Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 290058 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2100 on: June 11, 2020, 08:40:56 AM »
So sorry Chad
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2101 on: June 11, 2020, 11:29:41 AM »
Thanks guys.  I appreciate the response. It’s hard to know what/how to feel. I know some of you have lost parents already ... this is my first. And while we have been estranged for a few years, this conversation on Saturday gave me some hope we could find a path to reconciliation. Clearly that’s not going to happen. At least we did get that talk - this would be monumentally harder if that hadn’t happened.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2102 on: June 11, 2020, 04:06:50 PM »
Like I told you, you deserved that moment, and I'm so glad you had that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2103 on: June 11, 2020, 06:09:24 PM »
I know some of you have lost parents already ... this is my first.

My closest friend, whom I first met in Kindergarten, lost his mom on Monday. It is the first parent of a friend who has passed. Thinking about it is a little surreal, how I used to play at his house as kids and his mom always was welcoming to us. I haven't experienced many deaths; those in my family who have passed I was not close to, and those I know who have died I would not consider more than acquaintances.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2104 on: June 12, 2020, 05:16:31 PM »
I'm 42 this year and I have one remaining parent and one remaining Grandparent - who himself turns 93 in December.

On the other hand I have one older sibling, one younger sibling, one much younger half-sibling and 2 adopted much younger siblings and about 8 nieces / nephews.

So it's not all bad.

My Dad is 70 next year and I hope he has the longevity of my Grandad - who at 93 still drives and is still completely sane. :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2105 on: June 12, 2020, 08:22:14 PM »
My parents are both 74 this year. I am out of grandparents. Thinking of adopting Podaar and Stadler to fill those roles.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2106 on: June 12, 2020, 08:46:48 PM »
I only have my Dad who is a fighter but has MS & Cancer. He's 74 in July.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2107 on: June 13, 2020, 06:55:43 AM »
I'm in a situation that isn't entirely dissimilar from Chad...I haven't spoken with my dad in approaching three years, and have only exchanged a handful of texts in that time. I told my  narcissistic, manipulative, abusive mother to fuck off into the sun, and despite him agreeing with me that "she's a real fucking bitch" (his words), it was just easier for him to keep the status quo with her and let any relationship with me lapse, despite me reaching out to him about it.  So when the time inevitably comes (they'll both be 75 this year), it's going to be...weird. I'm accepting that, if something happens quickly rather than slowly, I might never speak to him again. And the only real shot at reestablishing anything with him is if my mother kicks off first.  Sigh.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2108 on: June 13, 2020, 07:08:05 AM »
Well fuck.  Saturday I got a text from my father that he's in the hospital, and we ended up speaking for about 30 minutes.... really nice and pleasant conversation.  He'd been in for a week, after some very significant leg pain and swelling for some time.  Doctors still hadn't been able to diagnose or treat him.  I texted with him Monday, still no resolution.

Then I get a call this morning from my brother to tell me he passed away early this morning.

Fuck

Wow, I am really sorry for your loss Chad.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2109 on: June 13, 2020, 10:41:19 AM »
I'm in a situation that isn't entirely dissimilar from Chad...I haven't spoken with my dad in approaching three years, and have only exchanged a handful of texts in that time. I told my  narcissistic, manipulative, abusive mother to fuck off into the sun, and despite him agreeing with me that "she's a real fucking bitch" (his words), it was just easier for him to keep the status quo with her and let any relationship with me lapse, despite me reaching out to him about it.  So when the time inevitably comes (they'll both be 75 this year), it's going to be...weird. I'm accepting that, if something happens quickly rather than slowly, I might never speak to him again. And the only real shot at reestablishing anything with him is if my mother kicks off first.  Sigh.

Damn man, that’s rough. Sadly, we can’t choose our families. It’s been a weird few days for me, certainly.  I mean, I’d already mourned the loss of my relationship with my father.  Coupled with the fact that his partner and my brother and uncle aren't including me in any discussions about the service, I’m most definitely and outsider in this whole thing. Oh well.  I’ll get thru this next week, and then the only other time I’ll have to deal with my brother is when my mother passes.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2110 on: June 13, 2020, 03:56:30 PM »

Sounds very familiar to my situation.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2111 on: June 13, 2020, 08:40:31 PM »
My wife went 10 years not talking to her parents.  Specifically her mom.  She's toxic.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2112 on: June 14, 2020, 04:49:49 AM »
My wife went 10 years not talking to her parents.  Specifically her mom.  She's toxic.

Luckily, you've got a good thing going with your brother, and father (despite his health issues).  I've got a fairly good relationship with my mother, but she's  a (luckily, mild) narcissist, so it's not always shits and giggles with her.

Families suck sometimes.  I pray I can do and be better with the jingle.kids over the course of their lifetimes.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2113 on: June 14, 2020, 06:54:25 AM »
Families suck sometimes.  I pray I can do and be better with the jingle.kids over the course of their lifetimes.

They really do. My Dad and I have been estranged for years now and I have no interest in making amends, I've tried before but it just isn't going to work.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: June 14, 2020, 07:29:56 AM »
I'd say your kids look at you differently than how you look at your parents Chad.

With took the new truck on her own for the first time.   Pray for me.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2115 on: June 18, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »
Operation: Mindcrime into Rock of Ages while listening to music on shuffle. Hilarious and fitting.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2116 on: June 19, 2020, 08:15:20 AM »
RIP Ian Holm

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2117 on: June 19, 2020, 03:53:31 PM »
I had to google him, and I still have no idea who he is.

RIP, tho.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2118 on: June 19, 2020, 04:09:28 PM »

RIP, tho.

You saw Alien in 1979 correct?  He was the Android Ash.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2119 on: June 19, 2020, 04:48:03 PM »
Bilbo freakin' Baggins.

RIP

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2120 on: June 19, 2020, 04:54:38 PM »

RIP, tho.

You saw Alien in 1979 correct?  He was the Android Ash.

No, I've never seen Alien. Never had any interest. Looks stupid.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2121 on: June 19, 2020, 05:04:46 PM »
Again, I'm blown away.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2122 on: June 19, 2020, 05:08:55 PM »
Alien is an amazing movie.

Other than that and LotR I cannot recall seeing him in anything, except From Hell where he played, quite well, if you ask me, Dr. Gull.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2123 on: June 19, 2020, 05:15:24 PM »
Well, I've never watched Lord Of The Rings either.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2124 on: June 19, 2020, 05:25:53 PM »
Well, I've never watched Lord Of The Rings either.

Are you Chino? Your post count suggests you are far from a new member.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2125 on: June 19, 2020, 05:36:38 PM »
Fucking Tim. You have to be Amish. It makes sense. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2126 on: June 19, 2020, 05:40:42 PM »
Fucking Tim. You have to be Amish. It makes sense. :lol

:lol

What, no photoshop?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2127 on: June 19, 2020, 05:43:34 PM »
Oh I could. Lol

I'll assume you never saw "The Fifth Element" with Bruce Willis?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2128 on: June 19, 2020, 05:45:45 PM »
Oh I could. Lol

I'll assume you never saw "The Fifth Element" with Bruce Willis?

My wife and I netfixed for a while years ago. I'm pretty sure we checked that out. After googling it, I seem to remember it kind of sucking I think.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2129 on: June 20, 2020, 05:25:09 AM »
Tim, just so you know. Alien, Lord of the Rings, and The Fifth Element are all classics. There you go.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2130 on: June 20, 2020, 05:44:25 AM »
Yeah. I very rarely watch movies but even I watched all three of these (five I guess since LoTR is a trilogy).
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2131 on: June 20, 2020, 05:45:09 AM »
Tim, just so you know. Alien, Lord of the Rings, and The Fifth Element are all classics. There you go.

So I have no problem with Alien being regarded as a classic. I get that. I didn't realize Lord Of The Rings was a classic. I know the book is, but I didn't know the movie itself was.

But The Fifth Element is a classic?? Not buying.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2132 on: June 20, 2020, 05:46:49 AM »

So I have no problem with Alien being regarded as a classic. I get that. I didn't realize Lord Of The Rings was a classic. I know the book is, but I didn't know the movie itself was.

But The Fifth Element is a classic?? Not buying.

It's more like a cult classic ... like Blade Runner.  Personally, I wasn't terribly impressed with it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2133 on: June 20, 2020, 06:04:38 AM »
I agree Chad but the LOTR series is.

Morning chaps. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2134 on: June 20, 2020, 06:13:49 AM »
Morning chaps.

You get those too? How do you treat it?