Author Topic: Box Set Delayed  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Air Weaver

Box Set Delayed
« on: February 12, 2019, 11:48:08 AM »
Got my email today that the box set release sate is now March 1. Allegedly it will go in the mail Feb 27. I was worroes about this. I ordered it so I could get pieces signed at a meet and greet in April. Fingers crossed.

Also I suppose this means I need to buy another copy if I don't want to wait a week longer to finally hear it.

Offline Fritzinger

Re: Box Set Delayed
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »
I was hoping this kind of ******** would stop once they switched to insideout.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Pound4aBrown

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 12:20:28 PM »
They should send out a DL code for those that bought this edition.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »
I have seen this happen with pre-orders more times than I can count, regardless of band and regardless of label.  It is such a high percentage of the time that I stopped pre-ordering new releases years ago.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »

Nah. Some of the other I/O releases have been delayed as well before.

Online faizoff

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 06:52:01 AM »
I was looking at my pre-orders page on Amazon for the Blu-ray boxset and it's listed as unavailable and furthermore is tagged as an import. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be canceled. I don't mind it getting delayed but I really don't want to lose that order.

I looked at the century media links on DT's site and they list both box sets as sold out. I really really hope Amazon is able to fulfill the order regardless of the delay. I can get a jewel case copy and don't mind double dipping.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 08:07:33 AM »
It's most likely just a logistical issue - InsideOut being based in europe, everything being printed and shipped overseas, customs clearance, shipping out to vendors, etc. I would not worry.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 10:43:23 AM »
If the box set contains vinyl (I don't know if it does, I didn't look), that's likely why. Vinyl production has finally increased, but for a time, there were only a few places worldwide to cut vinyl, so it was all backed up, leading to delays. Big box sets can be a pain in the ass too.

I wouldn't lose hope. A slight delay shouldn't be too bad. I think it'll get to you within a month.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 11:54:46 AM »
For those interested in the Artbook, LaserCD has a few more in stock

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/distance-over-time-artbook-preorder

Just ordered mine through there.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 12:29:44 PM »

Based on how insideout have been with other albums since signing to sony, no it's no surprise really that something would cock up.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 04:10:34 PM »
I was looking at my pre-orders page on Amazon for the Blu-ray boxset and it's listed as unavailable and furthermore is tagged as an import. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be canceled. I don't mind it getting delayed but I really don't want to lose that order.

I looked at the century media links on DT's site and they list both box sets as sold out. I really really hope Amazon is able to fulfill the order regardless of the delay.

Same boat here. If it's delayed, so be it. I'm just afraid my order will be canceled.

Online faizoff

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 07:04:51 PM »
For those interested in the Artbook, LaserCD has a few more in stock

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/distance-over-time-artbook-preorder

Just ordered mine through there.
I'm in two minds to cancel from amazon and get it there.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 10:09:52 PM »
Order it from LaserCD. They do have an allocated quantity. They sold out of it two weeks ago and they will probably sell out once the new allocation is met.

Online faizoff

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 06:42:06 AM »
Got my email today that the box set release sate is now March 1. Allegedly it will go in the mail Feb 27. I was worroes about this. I ordered it so I could get pieces signed at a meet and greet in April. Fingers crossed.

Also I suppose this means I need to buy another copy if I don't want to wait a week longer to finally hear it.
Out of curiosity where did you order it from?

Order it from LaserCD. They do have an allocated quantity. They sold out of it two weeks ago and they will probably sell out once the new allocation is met.
Decisions decisions! I just might do it even with my preorder with Amazon being about $15 cheaper.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 07:51:43 AM »
@Faizoff

I also have an order with ImportCDs. Not sure if they will actually fulfill it. It's still on their website. Comes up to $47 with shipping within the US.

https://www.importcds.com/distance-over-time/190759172926

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 08:27:51 AM »
Note the "media mail" shipping on lasercd. If you're worried about arrival time, that might not be a good way to go.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »
In case anyone in Europe is worried about this thread, there doesn't appear to be any indication that we're affected.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 06:10:22 AM »
Got my notice that it shipped!

Hoping I see it by Monday

Online faizoff

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 07:54:57 AM »
I'm going to assume you ordered from Century Media and not Amazon, I read others have gotten shipping notices as well.

Offline savaytse66

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »
I received my artbook set yesterday.  I am not up to speed on the different releases, but what I got is a 12" x 12" harbound book, and two CDs, a DVD, and a Bluray are snapped into the front cover.  Quite nice, and it is much more than I was expecting.  I was expecting a Digipack sized package with the 4 discs.  I am in the US and originally order through Amazing.  I was confused that it hadn't shipped as of release day, so I cancelled, but ended up re-ordering.  It came from Amazon EU, shipped DHL.

I am only just now listening to the 5.1 track, ripped from the Bluray and converted to multi-channel FLAC.  On my very modest computer setup, the mix sounds different; more discrete.  But I want to reserve any judgement, good or bad, until I have a chance to listen to the hi-res stereo mix on my headphones, then the 5.1 mix on the home surround setup.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2019, 11:46:18 AM »
Received my boxed set from Laser's Edge on Wednesday.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 09:33:51 AM »

I looked at the century media links on DT's site and they list both box sets as sold out. I really really hope Amazon is able to fulfill the order regardless of the delay. I can get a jewel case copy and don't mind double dipping.

Exactly what happened to me. I didn't mind holding out before it actually came out, but now that it is out I'm kind of miffed I have to wait long. I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but I didn't figure on the 2 week delay because I wasn't ordering vinyl.

I'm not buying another copy of this. I do that enough as it is.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2019, 12:31:30 PM »
Meant to post in here the other day, but Amazon finally updated my box set pre-order as arriving by march 6th, so I'm hoping it'll ship on Monday and get to my door on Wednesday.

Also, when I last looked, they had the box set as back-ordered and arriving on March 15th, on their product page, so it's possible they may get more, and they still had the $119.99 price, so you COULD order it and see if they'll honor that price (if it still stands), and hope you get a box set when they (possibly) restock in a couple weeks.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »
Boxset is so pretty
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 10:18:31 PM »
AHH! So I woke up this morning to find that my box set had shipped and it should arrive TOMORROW (March 5th), a day earlier than I originally expected. Sure, it's 11 days after release, but I'm sure it'll be totally worth the wait. Dream Theater has been the only band I've consistently bought the box sets for ever since I've started collecting music - BC&SL, ADTOE, DT12, and TA - so I am happy to be able to add the d/t box set to that collection! I'm sure the pictures of it do not do it justice, and hopefully there are no quality control issues with it like there were with the TA box set (which I recall had some tears in the sleeves for the vinyls, as my set had those rips and I was kind of bummed out about it, but never bothered to get replacements).

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online faizoff

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2019, 06:57:05 AM »
I see today the artbook edition is back in stock on Amazon and marked as March 15th release date. Another 10 days wait I can handle.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 07:48:21 AM »
I see today the artbook edition is back in stock on Amazon and marked as March 15th release date. Another 10 days wait I can handle.

I got the artbook yesterday from LaserCD...They might be shipping it earlier.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2019, 08:31:57 AM »
Well I ordered a simple CD in the jewel case from Amazon to send to my sister-in-law, who I am working on turning into a DT person. I wanted her to listen before the concert I am taking her to. Now That has been delayed?? A simple CD?? :huh:

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2019, 09:34:36 AM »
They could have charted higher if they got this shit in order. Sad for us but also sad for the band.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 09:53:08 AM »
They could have charted higher if they got this shit in order. Sad for us but also sad for the band.

How did they charted?

NOTE: nevermind, they ranked 24 in Billboard 200

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 11:01:54 AM »

How did they charted?

NOTE: nevermind, they ranked 24 in Billboard 200

Yes but #5 in overall physical sales.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 11:55:05 AM »

I got the artbook yesterday from LaserCD...They might be shipping it earlier.

Lucky for you my friend... just got off the phone with LaserCD and they said 3-15 shipping date.  Gentleman told me that he was actually on the phone with a label rep about it when I called (take that with a grain of salt).  He was very nice but seemed like he was a bit stressed.

I have the Itunes version and I'm playing the hell out of it so I'm good-to-go... just want to see the artbook set!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 01:34:17 PM »
If you preordered it, a delay would have zero impact on chart position.

Online faizoff

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »
Well I ordered a simple CD in the jewel case from Amazon to send to my sister-in-law, who I am working on turning into a DT person. I wanted her to listen before the concert I am taking her to. Now That has been delayed?? A simple CD?? :huh:
I ordered the jewel case CD from Amazon and got it a few days after release.

I got an email from Amazon officially listing the shipping date for the artbook as March 15 and that I am to receive it that day.

I believe lasercd got hold of a few artbook copies early and shipped those out. The rest are still being shipped on the 15th.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
If you preordered it, a delay would have zero impact on chart position.

I know theres a difference between items actually sold and items shipped but I've had neither yet so I cant see how it wouldn't negatively impact sales