Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 289508 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1890 on: February 28, 2020, 03:34:10 AM »
I'm tired of insomnia. I don't have the patience to stick with it, so I'm going back to bed. Fuck it.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1891 on: February 28, 2020, 11:12:07 AM »
Hey, any of you dudes attending RoSFest this year?  Looks like a decent lineup.

It but we've switched over to Progstock.  We'd rather drive than fly to a festival.
Where/when is that?

And who is playing?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1892 on: February 28, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »
It's in New Jersey.   First 2 weeks of October is normally where it's set up.  They've only announced a few bands so far,

Mile Marker Zero
IO Earth
California Guitar Trio
District 97
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1893 on: February 28, 2020, 02:16:08 PM »
My neck of the woods.  You all going to do it again this year then?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1894 on: February 28, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »
Yup. Can't wait to see MMZ again. They are great live.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1895 on: February 28, 2020, 03:32:05 PM »
Got a call from the owner of my old company. Apparently the HOA that we used to work, that I ran, has turn to complete shit since we left.

Good to know that they are reaping what they sowed over there!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1896 on: March 02, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »
It's in New Jersey.   First 2 weeks of October is normally where it's set up.  They've only announced a few bands so far,

Mile Marker Zero
IO Earth
California Guitar Trio
District 97
New Jersey is a little far away for me.  And frankly, I'm not inspired by that lineup.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1897 on: March 06, 2020, 06:14:12 PM »
Today was going so well, work was slow, I got paid PLUS I got my bonus... made some plans for the weekend with a female...

and then this happened on my way home

FML, even worse is I had to change it in mud as its been pouring all day here and there was no where else to pull over.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1898 on: March 06, 2020, 07:42:42 PM »
Damn Marc, that sucks. No AAA service?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1899 on: March 06, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »
Wow, that sucks! How does that just happen?

And what's this about a female?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1900 on: March 06, 2020, 07:51:31 PM »
Why pay for service when you can do it yourself and not wait for hours?  AAA would have likely taken an hour or two to come since the weather was shit.  Plus I don't pay for that coverage since I can just do it myself, however, in the mud made it much more interesting. 

Wow, that sucks! How does that just happen?

And what's this about a female?

I ran over some piece of random metal that I didn't see until too late since visibility was so low plus I couldn't swerve to another lane due to the traffic so I hit it with my front right tire enough to blow it out, but couldn't immediately pull over either since there was no should that part of the garden state parkway and when I finally had a spot to pull off it was all mud.

A female has a vagina and she is coming over tomorrow

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1901 on: March 06, 2020, 07:52:55 PM »

Hopefully she'll bring it with her!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1902 on: March 06, 2020, 08:25:42 PM »

Hopefully she'll bring it with her!

It's carryon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6OUYNxlYcM

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1903 on: March 08, 2020, 08:44:36 AM »
Weekend is flying by. Got my bonus this Friday and I was going to go car shopping but I was just too lazy yesterday, I'll go next weekend.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1904 on: March 09, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »
Good afternoon Krusty Krew!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1905 on: March 09, 2020, 02:39:33 PM »
Weekend is flying by. Got my bonus this Friday and I was going to go car shopping but I was just too lazy yesterday, I'll go next weekend.

What are you (planning on) getting?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1906 on: March 10, 2020, 05:47:57 AM »
Well after years of saving and putting other things as a priority (like a wedding) I'm treating myself to one of the following:

2020 - BMW m340i
2018 - 2019 Porsche 911
2018 - 2019 Porsche 718 GTS
2020 - Corvette

The big hold out is the corvette, I want it but I haven't even seen it in person let alone drove it, I don't want to pop down 5k for a deposit then wait 6 months to get a car I hate.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1907 on: March 10, 2020, 05:49:14 AM »
Well after years of saving and putting other things as a priority (like a wedding) I'm treating myself to one of the following:

2020 - BMW m340i
2018 - 2019 Porsche 911
2018 - 2019 Porsche 718 GTS
2020 - Corvette
2020 - Hellcat Charger Widebody

The big hold out is the corvette, I want it but I haven't even seen it in person let alone drove it, I don't want to pop down 5k for a deposit then wait 6 months to get a car I hate.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1908 on: March 10, 2020, 06:49:56 AM »
"One of the following" and you only list one car?   :)

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1909 on: March 10, 2020, 07:01:02 AM »
What do you mean Stads?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1910 on: March 10, 2020, 07:29:13 AM »
What do you mean Stads?

I'm a BMW guy.  For me there is only one choice on that list.   (Though I respect the Porsches, and my dad is a Corvette guy from way back so I have a soft spot for older 'Vettes). 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1911 on: March 10, 2020, 07:32:33 AM »
So I had a BMW e46 M3 and it had a million and one problems, felt like I spent every weekend tracking down a leak. The m340i is the cheapest, and most practical and realistically is what I'm going to go with as a daily driver. I feel in love with the M2 Comp after driving it at the M event but it won't bet getting the Android update in July since it's on the old version of iDrive.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1912 on: March 10, 2020, 07:34:20 AM »
After watching Jay Leno's Garage and his two videos on the 2020 Corvette, I think I'd give this a serious consideration. Probably the most performance bang for the buck of those cars you listed, and so, so sexy.

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1913 on: March 10, 2020, 07:37:38 AM »
It really is, I've never been a big corvette guy but I liked the C7 a lot and the C8 looks amazing. I just can't commit to buying one without seeing it. There was one at the cars and coffee last saturday but I missed it :/

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1914 on: March 10, 2020, 07:38:23 AM »
So I had a BMW e46 M3 and it had a million and one problems, felt like I spent every weekend tracking down a leak. The m340i is the cheapest, and most practical and realistically is what I'm going to go with as a daily driver. I feel in love with the M2 Comp after driving it at the M event but it won't bet getting the Android update in July since it's on the old version of iDrive.

Yeah, I know there are issues with certain models/cars, but I'm on my... fifth one (sixth if you count the one I bought for my step-daughter - not at ALL as creepy as it sounds like), and my step son has had three.   They're just fun, well-built cars at the end of the day.   The only one I really had trouble with was the 5-series I had in the early oughts, and that wasn't "trouble", really, it's just that I didn't want to pay for the catalytic converter replacement it was calling for.  My step sons current one - a '93 M3 - is one of the fastest cars I've ever driven. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1915 on: March 10, 2020, 07:39:52 AM »
Those 90's M3's are awesome. I really want something like that as a weekend car, I see them come up on bringatrailer from time to time. What do you drive now?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1916 on: March 10, 2020, 07:42:23 AM »
It really is, I've never been a big corvette guy but I liked the C7 a lot and the C8 looks amazing. I just can't commit to buying one without seeing it. There was one at the cars and coffee last saturday but I missed it :/

One of the benefits that Leno was banging on about was the availability of affordable, domestic, off the shelf parts. I never really thought about that before, but several years down the road, when you want or may need to repair something, that would be a nice thing.

My Mercedes E350 cabriolet is expensive as fuck to buy parts for.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1917 on: March 10, 2020, 07:48:44 AM »
Those 90's M3's are awesome. I really want something like that as a weekend car, I see them come up on bringatrailer from time to time. What do you drive now?

A 2013 535i.  It's got the M-badging and trim package, but not the performance upgrades.  I haven't sold my 2006 X3 yet, though.

That was a HUGE leap for me; the X3 I can basically still service anything myself (I did brakes just before the winter; I do all the oil changes on that myself).    The 5, not so much.  It doesn't even have a dipstick.   :o 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1918 on: March 10, 2020, 08:03:24 AM »

One of the benefits that Leno was banging on about was the availability of affordable, domestic, off the shelf parts. I never really thought about that before, but several years down the road, when you want or may need to repair something, that would be a nice thing.

My Mercedes E350 cabriolet is expensive as fuck to buy parts for.

That is a good point. I'm going to try to not own a daily driver car out of warranty. I hate wrenching on cars out of necessity.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1919 on: March 10, 2020, 08:13:28 AM »
^ I approve.  :tup

I've purchased extended warranties for this exact reason.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1920 on: March 10, 2020, 08:19:18 AM »
This is why I love my civic, thing doesn't break and I beat it to death with my daily commute.  Including last friday nights shit show with the mud and flat tire. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1921 on: March 10, 2020, 10:41:56 PM »
Hellcat!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1922 on: March 18, 2020, 08:20:31 AM »
On top of everything else, we just had a pretty decent sized earthquake this morning. Reportedly 5.7. Aftershocks are still going on right now.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1923 on: March 18, 2020, 08:22:44 AM »
On top of everything else, we just had a pretty decent sized earthquake this morning. Reportedly 5.7. Aftershocks are still going on right now.

Interesting to hear this in your area Gregg.  Any damage or just rumbling?

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1924 on: March 18, 2020, 08:25:09 AM »
DTF is very unstable right now for me.

The website. Not the userbase.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.