Author Topic: **NO SPOILERS ALLOWED** - Setlist Predictions & Wishlist 2019  (Read 19947 times)

Offline DTA

Re: Setlist Predictions & Wishlist 2019
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2019, 05:54:25 AM »
With their song times somewhat close, any chance they alternate Paralyzed/Room 137 and Barstool Warrior/S2N from show to show?

I'm honestly feeling like this is sort of a D/T Tour Part 1 where they're just going to do a few songs from the album and then do the real big D/T Tour Part 2 later this year or early 2020. I doubt they're going to explore a huge portion of the album on this run in order to save it for next time to get the most mileage out of it. SFAM is the main event for this upcoming run.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 09:40:16 AM »
With their song times somewhat close, any chance they alternate Paralyzed/Room 137 and Barstool Warrior/S2N from show to show?

I'm honestly feeling like this is sort of a D/T Tour Part 1 where they're just going to do a few songs from the album and then do the real big D/T Tour Part 2 later this year or early 2020. I doubt they're going to explore a huge portion of the album on this run in order to save it for next time to get the most mileage out of it. SFAM is the main event for this upcoming run.

So you think we’re just gonna get the singles on this run?

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 09:46:34 AM »
First set:

Four songs from the new album. I would prefer they be Paralyzed, Barstool Warrior, At Wit's End, and Pale Blue Dot.

I'd also like a few from Awake (25 years old this year) - 6:00, The Mirror, Lie

The Great Debate

Stream of Consciousness, In the Name of God

And one song each from ADTOE and self-titled

That's 13 tunes, which may be too much, given length. But that's what I'd LIKE to hear.

Second set:

I'd like them to START with Metropolis, and then fully end with the performance of Scenes. Just makes the most sense to me that way.

Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline adamack

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 10:25:51 AM »
First set:

Four songs from the new album. I would prefer they be Paralyzed, Barstool Warrior, At Wit's End, and Pale Blue Dot.

I'd also like a few from Awake (25 years old this year) - 6:00, The Mirror, Lie

The Great Debate

Stream of Consciousness, In the Name of God

And one song each from ADTOE and self-titled

That's 13 tunes, which may be too much, given length. But that's what I'd LIKE to hear.

Second set:

I'd like them to START with Metropolis, and then fully end with the performance of Scenes. Just makes the most sense to me that way.

This would be awesome! If the song from ADTOE was Breaking All Illusions or Bridges In The Sky, and the song from DT12 was Surrender To Reason, this is right up my alley.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2019, 11:23:31 AM »
They're not coming up to the Pacific Northwest again on this tour so I guess it doesn't matter. If they do a second leg which seems unlikely,  I would like to see them focus on the new album more than anything.  I would be ok with it if they ditched the Scenes in it's entirety set and just played a mix of songs throughout their career. 
  The encore would be Octavarium followed by Viper King.. Leave on a fun note.  :metal

You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2019, 11:26:36 AM »
They're not coming up to the Pacific Northwest again on this tour so I guess it doesn't matter. If they do a second leg which seems unlikely,  I would like to see them focus on the new album more than anything.  I would be ok with it if they ditched the Scenes in it's entirety set and just played a mix of songs throughout their career. 
  The encore would be Octavarium followed by Viper King.. Leave on a fun note.  :metal

Talk about the ultimate insult to Octavarium  :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
Not intended to be an insult on 8vm.  :lol
 An amazing epic than close the show with something light hearted.  Rush did that alot at the and of their concerts.  Example, La-Villa Strangiato leading to " in the mood"..  :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »
Didn't they just do an Awake anniversary on the DT12 tour?  I listened to the JP interview again from Eddie Trunk, and he never mentioned playing anything from Awake. 

TBH, I almost hope they'd just skip anything catalog on the 1st set - just play the new stuff. 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2019, 06:57:04 PM »
Didn't they just do an Awake anniversary on the DT12 tour?  I listened to the JP interview again from Eddie Trunk, and he never mentioned playing anything from Awake. 

TBH, I almost hope they'd just skip anything catalog on the 1st set - just play the new stuff.

Well, they never said they're celebrating Awake or anything, James said they're giving a nod to it, which I interpret as 1 or 2 songs, no more than that.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2019, 08:17:07 PM »
I hope not more than one song, preferably Voices or Space-Dye Vest.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2019, 08:27:23 PM »
Hopefully they'll do a 2nd leg that has no anniversary ties and has an anything goes setlist. Imagine the possibilities and excitement when we won't know whats gonna be played.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Devin Townsend

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2019, 02:15:09 AM »
Hopefully they throw in some curveballs for the set  :tup :tup

1. Pale Blue Dot
2. Barstool Warrior
3. Caught In A Web
4. War Inside My Head/The Test That Stumped Them All
5. Lines In The Sand
6. Short Mirror/Lie Medley
7. Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
8. Honor Thy Father
9. S2N
10. At Wits End

[Intermission]

Set Two:
SFAM in full (as promised)

Encore: Metropolis part 1

------------------------------------

But when it comes to later in the tour when they're done popping the cork for the SFAM anniversary, I'd like them to play some stuff they haven't for a while, like:

The Killing Hand
Under A Glass Moon
Eve
Voices
Speak to me

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:25:48 AM by Devin Townsend »

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2019, 05:24:22 AM »
Hopefully they'll do a 2nd leg that has no anniversary ties and has an anything goes setlist. Imagine the possibilities and excitement when we won't know whats gonna be played.
This!  :tup
 Hopefully they make a stop in Seattle/Vancouver/Portland.

Offline DTA

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2019, 06:03:08 AM »

So you think we’re just gonna get the singles on this run?

I think we'll get the 3 singles plus another song. With only 10 songs on the album, they have to get 2-3 years of mileage out of this and JP is pretty savvy when it comes to setlist-creation so I'm guessing that we'll get a few on this run and then a few others on a later leg in order to maximize the life of the album. But I could be completely wrong.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2019, 06:06:50 AM »
Fall Into the Light
Just Let Me Breathe
S2N
Erotomania
Voices
Untethered Angel
At Wit’s End
The Ones Who Help to Set The Sun
Pale Blue Dot
——————————-
SFAM
———————————
In The Name of God
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Online Mladen

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2019, 06:45:40 AM »
I've been trying to contribute to this thread for days and just cannot figure out how they could cover such an enormous discography within one set and hardly an encore. Good luck to the guys in pulling it off, honestly.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2019, 06:54:50 AM »
I've decided that for this first upcoming leg, they probably won't hit too much "pre-Mangini" stuff in the first set, since the second will be SFAM. So this is what I've come up with:

Pale Blue Dot
The Enemy Inside
Untethered Angel
Outcry
Fall Into the Light
Chosen
Erotomania
Surrender To Reason
---------------------------
Scenes From a Memory
---------------------------
The Glass Prison (or Octavarium)
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Scottjf8

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2019, 07:22:30 AM »
I'd like them to play some stuff they haven't for a while, like:

Under A Glass Moon

They literally played this last tour :)

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2019, 11:12:07 AM »

Not so much a setlist prediction... But what are the chances Dream Theater does an incredible multimedia production for Scenes, like they did for The Astonishing?

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2019, 11:24:25 AM »

Not so much a setlist prediction... But what are the chances Dream Theater does an incredible multimedia production for Scenes, like they did for The Astonishing?

Wouldn’t go so far as to say multi media, but JP just revealed in the new Trunk interview that they’ll have brand new animated visuals to accompany the story.

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2019, 11:43:46 AM »

Awesome. I saw Scenes in its entirety at my very first DT concert years ago. Can't wait to see it again!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2019, 01:46:00 PM »
I've been looping the hell out of D/T since the release so I decided to listen to something else today so I won't burn out. Decided to revisit Luna Park & HH13 since it's been a while. Now ADTOE is my favorite tour of their career, the visuals, the intro, the set lists, etc. were just top notch to my liking, but I've had a few problems with Luna Park that I'm concerned about for the D/T tour as well since I'm seeing them on the last dates.
Here's the thing, JLB is the only frontman I know who's performance of new songs gets worse later in the tour as a opposed to better, not his voice, but the way he performs the lyrics. The tweaks to the vocals melodies of new songs. For example his performance of Bridges was stellar for the first leg of the ADTOE tour when I saw them, now I listen to Luna Park and I don't like the tweaks he made to the vocal melody of the chorus at all. He also talks over one of my favorite instrumental sections of Breaking All Illusions :lol
Small potatoes though.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2019, 09:15:18 PM »
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed (A) / Fall Into the Light (B)
Surrender to Reason
Barstool Warrior (A) / At Wit's End (B)
Wither
6:00
Caught in a New Millennium
Pale Blue Dot
----
Scenes From a Memory
----
Glass Prison

Online The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2019, 03:12:00 AM »
After the last couple of tours I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a first set comprised mainly of MM-era material. Something tells me Out of Reach is a contender for the tour, for similar reasons that Along for the Ride made it to the DT12 setlist. A reasonable guess would be:

The Glass Prison
Untethered Angel
Paralysed
Moment of Betrayal (TA has to be represented)
On The Backs of Angels (Again - yawn!)
Fall Into the Light
Out of Reach
The Killing Hand (I can but hope)
------
SFAM
------
Pale Blue Dot
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2019, 07:38:47 AM »
Not to derail, but it's hard not to imagine what a set list could have looked like if they weren't playing all of Scenes...

Set 1:

Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Peruvian Skies
Through My Words/Fatal Tragedy
Fall into the Light
Voices
Out of Reach
At Wit's End
Our New World

Set 2:

Bridges in the Sky
Bartsool Warrior
Room 137
Goodnight Kiss
Solitary Shell
S2N
Pale Blue Dot
In the Name of God

Encore:

Octavarium

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2019, 08:05:14 AM »
Not to derail, but it's hard not to imagine what a set list could have looked like if they weren't playing all of Scenes...

Set 1:

Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Peruvian Skies
Fall into the Light
Voices
Out of Reach
At Wit's End
Our New World

Set 2:

Bridges in the Sky
Bartsool Warrior
Room 137
Goodnight Kiss
Solitary Shell
S2N
Pale Blue Dot
In the Name of God

Encore:

Octavarium

That’s a fantastic setlist. I’d be there in a heartbeat

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2019, 08:57:39 AM »

Set 1:

Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Peruvian Skies
Fall into the Light
Voices
Out of Reach
At Wit's End
Our New World

Set 2:

Bridges in the Sky
Bartsool Warrior
Room 137
Goodnight Kiss
Solitary Shell
S2N
Pale Blue Dot
In the Name of God

Encore:

Octavarium

I wanna play!

Set 1:
In the Presence of Enemies - Part 1
The Enemy Inside
Paralyzed
Wither
Fall Into the Light
Outcry
Out of Reach
Our New World

Set 2:
Untethered Angel
S2N
Chosen
Surrender to Reason
Stream of Consciousness
New Millennium
Only A Matter of Time
Sacrificed Sons

Encore:
Octavarium

...something like that
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »
I think we'll probably get about 6 songs from the new album.  I still stand by what I said earlier in the other thread:  I think Fall Into the Light will be the show opener, and that we will get all three promo singles.  The other three songs I think we will get are:  Pale Blue Dot (either as set closer or, more likely, one of the encore spots), Barstool Warrior, and Room 137. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2019, 10:17:19 AM »
I think we'll probably get about 6 songs from the new album.  I still stand by what I said earlier in the other thread:  I think Fall Into the Light will be the show opener, and that we will get all three promo singles.  The other three songs I think we will get are:  Pale Blue Dot (either as set closer or, more likely, one of the encore spots), Barstool Warrior, and Room 137.

I don't think they'd leave AWE out of the set, literally everyone who's heard the album loves the song, but you might have inside knowledge we don't, so... :justjen
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2019, 10:24:49 AM »
I'm just going off of public things the band has said about each of the songs during the release cycle, and how they seem to feel about them.  I wouldn't post a "prediction" if I had inside knowledge about what they will play.  I have purposely avoided knowledge of the upcoming set list, and I plan to keep it that way.  :)  (other than the fact that JP told me about the SFAM set long before that was made public)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2019, 12:27:47 PM »
(False Awakening Suite)
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Surrender to Reason
Fall into the Light
Another Day
Constant Motion
At Wit’s End
Caught in a Web
Out of Reach
Pale Blue Dot
Metropolis

Regression
Overture 1928
Strange Deja Vu
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Beyond This Life
Through Her Eyes
Home
The Dance of Eternity
One Last Tims
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free

Octavarium
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »
I'll bet on this setlist:

Set One:
1. Unthered Angel
2. Paralyzed
3. Fall Into the Light
4. Surrender to Reason
5. Caught in a Web
6. Erotomania
7. Voices
8. S2N
9. At Wit's End
10. Pale Blue Dot

Set Two: Scenes (Finally Free as encore)
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2019, 01:26:07 PM »
I could never leave a DT show disappointed.

But, I will really be missing AWE if they don't play it this time.   :'(

Offline CrimsonE

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2019, 01:45:24 PM »
I hope not more than one song, preferably Voices or Space-Dye Vest.

I'm hoping for Space-Dye Vest since I could use a nap during such a long show  :laugh:
In the heart of your most solemn barren night
When your souls turn inside out
Have you questioned all the madness you invite?
What your life is all about

Offline porcacultor

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2019, 01:50:00 PM »

Jordan better set that vocoder up! (Room 137 being a possibility makes me so happy)