Author Topic: **NO SPOILERS ALLOWED** - Setlist Predictions & Wishlist 2019  (Read 19978 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Setlist Predictions & Wishlist 2019
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2019, 09:35:26 AM »
I've gone on record as saying which songs from d/t I think we'll get, and the fact that Fall Into the Light will likely be the opener.  Beyond that, let's see...  I think it'll be a 2-song encore, with one song from the new album (probably PBD).  I think we'll get Voices and Lie from Awake.  Beyond that, I don't know. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2019, 10:10:15 AM »
I think we'll get Voices and Lie from Awake.

:tdwn :tdwn :tdwn

Really hope you're wrong.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2019, 10:50:45 AM »

Agreed. Lie needs to be shelved. So many better songs on Awake (I count nine more).
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »

Erotomania + Voices would be a better option.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2019, 11:09:42 AM »

Erotomania + Voices would be a better option.

I wouldn't say "better" because I prefer a complete song rather than an instrumental.  And if we were going to get a second instrumental in the set list (we know we are getting TDOE), I would prefer a better one.  But that said, even though I would prefer something else, I wouldn't mind Erotomania at all.  And it might make sense to have a second instrumental in the set to give James a bit more rest.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2019, 11:22:40 AM »

We just got Lie two tours ago! Why two songs from Awake?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowe2005

« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »
I've gone on record as saying which songs from d/t I think we'll get, and the fact that Fall Into the Light will likely be the opener.  Beyond that, let's see...  I think it'll be a 2-song encore, with one song from the new album (probably PBD).  I think we'll get Voices and Lie from Awake.  Beyond that, I don't know.
I can see PBD being a good encore opener, they can use the intro snippets as a tape. No idea on the final song though.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2019, 12:00:21 PM »

Pale Blue Dot into Octavarium. It sounds so good back to back and would be an amazing encore.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2019, 12:04:13 PM »

Pale Blue Dot into Octavarium. It sounds so good back to back and would be an amazing encore.

They'd need to resurrect most of the fans after an encore like that :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2019, 12:36:10 PM »
If they play a second instrumental, I would hope for SoC, and then Erotomania would be my second hope. With that being said, I really also hope to see Erotomania into Voices. Fuck it... 3 instrumentals.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »
Scenes has two instrumentals - Overture 1928 and The Dance of Eternity.  Technically. ;)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2019, 01:42:24 PM »
Scenes has two instrumentals - Overture 1928 and The Dance of Eternity.  Technically. ;)

Shhhhh
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2019, 01:47:00 PM »
Yeah, very true.  I wasn't thinking about that one, but you're right. 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2019, 04:27:44 PM »
So, the tour starts tomorrow. Are we safe to post all the setlist spoilers here or should we create a new thread for that?

Offline Trav86

« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2019, 04:37:18 PM »
I have to wait a month, but the spoilers don’t bother me that much. I like knowing the set list before hand. I’m thinking we’ll get Voices and maybe Erotomania.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2019, 04:43:25 PM »
Since this thread is specifically about the set list, I think people should assume that there will be spoilers.  Unless you all prefer that this thread be kept spoiler free, in which case I can change the title to reflect that.  In fact, I think I'll just do that because I'm sure people will prefer that. 

EDIT:  Okay, I created a new thread, changed the title of this one, and added this to the initial post:
EDIT by bosk1:  **PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD SPOILER FREE!**  This thread is for predictions, speculation, and other spoiler-free discussion.  If you want to discuss actual set list or tour spoilers, go here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=53619.0
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:49:28 PM by bosk1 »

Offline JoeMLennon

Re: **NO SPOILERS ALLOWED** - Setlist Predictions & Wishlist 2019
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2019, 05:52:01 PM »
I want me some Count of Tuscany of In the Name of God as the encore

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2019, 09:31:31 AM »
Does the NO SPOILERS include the special set they are playing? :lol

Also, Bosk, in all seriousness is it possible to request a Temp Ban from the DT side until after Friday?  :rollin

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline FOXAN03

« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2019, 11:00:37 AM »
Act. 1

Fall into the Light
Panic Attack
Blind Faith
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Surrender to Reason
Pale Blue Dot
At Wits End

Act. 2
SFAM

Encore:
Octavarium

Who knows but one can hope :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2019, 11:02:18 AM »
So if there is NO encore after SFAM... that would make it 2 tours I've seen them where they finished with Finally Free :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cygnusx1jg

« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2019, 11:29:24 AM »
I think it would be cool if the last song of the first set was Metropolis Part 1, and after James sings "love is the dance of eternity" and the normal instrumental ending that John strums the ending of Cygnus X-1 and they put up on the video screen "TO BE CONTINUED ...."!

Yeah, I know.
Hope is what remains to be seen. Now we must tend our garden.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2019, 12:32:12 PM »
Act. 1

Fall into the Light
Panic Attack
Blind Faith
Untethered Angel
Paralyzed
Surrender to Reason
Pale Blue Dot
At Wits End

Act. 2
SFAM

Encore:
Octavarium

Who knows but one can hope :)

Man that'd be a nightmare scenario for me hehe, shows how variable DT fans are.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline mariner

« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2019, 04:57:36 PM »
OK, my updated and final prediction for the setlist:

Untethered Angel
Panic Attack
Paralyzed
Fall Into the Light
Surrender to Reason
Barstool Warrior
6:00
Caught in a Web
Pale Blue Dot

SFAM

The Glass Prison

1st Show Day!  To all who attend - have fun!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2019, 05:10:26 PM »
^I like that prediction.  :tup

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2019, 05:32:47 PM »

Untethered Angel
Panic Attack
Paralyzed
Fall Into the Light
Surrender to Reason
Barstool Warrior
Caught in a Web
Pale Blue Dot

SFAM

The Glass Prison

This is probably the most realistic setlist on this thread. Can easily see them doing this.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2019, 05:35:06 PM »
Add in Room 137 to the first set, and put PBD at the end of the encore, and I think that is a VERY realistic guess.

Offline bill1971

« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2019, 05:42:35 PM »
Damn! Money and traffic concerns are making it doubtful for Friday's show but I am very excited to see. If they play the entire D/T that would be amazing!! Would love to hear Voices come back.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »
I think that would be an awesome set. It would be better if they played Awake tunes that haven’t been played during this era. Innocence Faded, Erotomania, Voices.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2019, 06:01:07 PM »
I think that would be an awesome set. It would be better if they played Awake tunes that haven’t been played during this era. Innocence Faded, Erotomania, Voices.

I wouldn't want to hear Erotomania. It's my least favorite of all their instrumentals. And to be honest, I don't know if James would want to do Innocence Faded, those high notes in the second verse are a killer, and I have a feeling he'd sing them lower, so it wouldn't be as cool as the performance on Score.
Voices, though, I'd love to see, even if he does sing some parts lower, like he did on Live Scenes From New York.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline mariner

« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »
^I like that prediction.  :tup

Thanks, bosk!  May not post here but long-time lurker and appreciate all that you do for the site!

Offline mariner

« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2019, 06:19:57 PM »

Untethered Angel
Panic Attack
Paralyzed
Fall Into the Light
Surrender to Reason
Barstool Warrior
Caught in a Web
Pale Blue Dot

SFAM

The Glass Prison

This is probably the most realistic setlist on this thread. Can easily see them doing this.

Hope so - would be an awesome show!

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2019, 06:30:53 PM »
Oh man, if they played 6:00 as one of the Awake tracks in the first set I would be so happy.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2019, 07:44:57 PM »
I would love that setlist, mariner  :tup

Can't wait to see them next month...

Offline lovethedrake

« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2019, 08:31:51 PM »
No At Wit's End????!!!!!   That would be extremely sad to me.

Easily my favorite on D/T... I hope that setlist is not accurate for that reason.

Why would they play Surrender to Reason and not AWE?

At least we get all of SFAM no matter what happens.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »
Why would they play Surrender to Reason and not AWE?
For the sake of variety. They don’t wanna see play TOO much of the new album, gotta save some for later. Pale Blue Dot seems likely based off of hints by the band, and I don’t think they’d spoil us by playing both of the epics from D/T. Plus, StR has been wanted by the fan base for a while now.