Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 289885 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2135 on: June 20, 2020, 06:19:01 AM »
Never wore chaps in my life.

Cherio.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2136 on: June 20, 2020, 06:29:26 AM »
Morning guys.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2137 on: June 20, 2020, 06:36:02 AM »
Morning. How does the Amish say morning Tim? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2138 on: June 20, 2020, 07:02:30 AM »
Guder mariye.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2139 on: June 20, 2020, 07:05:59 AM »
AH HA!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2140 on: June 20, 2020, 08:08:42 AM »
Not to blow TAC's gig as resident Luddite, but if you told me Barack Obama was in Alien, I'd have to take your word for it.  I MIGHT have seen it once.   That is definitely one of those movies - like the Matrix (though I just watched that last week) that I assume is great, but have little interest.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2141 on: June 20, 2020, 08:18:06 AM »
You shame me Stadler. :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2142 on: June 21, 2020, 04:29:53 AM »
 :police: :police:

Q : How do you stop getting chapped lips ?

A : Stop kissing CHAPS !  ;D

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2143 on: June 29, 2020, 04:21:17 PM »
So my (former?) Work has people back on the office working... And I heard that someone had put in a 2 week notice.

I was laid off in March, and was told they would bring me back in when they can.  I hadn't heard from them at all, so decided to call the manager and touch bases on where we are at with me coming back to work.

No answer. So left a voicemail. I totally understand if they don't want to bring me back yet, as things have been slow, and I'd need to start my training over (which involves lots of face to face and what not... Not covid friendly).  I'd just like to know so I can start looking. I have another month of the CARES Act unemployment, and like 4 months of regular unemployment, not including the 13 week extension I can use .. but I'd like to have my shit figured out before it gets to that.

The owner at the security company I left has been in contact with me, and wants to meet up for dinner / beers once things calm down.  I know I would have work with him if I wanted, but there are reasons why I left, and he knows I will not come back to working with that bitch account manager they have. I may so some event type stuff working with him directly, but that would be few and far between.

It's going be an interesting month or so.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2144 on: June 29, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »
Not to blow TAC's gig as resident Luddite, but if you told me Barack Obama was in Alien, I'd have to take your word for it.  I MIGHT have seen it once.   That is definitely one of those movies - like the Matrix (though I just watched that last week) that I assume is great, but have little interest.

I've never seen the Matrix. Keanu Reeves stars in my all time favorite movie and I knew he'd be a huge star.

@Jay...Good luck man and I hope things work out for you.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2145 on: June 29, 2020, 08:17:26 PM »
Tim, fix that ASAP. The 1sr movie of the trilogy is amazing. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2146 on: June 29, 2020, 08:20:28 PM »
Tim, fix that ASAP. The 1sr movie of the trilogy is amazing.

The firster?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2147 on: June 29, 2020, 08:30:57 PM »
1st you pud. Lol. Seriously. it's an excellent movie. 

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2148 on: June 30, 2020, 08:50:09 AM »

I've never seen the Matrix. Keanu Reeves stars in my all time favorite movie and I knew he'd be a huge star.

@Jay...Good luck man and I hope things work out for you.

Yeah I loved Keanu in Youngblood as well.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2149 on: June 30, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »
1st you pud. Lol. Seriously. it's an excellent movie.

"Pud".  One of the top three words in the English language.  I have one friend that uses that occasionally as a goof, but other than that, I haven't heard that word in DECADES. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2150 on: June 30, 2020, 10:15:50 AM »
Tim and I do act like teenagers around each other.  LOL

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2151 on: June 30, 2020, 02:56:21 PM »
RIP Carl Reiner

Heaven is getting funnier and funnier

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #2152 on: July 01, 2020, 07:59:05 PM »
Didn't want to create a thread over this, but my driver's license is expiring in a few weeks and I'm going to renew it this week, maybe.  I got some questions about the whole REAL ID thing that they are implementing this October and that you cannot fly without it.  Since I'm not going to be flying any time soon, do I really need a Real ID card any time soon?  Would it be a problem if I get my driver's license renewed now and not have the REAL ID card?  What happens if months down the line, it's ok to fly, can I still apply for a REAL ID card then? 

I need an another perspective about this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:04:23 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2153 on: July 01, 2020, 08:06:12 PM »
Didn't want to create a thread over this, but my driver's license is expiring in a few weeks and I'm going to renew it this week, maybe.  I got some questions about the whole REAL ID thing that they are implementing this October and that you cannot fly without it.  Since I'm not going to be flying any time soon, do I really need a Real ID card any time soon?  Would it be a problem if I get my driver's license renewed now and not have the REAL ID card?  What happens if months down the line, it's ok to fly, can I still apply for a REAL ID card then?

Does it cost more money to get that?  Do you have a passport?  If you have a passport you will be fine to just bring that when you travel.  If not, I highly suggest getting the REAL ID because that will allow you to travel domestically. 

Right now, I don't have  REAL ID and my plan was to just carry my passport whenever I fly.  Typically I just carry it international, but this fall I will just carry it for any flights until my driver's license expires.  I also have one of the card passports that you can use to go to Canada/Mexico.  I was wondering if that can be used for domestic travel over a REAL ID driver's license.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2154 on: July 01, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »
Hey smart people...any of you guys know how to clean this pic so the license plate is readable? Guess this person has been taking pics of a buddy's house and car and driving off.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2155 on: July 01, 2020, 10:46:07 PM »
Since I'm not going to be flying any time soon, do I really need a Real ID card any time soon?  Would it be a problem if I get my driver's license renewed now and not have the REAL ID card?  What happens if months down the line, it's ok to fly, can I still apply for a REAL ID card then? 

I think you can apply for a REAL ID any time, but you might find it annoying to go through the process and fees to renew your ordinary license, then months later doing the same thing for a REAL ID. If you are going to renew your license, you might as well just get the enhanced one, and accept it will cost more this time around. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2156 on: July 02, 2020, 05:17:06 AM »
Hey smart people...any of you guys know how to clean this pic so the license plate is readable? Guess this person has been taking pics of a buddy's house and car and driving off.

Have you tried tapping the keyboard repeatedly and saying "enhance"?
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2157 on: July 02, 2020, 05:43:33 AM »

The police may have something that could help, no? I'd let them know. Maybe hey could park a cruiser nearby.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2158 on: July 02, 2020, 09:02:02 AM »
Abby on CSI could enhance that to the point you could get the size of the screw holding the plate in place, and know the miles to the next oil change.  Then of course she could trace the paint manufacturer back to the day the car was sprayed, and... case cracked.   

But me?  Looks like a Cali license plate on a white BMW.  Best I got, bro.   :)  :) :)

(In all seriousness, if he is coming by, set your iPhone to that setting where it takes 20 pictures in 4 microseconds or whatever it is, and you should be able to get one of the frames that has the letters fairly legible.)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2159 on: July 02, 2020, 09:12:34 AM »
Abby on CSI could enhance that to the point you could get the size of the screw holding the plate in place, and know the miles to the next oil change.  Then of course she could trace the paint manufacturer back to the day the car was sprayed, and... case cracked.   

Damn CSI get all the good toys.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2160 on: July 03, 2020, 05:44:52 AM »
Damn it's just blurry enough not to be able to make it out. I think the first letters are 4A and that's it :lol

Morning guys, took the day off today so that I can drive to Tennessee.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2161 on: July 03, 2020, 06:20:47 AM »
I did my best, I think the plate clearly says "STADS1" but I can't be 100%.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2162 on: July 03, 2020, 06:36:24 AM »
:lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2163 on: July 03, 2020, 06:39:57 AM »
I did my best, I think the plate clearly says "STADS1" but I can't be 100%.

California dude ... more likely it’s BOSK1.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2164 on: July 03, 2020, 10:37:39 AM »
You guys are fucking stupid  :rollin

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2165 on: July 04, 2020, 04:57:34 AM »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2166 on: July 04, 2020, 07:35:07 AM »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2167 on: July 04, 2020, 10:10:35 AM »

I'm painting my bathroom door and the window frame on the 4th. So damn patriotic.  Lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2168 on: July 04, 2020, 10:27:36 AM »

Did you mean NCIS or is there an Abby on CSI too? Or were you making a joke that all these shows have an Abby-like character?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2169 on: July 05, 2020, 06:06:57 PM »
just thought i'd pop in and say hey. when i joined dt.net in 2004 i certainly couldn't envision me still around in 2020, but after coming back and posting to VG's son yesterday, I randomly ended up helping a girl today at work who was wearing a Dream Theater shirt. Felt like a sign that I'm on the right track here. I told her to come register here. I hope she does. So weird, but in some way validating. I realize i'm injecting myself in the middle of a conversation, but I mean, that has never stopped me before. :)
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs: