Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287830 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1785 on: February 13, 2020, 04:37:55 AM »
Well my boss's boss told me if I don't get something corrected my job is in jeopardy.   I didn't sleep a wink last night. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1786 on: February 13, 2020, 04:58:04 AM »
Well my boss's boss told me if I don't get something corrected my job is in jeopardy.   I didn't sleep a wink last night.

The fuck?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1787 on: February 13, 2020, 05:17:45 AM »
Yeah, no shit. Fucking hell.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, because they bust the balls of the hardest working people, while others fucking float with no repercussions..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1788 on: February 13, 2020, 06:11:15 AM »
Is this something you can correct or is even your problem Joe? Ultimatums like that are not cool.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1789 on: February 13, 2020, 06:21:38 AM »

Leadership.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1790 on: February 13, 2020, 06:53:31 AM »
I don't blame you, Joe. I've been in some shitty situations job-wise and don't wish that kind of stress on anyone. I hope it's a situation within your power to fix and that it comes easily. No one deserves that kind of unnecessary pressure and anxiety, especially not someone who very obviously cares a great deal for his work, reputation, and execution. Pulling for you.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1791 on: February 13, 2020, 07:02:06 AM »
Yeah, unless this is something that's been brought to your attention before and you've just been ignoring it letting it fester (which sounds about as far away from your style as can be), that's a pretty terrible way to go about "managing".
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1792 on: February 13, 2020, 12:20:45 PM »
It's staffing issues.  We can't sort by the quality the DC wants.  They never had complaints before but because the Security manager is doing the audits with me we are failing. Problem is the pallets are so beaten up that it's hard to give them enough good pallets back to support them.

That doesn't matter to my bosses and since my bosses boss is not involved I got that call.  We are in the business to get it fixed so that's what i have to do.  It's a daunting task when we can't staff correctly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1793 on: February 13, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »
I seriously hope your boss has your back. I know you're damn good at what you do.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1794 on: February 13, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »
That’s a shitty situation to be in. Hope you can sort things out save your job.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1795 on: February 13, 2020, 01:54:51 PM »
Nope.  I need to fix it and the next audit better be good or else I was told.  First time I've been put in this position.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1796 on: February 13, 2020, 06:32:14 PM »
It's staffing issues.  We can't sort by the quality the DC wants.  They never had complaints before but because the Security manager is doing the audits with me we are failing. Problem is the pallets are so beaten up that it's hard to give them enough good pallets back to support them.

That doesn't matter to my bosses and since my bosses boss is not involved I got that call.  We are in the business to get it fixed so that's what i have to do.  It's a daunting task when we can't staff correctly.

Joe, I feel for you, man. It always comes down to staffing and payroll.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:14:08 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1797 on: February 14, 2020, 06:53:19 AM »
Nope.  I need to fix it and the next audit better be good or else I was told.  First time I've been put in this position.

You've got this. Shitty way of handling it by management but you're more than capable.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1798 on: February 15, 2020, 06:27:15 AM »

That is so shitty, I'm sure you'll pull through this but it's a shitty thing to hear from your bosses boss.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1799 on: February 15, 2020, 02:42:51 PM »
Another awesome week, PSU bball went 2-0 again (8 game win streak, this is the best PSU basketball team I've ever seen), a new low on the scale with another great workout this morning, three day weekend, valentines day being celebrated tomorrow... oh and Queensryche with John 5 tonight at my local ballroom  :metal :metal The hype for tonight is legit when John 5 rewtweeted me as well.  Oh and since I had a BOGO deal on the ticket, my extra sold last night making my ticket cost about 10 bucks (and the other person got a slightly below face value ticket).  Fuck yea, I feel like I'm on a legit 3 week long hot streak. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1800 on: February 15, 2020, 03:48:05 PM »
That's awesome!  You prick...   :lol

No seriously...

You're a prick.   :lol :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1801 on: February 15, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »
Sorry, been loving 2020 so far  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1802 on: February 16, 2020, 04:19:24 PM »
Now THIS is how to properly use a shopping cart.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1803 on: February 16, 2020, 04:59:19 PM »
 :lol :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1804 on: February 16, 2020, 06:10:14 PM »

I just remembered about this. Wish I would've snapped before the Shopping Cart thread was locked.

https://youtu.be/zi-f_J6hV-g
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1805 on: February 16, 2020, 06:34:05 PM »
That is fucking nuts!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1806 on: February 16, 2020, 06:44:58 PM »
It is. I laughed at first then said holy shit these guys are crazy.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1807 on: February 16, 2020, 07:51:15 PM »

Well done

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1808 on: February 17, 2020, 06:43:44 AM »
Morning folks. Working 2 days this week heading to Boston tomorrow, I can't wait.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1809 on: February 17, 2020, 07:53:01 AM »
Morning folks.

First day at the new job. Wish me luck.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1810 on: February 17, 2020, 07:54:56 AM »
Good luck, Jay!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1811 on: February 17, 2020, 07:55:15 AM »
Morning folks.

First day at the new job. Wish me luck.

Goodluck!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1812 on: February 17, 2020, 07:56:34 AM »
Good luck.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1813 on: February 17, 2020, 08:01:10 AM »
Don't screw up.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1814 on: February 17, 2020, 09:58:13 AM »
Good luck Jay
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1815 on: February 17, 2020, 02:29:24 PM »
Oh boy. Hit the ground running today. It really helps that the girl training me  really knows her shit. I guess she's only been with company a year but goddamn she's good.

Also... I'm already getting harassed by the old job to bring back all of the items (car, phone, laptop) they "assigned" to me.

It's a 2 hour drive and there's also a full blown bicycle in my possession they never got from me. So they are not going to be happy when I tell them to come get it all.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 02:35:59 PM by JayOctavarium »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1816 on: February 17, 2020, 02:40:24 PM »
Also... I'm already getting harassed by the old job to bring back all of the items (car, phone, laptop) they "assigned" to me.

You take offence at this?  Why didn't you give everything back on your final day?  You quit the job so I thought it was normal practice to return your items when leaving.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1817 on: February 17, 2020, 02:47:50 PM »

You take offence at this?  Why didn't you give everything back on your final day?  You quit the job so I thought it was normal practice to return your items when leaving.

Because of a few things. I have stuff (more than one car load) that I've been trying to get back to the office from before I took this position (from the account I ran that we lost back In October). It's been at my house since Halloween.
My conversation with one of the owners, when I put my notice in, included me holding on to the car for maybe a few weeks (as they have multiple vehicles not being used at the moment) so I can fill in shifts if possible. Which I completely intended to do if they lined up with my schedule.

The last thing... It was discussed... Them driving someone up to me and picking up the car. Again it's a 2-3 hour drive and I have no way to get home after I do so.

If they said something like "when can we pick up the car?" or something like that, I would have NO issue.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1818 on: February 17, 2020, 03:00:26 PM »

Because of a few things. I have stuff (more than one car load) that I've been trying to get back to the office from before I took this position (from the account I ran that we lost back In October). It's been at my house since Halloween.
My conversation with one of the owners, when I put my notice in, included me holding on to the car for maybe a few weeks (as they have multiple vehicles not being used at the moment) so I can fill in shifts if possible. Which I completely intended to do if they lined up with my schedule.

The last thing... It was discussed... Them driving someone up to me and picking up the car. Again it's a 2-3 hour drive and I have no way to get home after I do so.

If they said something like "when can we pick up the car?" or something like that, I would have NO issue.

You've cut ties with them mate and decided to leave and start a new job.  Return the possessions and be done with it.  Move on mate.  Forget the specifics behind it, nothing will come of it except anger and bitterness.  It's not worth it, focus on your new chapter.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1819 on: February 17, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »
Good luck with the new gig, but I'm with wolfking, give the stuff back and move on.  I'm not sure why it's "getting harassed" when you have items including a car that are owned by the old company. Sounds like they have some right to harass you for their stuff back.  If you can work a way for them to come and get it, cool, but don't be annoyed when they keep harassing you until their items are returned.