Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 124992 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Opening Week!
« Reply #630 on: September 07, 2019, 10:08:25 AM »
Antonio Brown has been released. I hope nobody signs him. He’s a diva, a crybaby, and a cancer to the locker room.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #631 on: September 07, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »
 :rollin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #632 on: September 07, 2019, 10:16:44 AM »
So basically, he got cut and made $0 with the Raiders.  :lol :lol :lol

I'll bet Drew Rosenhaus is ready to drop this idiot ASAP.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #633 on: September 07, 2019, 10:44:33 AM »
So basically, he got cut and made $0 with the Raiders.  :lol :lol :lol

I'll bet Drew Rosenhaus is ready to drop this idiot ASAP.
First thing I thought.

Barring any grievances he now owes Oakland money for his brief tenure there.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #634 on: September 07, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »
In two consecutive seasons the Steelers have traded a problem WR to the Raiders for draft picks, and neither player is currently on the team. In return the Steelers used those picks to choose a potential long term replacement for Ben, a potential long term replacement for AB and a project TE that hopefully has a ton of upside in the future. The Raiders are either the dumbest MFer's on the planet, or the Steelers have the greatest con-men in the history of the league working in their front office...
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #635 on: September 07, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »
In two consecutive seasons the Steelers have traded a problem WR to the Raiders for draft picks, and neither player is currently on the team. In return the Steelers used those picks to choose a potential long term replacement for Ben, a potential long term replacement for AB and a project TE that hopefully has a ton of upside in the future. The Raiders are either the dumbest MFer's on the planet, or the Steelers have the greatest con-men in the history of the league working in their front office...

47 years after the Immaculate Reception, the Steelers still continue to find new ways to get one over on the Raiders.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #636 on: September 07, 2019, 12:45:51 PM »
As a Bears fan and also a Steelers fan, I have to also thank the Raiders for Khalil Mack. Dude is a beast!
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #637 on: September 07, 2019, 01:10:26 PM »
As much as the internet is salivating at the idea I can't see AB in NE right now. He'll have to burn one more team, I think. Bill is obviously happy to sign troublemakers who have hit rock bottom and have no more options. AB isn't there yet. Danny or Jerry will offer him a on of money and he'll be able to go right on being the diva he is for the time being. Why would he go somewhere that won't tolerate his nonsense right now when he knows he doesn't have to? If he further flames out this year Bill will throw him a line next year and he'll go 100/1500/20 with TB.

Also, while threatening your GM while hurling racial epithets was probably enough, I can't help but think that demanding to be released on Instagram has to blow a massive hole in your grievance complaint. Not sure how you can really make the case they cheated you of money when you asked them to cut you loose.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #638 on: September 07, 2019, 03:09:31 PM »
Welp, that didn’t take long...

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #640 on: September 07, 2019, 04:43:04 PM »
I have no wifi for 6 hours and they sign this a-hole?  Great. Shape up or GTFO.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PetFish

« Reply #641 on: September 07, 2019, 04:58:52 PM »
I said this to my wife that the Patriots would sign him by the end of the day.  Boom.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #642 on: September 07, 2019, 04:59:04 PM »
I have no wifi for 6 hours and they sign this a-hole?  Great. Shape up or GTFO.

He will lead the league in TDs now.

I’m not convinced this isnt Belichek wanting to prove once again how good a coach he is. Almost a way to show up Gruden
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: September 07, 2019, 06:06:29 PM »
I’m not convinced this isnt Belichek wanting to prove once again how good a coach he is. Almost a way to show up Gruden

There is no way a man with 6 SB rings (5 more than the coach wants to "show up" can be that insecure (I hope?)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #644 on: September 07, 2019, 06:15:20 PM »
Right. It's a coach that knows talent,  value for 1 year and won't put up with shit.

I'm still not happy. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #645 on: September 07, 2019, 07:06:56 PM »
As much as the internet is salivating at the idea I can't see AB in NE right now. He'll have to burn one more team, I think. Bill is obviously happy to sign troublemakers who have hit rock bottom and have no more options. AB isn't there yet. Danny or Jerry will offer him a on of money and he'll be able to go right on being the diva he is for the time being. Why would he go somewhere that won't tolerate his nonsense right now when he knows he doesn't have to? If he further flames out this year Bill will throw him a line next year and he'll go 100/1500/20 with TB.
Yep. Shows what I know.

On the bright side, imagine if it actually works out.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #646 on: September 07, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »
Brady and Belichick are probably the only QB/Coach in the league to command enough respect to keep Brown in line. But he's going to have to get in line and quick. He had better be prepared for Belichick's program.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. A. Brown orchestrates his way to the Patriots
« Reply #647 on: September 07, 2019, 07:24:13 PM »
I'll be curious to see if the league does anything.  They suspend guys for anything, but are they are going to let a player who threatened his boss with physical violence and threw a racial slur at him, get away with it?  The world is watching. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #648 on: September 07, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »
I believe Goodell just licked his finger and stuck it in the air.

He'll get back to you in a few days.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #649 on: September 07, 2019, 07:33:58 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect him to do anything, and it shows what a joke the NFL is.  Guys get hammered with suspensions for smoking a little pot, but a guy who threatens one of his bosses and illegally records a phone call with another, gets rewarded and the league will do nothing.  If nothing else, this whole thing should show the dopes still crying about Kaepernick that NFL teams will put up with anything as long as you are good enough on the field.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #650 on: September 07, 2019, 07:38:39 PM »
He should've been suspended for calling Maylock a cracker.

The signing is sickening. If he gets in line and plays well, Pat's fans will reap the rewards, but this fan will be holding his nose the entire time.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: September 07, 2019, 07:43:41 PM »
The NFL is probably with the current program enough to believe only white people can be racist.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #652 on: September 07, 2019, 07:45:33 PM »
The NFL is probably with the current program enough to believe only white people can be racist.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: September 07, 2019, 08:04:51 PM »
He should've been suspended for calling Maylock a cracker.

The signing is sickening. If he gets in line and plays well, Pat's fans will reap the rewards, but this fan will be holding his nose the entire time.

Agree. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #654 on: September 07, 2019, 09:03:05 PM »
This whole thing with Antonio Brown reminds me of that one episode of Seinfeld where George is trying to do all he can to get fired from the Yankees so that he can get a better position with the Mets.  If only Antonio Brown's attempts to ditch the Raiders were as funny.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: September 07, 2019, 09:05:19 PM »
This whole thing with Antonio Brown reminds me of that one episode of Seinfeld where George is trying to do all he can to get fired from the Yankees so that he can get a position with the Mets.  If only Antonio Brown's attempts to ditch the Raiders were as funny.

I'm laughing doubly.   It feels so true.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #656 on: September 07, 2019, 09:15:22 PM »
Ok, in all fairness, I found his reaction, when he got released, funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-gwWVYmW7Y

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: September 07, 2019, 10:08:37 PM »
If there is no longer an NFL in 20 years, it won't be because of CTE, players kneeling, or missed PI calls. It will because enough fans are fed up with assholes like this. Athletes like him are almost enough for me to give up on sports altogether. I'll still participate in the Pick 'Em and run the Survivor because I like the sport, but how people continue to be passionate about any industry comprised of filth like this is beyond me.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #658 on: September 07, 2019, 10:36:13 PM »
If there is no longer an NFL in 20 years, it won't be because of CTE, players kneeling, or missed PI calls. It will because enough fans are fed up with assholes like this. Athletes like him are almost enough for me to give up on sports altogether. I'll still participate in the Pick 'Em and run the Survivor because I like the sport, but how people continue to be passionate about any industry comprised of filth like this is beyond me.

Agreed.  This is a really bad look for the NFL, the way this all went down.  They should thank their lucky stars for fantasy football and gambling.  Remove either or both from the equation and the popularity of the NFL would plummet.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #659 on: September 08, 2019, 06:24:20 AM »
Yup, the NFL continues to morph into WWE. Funny ESPN mentioned likely tampering but neglected to mention its illegal.  :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #661 on: September 08, 2019, 10:04:31 AM »
I guess I just recognize that the NFL is full of scumbgs and assholes. Every team's got some and why should NE be any different? I don't have to like somebody to admire the work that they do. The NFL is not where I look for role models and heroes. If he works out, great. If he doesn't Bill will send him on his way, presumably less an amount of money that they were willing to part with.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #662 on: September 08, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »
Just realized that New England plays Pittsburgh tonight. I fully expect Brown to have a monster game against his former team.

-MirrorMask

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #663 on: September 08, 2019, 12:46:22 PM »
Just realized that New England plays Pittsburgh tonight. I fully expect Brown to have a monster game against his former team.

Will be very hard for him to do that from the bench, but maybe BB can come up with a way.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #664 on: September 08, 2019, 12:56:13 PM »
I don't think he's even allowed to be with the team. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Kraft's suite as a guest, though.
E.F. Benson