Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 123944 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Mr. Big Chest on the trade block
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2019, 01:34:49 PM »

You see what Harrison said on one of those Fox shows?  He wanted to hate Tom but Tom won him over with his leadership and hard work.

Yep.  Plus, Kraft promised Harrison the hook-up at his favorite massage parlor.  Happy Endings for Everybody!! :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2019, 01:38:16 PM »
I think Harrison had his own pad he could go to and shot guns as well.  Yeah, I know, a double entendre. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »
We (Texans) need to add O-Line. Watson was sacked 60+ times last year. Some of that was his fault. A bad O-Line will get you 40+ Sacks. Not throwing the ball away when you're supposed to will get you a lot of sacks. A special combination of both gets you 60+.

I long for the days of 2010-2012 when we had the best O-line unit in the league and we propelled Arian Foster to superstardom.

We finally have a QB, and we need to protect him.

A Secondary would also be nice, since Jonathan Joseph is very old, and Kareem Jackson is our only other good corner.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on all points, and it's nice to no longer be the lone Texans fan on the forum. :)

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2019, 02:47:16 PM »
Love it, couldn’t happen to a better organization.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2019, 07:34:56 AM »
I can see the NFL coming out with a punishment quite harsh on something like this.  Probably 4-8 games where the networks are not allowed to show him while in his suite.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2019, 07:37:01 AM »
 :lol

It will be like Isray.  6 games he can't associate with the team and a hefty fine.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »
Oh my I wish I had the time to re-post all the hilarious memes I’m seeing about this :rollin. The ones involving Brady especially.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2019, 12:40:18 PM »
Like this one:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2019, 12:44:58 PM »

It will be like Isray.  6 games he can't associate with the team and a hefty fine.
That seems like the sensible approach. Don't have much faith in the league acting sensibly, though.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2019, 12:54:36 PM »
Like this one:

I'd take a table shower with a Happy Ending from ..er..that!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2019, 04:31:11 PM »

That seems like the sensible approach. Don't have much faith in the league acting sensibly, though.

Oh, I agree with you.  I don't trust the owners.  It's like watching a reality show.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »
Rumor is, Kraft is NOT the "most recognizable name" caught up in that sting, either. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2019, 07:49:12 PM »
Movie star maybe.

Awe hell, TMZ already knows.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2019, 08:42:11 PM »
Rumor is, Kraft is NOT the "most recognizable name" caught up in that sting, either.

I saw that the ex- president and COO of Citigroup was caught as well. Wtf is it with these uber rich guys slumming in a 70 buck rub and tug?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2019, 08:43:19 PM »
IDK, dinner cost close to that and I'm looking for a tug. :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2019, 09:03:00 PM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2019, 12:23:05 PM »
Huh; if I heard this press conference about Kraft correctly, one of the times he was in the spa getting "paid services", it was the morning of the AFC Championship game.  Seems unlikely, no?  Not impossible, but unlikely.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2019, 12:34:20 PM »
Huh; if I heard this press conference about Kraft correctly, one of the times he was in the spa getting "paid services", it was the morning of the AFC Championship game.  Seems unlikely, no?  Not impossible, but unlikely.

I heard something similar to this, didn't say that morning but in very close timing to the Chiefs game.  And he also made it to the Oscars party over the weekend, so he clearly can get around quickly.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »
Get around.

No kidding. :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2019, 01:52:07 PM »
He left the AMP at 11:14. He could have been in KC 4 hours later, but with two hours gained from going back in time. He was likely in his suite by 1400 feeling quite relaxed and ready for a scotch.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2019, 02:24:54 PM »
Right.  Valve release.   A little stress disappears with a tug.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2019, 02:31:52 PM »
What was more relief, the pre game tug or that his team won the game?  :lol

As funny as it all is for us plebs to laugh at a billionaire getting busted for something so ridiculous, the reality is I dont understand why a rub and tug is illegal.  Might help solve some of that human trafficking if people didn't need to be trafficked to do those jobs.  Might be a convo for P&R side.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
As funny as it all is for us plebs to laugh at a billionaire getting busted for something so ridiculous, the reality is I dont understand why a rub and tug is illegal.  Might help solve some of that human trafficking if people didn't need to be trafficked to do those jobs.  Might be a convo for P&R side.
I've long maintained that HMOs should be providing that service (blowjobs, actually), which would save them tons of money in the long run. Stress kills.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2019, 02:47:06 PM »
How many less murders would happen it thr other trigger was pulled.   Lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2019, 03:08:44 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the notion of the NFL taking disciplinary action against Kraft -- much less the team -- is beyond silly?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2019, 03:17:29 PM »
Why is it silly?  The rule book applies to ownership as well.  I guess if you think the rules shouldn't apply to them, then maybe thats something worthy of debate, but as of now, it seems like it's perfectly in line with how the NFL does things to give him a suspension or fine which in itself is silly, but at least they have a standard with it from suspending Irsay a few years ago.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2019, 03:18:24 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the notion of the NFL taking disciplinary action against Kraft -- much less the team -- is beyond silly?
The punishment will be against Kraft and not the team.* The league has generally come down on owners for acting a fool and Bob should be no different. The Colts' drunken owner was a recent example. They'll fine him and have him stay away from games for a few weeks. As for whether or not they should, there should definitely be a code of conduct precluding conduct detrimental to the league. This would qualify. At the same time the NFL's conduct for the last 10 years also qualifies, so I'd say probably not.

*That's how it is supposed to work. The reality is that there's no rhyme or reason to anything the league does anymore. They could ban him for six games, they could ignore the whole thing, or they could suspend Brian Hoyer for four games. Who knows anymore.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »
The funny thing is the penalty will be Goodell gauging the outrage of the other owners.

I bet they won't complain too much since they all have skeletons in their closets as well. 

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2019, 03:41:03 PM »
I bet they won't complain too much since they all have skeletons in their closets as well.

I'm not certain of that. Do a lot of them have skeletons? Certainly. But I doubt that it's league-wide.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2019, 03:42:34 PM »
Kraft has nothing to do with running the team, so any suspension will mean nothing, and fining him x-number of dollars will be liking fining one of us 10 dollars, so this will be a big nothing, other than the embarrassment he may or may not feel.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2019, 03:46:23 PM »

I'm not certain of that. Do a lot of them have skeletons? Certainly. But I doubt that it's league-wide.

Don't be so naive.   I'm not saying every one.  Power men think differently than we do.

Kraft has nothing to do with running the team, so any suspension will mean nothing, and fining him x-number of dollars will be liking fining one of us 10 dollars, so this will be a big nothing, other than the embarrassment he may or may not feel.

Yup.  Slap on the wrist. Half mil and 6 to 8 games.  Which is nothing to them. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2019, 03:54:56 PM »
I am looking forward to see the fun team names next year referring to this in Fantasy Ball.

The Rubs and Tugs

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2019, 03:57:36 PM »
 :biggrin:

My phone is loaded with so many memes.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2019, 07:15:03 PM »
As hysterical as this whole scenario has been, I still can't come close to wrapping my head around a billionaire getting a handy at a massage parlor. It's just not computing. Is this the billionaire equivolent of slumming or something?