Author Topic: **NO SPOILERS ALLOWED** - Setlist Predictions & Wishlist 2019  (Read 19976 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Setlist Predictions & Wishlist 2019
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »
I'd be a pretty happy camper if they do play 6 songs from the new album, any 6 songs, this album is fuckin amazing.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2019, 05:41:10 PM »
At Wit’s End MUST be played!

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2019, 09:21:26 PM »
I'm starting to get into AWE, and that and/or PBD would be amazing.  Those are the 2 off D/T that I would really love to hear live.  Granted, I love the whole album and will love whatever they play

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2019, 09:31:00 AM »
I know they said that they aren't doing this, but after hearing D/T, I wish they would just play the whole record front to back for the first set. Take a break, and then play SFAM with something cool as the encore.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2019, 11:44:55 AM »
I know they said that they aren't doing this, but after hearing D/T, I wish they would just play the whole record front to back for the first set. Take a break, and then play SFAM with something cool as the encore.

Agreed, my initial reaction from the SFAM anniversary announcement was that this would be better served in a second leg - but at the same time I don't want to dampen the anniversary concept, as there are plenty of albums that I hope get this treatment.  FII, I'm looking at you!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2019, 12:51:09 PM »
I don't want to dampen the anniversary concept, as there are plenty of albums that I hope get this treatment.  FII, I'm looking at you!

Please, no.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2019, 01:16:02 PM »
I don't want to dampen the anniversary concept, as there are plenty of albums that I hope get this treatment.  FII, I'm looking at you!

Please, no.

I'm looking forward to a tour withOUT an anniversary/full album treatment. The last five tours have had some sort of anniversary portion of the setlist.

2014 - 2nd half of Awake + Scenes encore
2015 - 30th Anniversary setlist (1 song from each album played chronologically)
2016 - The Astonishing full concert
2017 - Images & Words set
2019 - Scenes From a Memory set

I'm done with it. Just play songs from every album in random order from now on please.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2019, 01:19:18 PM »
I agree Kev.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2019, 01:52:48 PM »
And that's not really to complain. Without those sets, I probably would never had heard Space Dye Vest, Lifting Shadows, or many of the Astonishing songs. I also am looking forward to finally seeing Regression and Through Her Eyes on the upcoming tour. And they did throw some gems into the "non-anniversary" parts of the sets, like To Live Forever and The Shattered Fortress. So, I still enjoyed those concerts immensely. I just remember what it was like to go into a show completely blind and be surprised with every song they played. The last time that happened was 2012, which is quite long ago at this point. Hopefully I'll get that feeling again before the band retires :P
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline porcacultor

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2019, 03:06:57 PM »
I used to be 100% certain that Untethered Angel would be the opening song on the setlist. But the more I think of it, the more I think it could work as the opener to the encore...

... with Pale Blue Dot opening the concert proper!

It's pure guesswork, but just trying to imagine it is amazing.

Whatever the order, I'm pretty sure PBD is making the cut...

Less than a month to find out! (I promise I'll adhere to spoiler rules so as to avoid spoiling the fun for US and European concertgoers, though)

Online EPIC Outro

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2019, 07:01:57 AM »

OK, here goes!

Set 1:
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Surrender to Reason
Erotomania
Voices
The Silent Man
Fall Into The Light
The Killing Hand
A New Beginning
Pale Blue Dot

Set 2:
Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory

Encore:
The Glass Prison

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2019, 06:00:54 PM »
For those who are following Jordan’s Facebook, he made 2 videos playing parts of 2 songs off the new album, while practicing for the new tour. One is totally a safe bet here and the second, predictable, but not so sure.

FITL and PBD
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Trav86

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2019, 05:06:28 PM »
Giving it another shot. I Removed At Wit’s End based on what Bosk said...

Fall Into the Light
Surrender to Reason
Untethered Angel
S2N
Take Away My Pain
Barstool Warrior
Erotomania
Voices
Pale Blue Dot
———————
Scenes From a Memory
———————
Octavarium
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Online geeeemo

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2019, 11:23:40 PM »
I don’t know how they can make a song like Wit’s End and not play it!
 :'( ???

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2019, 12:06:55 AM »
Somebody said that PBD would be a good concert opener. No freakin way,  I would think the band would want to warm up with many songs before tackling that technical beast! I would think PBD would make a great final encore after the Scenes set.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline illusionist

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2019, 06:38:38 AM »
Well,my personal tracklist wishlist ..

SET 1
Paralyzed
The Great Debate
Barstool Warrior
Never Enough
Panic Attack
S2N
Surrender to Reason
Dystopian Overture
2285 Entr'acte
The Gift of Music
The Looking Glass
This Dying Soul
Stream of Consciousness
Pale Blue Dot
Beneath the Surface

SET 2
SFAM

ENCORE
Viper King

That'd be very coooool!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:48:07 AM by illusionist »

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2019, 07:00:54 AM »
Somebody said that PBD would be a good concert opener. No freakin way,  I would think the band would want to warm up with many songs before tackling that technical beast! I would think PBD would make a great final encore after the Scenes set.

I'm starting to think that could be quite likely.

SFAM is, by album, 77 minutes long. Add the pauses (even though there won't be many), some different endings like Through Her Eyes and Finally Free, and you reach at the very least 85 minutes, 90 if they add a solo spot somewhere like it happened before Through Her Eyes back then. After such a long album performing as encore a bigass epic like Octavarium or a complex, relentless piece like The Glass Prison would be tiring for the band. Pale Blue Dot could work well as a single song encore.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2019, 07:02:31 AM »
Or just plain Pull me under.  ;D

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2019, 07:05:20 AM »

Well, in the economy of the set, it works well on paper to follow up one of their most acclaimed albums with their defining classic song as encore. But, given how many times we heard the song and the recent Images and Words tour, how about no  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online EPIC Outro

« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2019, 08:04:49 AM »

Well, in the economy of the set, it works well on paper to follow up one of their most acclaimed albums with their defining classic song as encore. But, given how many times we heard the song and the recent Images and Words tour, how about no  ;D

Despite the popularity and importance of Pull Me Under, I will always believe Dream Theater's "defining classic song" is Metropolis Part 1.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2019, 09:06:14 AM »
Metropolis, Pt. 1 would make the most sense, considering they’re playing all of Meteopolis, Pt. 2.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2019, 09:43:15 AM »
Metropolis, Pt. 1 would make the most sense, considering they’re playing all of Meteopolis, Pt. 2.

As someone suggested earlier, they should start the (second) set with Metropolis pt. 1 and then going straight into Overture 1928, like it happened some times in tour and since anyway they wrote Overture 1928's beginning with the end of Metropolis in mind, obviously on purpouse. Ok, you'd skip Regression but I bet hardly anyone would complain.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2019, 10:15:02 AM »
I would say Pull Me Under is the defining song of their career (let's face it, most of us probably wouldn't be on this forum talking about them right now if that song wasn't a hit for a quick second), but Metropolis Part 1 is their defining song to their fans.

I wouldn't mind them playing Metropolis Part 1 as the closer of the first set leading into SFAM, but that's honestly probably the only context I'd like to see them play anything off of I&W after giving it the anniversary tour treatment last round.

I don't think Pale Blue Dot will be in the encore because both the ambient intro makes it work as the first song for an encore set and the rest of the song works as a proper last song, but I don't think they'll do that short of an encore and I think it doesn't work as well as part of a pair of songs for an encore.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2019, 10:53:45 AM »
If Untethered Angel Paralyzed Fall into The Light Barstool Warrior Room 137 S2N At Wits End Out of Reach Pale Blue Dot and Viper King  aren’t played I will be bummed... :metal..Seriously tho...PBD BSW AWE S2N must be played and my wish would be Illumination Theory as Encore after SFAM

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2019, 01:01:04 PM »

As someone suggested earlier, they should start the (second) set with Metropolis pt. 1 and then going straight into Overture 1928, like it happened some times in tour and since anyway they wrote Overture 1928's beginning with the end of Metropolis in mind, obviously on purpouse. Ok, you'd skip Regression but I bet hardly anyone would complain.

I would!  :D
WELP.

Online geeeemo

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »
There isn’t a lot of extra room for “other” songs after SFaM and however many D/T songs they play. So I would like songs they haven’t played recently. No PMU, Met1, AIA. 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2019, 03:37:08 PM »
I hope there’s no IAW songs or AIA. They’ve been played A LOT in the last few years. TSCO too, but they’re playing SFAM in full, so...
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2019, 11:06:21 PM »
I agree. No I&W songs and no As I Am or Breaking All Illusions. Need rest for those

Offline Mark Levinson Jr.

« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2019, 11:44:09 PM »

That would be epic. The crowd would go wild!

Offline JoeMLennon

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2019, 08:27:19 AM »
Here is my new wishlist set

False Awakening Suite
Fall into the Light
Barstool Warrior
Peruvian Skies
I Walk Beside You
Erotomania
S2N
Solitary Shell
At Wits End

Set 2
SFAM

Encore
Pale Blue Dot
In The Name of God

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
I didn't check the time of the first set, but I think it's around the right lenght

Set 1:

Intro: False Awakening Suite

Fall into the Light
Untethered Angel
Blind Faith
Three Days
Room 137
S2N
Take Away my Pain
At Wit's End
Stream Of Consciousness
Pale Blue Dot

Set 2:
SFAM

Encore:
The Glass Prison

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2019, 01:02:52 PM »
I agree. No I&W songs and no As I Am or Breaking All Illusions. Need rest for those

Yup.  Next time Pull Me Under is played, it should be the original demo version featuring the Erotomania instrumental section in the middle.  Mix it up a little.

Offline TheFrozenInferno

« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2019, 02:49:23 PM »
S2N is a lock in my opinion, it's just built to be a live song. The pauses scream 'drum solo goes here' and the keyboard solo near the end screams Zen Riffer. I think they'll play it and they'll rock the hell out of it.

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2019, 03:25:09 PM »
S2N is a lock in my opinion, it's just built to be a live song. The pauses scream 'drum solo goes here' and the keyboard solo near the end screams Zen Riffer. I think they'll play it and they'll rock the hell out of it.

And everybody screaming the "Wow" part!

Offline mariner

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2019, 05:30:55 AM »
Set 1

Untethered Angel
Panic Attack
Paralyzed
Fall Into the Light
6:00
Caught in a Web
Barstool Warrior