Author Topic: New Pensive Song (w/emotional shred?) [JP15-7, JP2C, DSL20HR]  (Read 1816 times)

Offline ddtonfire

New Pensive Song (w/emotional shred?) [JP15-7, JP2C, DSL20HR]
« on: February 18, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »
This was done on an EBMM JP15-7 through a Marshall DSL20HR for rhythm and JP2C for leads, both into a Mesa 2x12. Bass was an Ibanez SR505 and acoustics were a Taylor 314ce. Recorded through a Presonus Firestudio into Logic.

One day I'll put some vocals on it. I'd love to hear any feedback about composition/performance/recording/production/mix/mastering. Hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/perfect-second/what-we-let-ourselves-become

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: New Pensive Song (w/emotional shred?) [JP15-7, JP2C, DSL20HR]
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 08:01:26 AM »
Everything sounds pretty good and tight. I like this! is pretty good. I honestly don't think you need vocals (unless you already wrote them). I think this works great as an instrumental piece.

In terms of feedback: Me personally, I don't like how the drum sounds. Not saying it's bad, just my personal taste. I would have done a something different leading up to the shred part, maybe explore the neck a little more. But again, that just my personal taste, it still sounds pretty awesome.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 11:28:01 AM »
Thank you! I'm curious, how do you like your drums to sound? That is an awesome idea to change it up a bit before it all changes, thank you for that!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 10:46:00 AM »
Very nice!  I love how the whole song slowly builds up to the epic solo at the end. That is some great guitar work man!
 I think the song would be great with vocals. There's plenty of room for verses after the intro. Just make sure you have a good singer, that song deserves nothing less.  Awesome stuff!  :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cosmicwxdude

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 08:11:59 AM »
Nice song. Good work here.