:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2201 on: July 08, 2020, 04:45:38 AM »
My new boss is at my site today. No surfing the web today. 

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2202 on: July 08, 2020, 04:57:23 AM »
My new boss is at my site today. No surfing the web today. 

Do you do OSHA violations checking? I can't remember whose usernames are who in real life.

We have a walk in freezer that has no emergency opening button on the inside. It's just metal and foam insulation and a big indentation where it used to be. The coolers have one, so if it shuts all the way while we are working inside, we can push on the button and lean heavily on the door and it will open. The freezer, there's no way out. And while in there, it's like a huge farraday cage and all cellphones lose service, and it's really hard to hear, say, ME banging on it to be let out.

Is that a violation?

has to be, right?

I'd love to see that shit fixed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2203 on: July 08, 2020, 07:43:29 AM »

Good morning! It's going to be 90 again here today. Been that hot all week, so of course I've had to work all week. Probably for the best since pools aren't open or anything, no water parks, etc. yet. It's weird being in NY. People simultaneously know darn well that we're the hardest hit place as far as covid goes in the known universe, and blow it off like it's no big deal by wearing masks with their noses hanging out because "it's easier to breathe [all the covid in]". Real life :neverusethis: everywhere you look. Is that still a tag? It should be. anyway, :vfs:

I'm in Connecticut; apparently we have the lowest R0 in the country (that's good).  NY's is slightly higher, slightly above 1 (a lower R0 is better, optimally below 1) but given that Manhattan and the immediate suburbs were basically East Coast Ground Zero, that ain't too bad.  I didn't vote for my governor - we're a very blue state already, in deep debt, and he seemed to want to keep pushing in that direction; his opponent wasn't perfect, but I knew him from my professional life and thought he could at least bring some financial accountability to the mix - but he's risen to the challenge in a big way (granted, largely following Cuomo's lead) and I'm really impressed with his leadership.   We have our outliers, our people that just don't want to play ball, but it is what it is, and thankfully for me/us, I've not had an experience where I couldn't adjust accordingly and minimize the risk.   I don't know where you are in NY, but here's hoping our little corner of the world keeps at it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2204 on: July 08, 2020, 06:47:41 PM »
I FINALLY heard back from my (former) manager (from the insurance agency).

Basically he said to fuck off, and they may be "hiring" again later this year or early next year. 

I was told I wouldn't have to go through a process when they brought me back in, so them saying "hiring" again makes me think I'll have to go through a process. Either way, this comes after I sent him a text essentially saying " I've tried getting ahold of you and you haven't gotten back to me. Do I have a job or not?" (Obviously in a more professional wording).

I guess I have no excuses to keep my ass from job hunting.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"