Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 124996 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Training Camp!
« Reply #490 on: August 09, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we hear undrafted rookie Jakobi Meyers's name called more than first round pick N'Keal Harry's this year.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline romdrums

« Reply #491 on: August 09, 2019, 08:26:53 AM »
I haven't been able to say this since I was a kid, but I'm really looking forward to watching the Browns this year. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #492 on: August 09, 2019, 08:28:27 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we hear undrafted rookie Jakobi Meyers's name called more than first round pick N'Keal Harry's this year.

Knowing Belichick, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear from undrafted rookie Jakobi Meyers was cut next week.  :lol

Seriously he looked good. All of the young receivers looked good.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #493 on: August 09, 2019, 08:54:38 AM »

Knowing Belichick, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear from undrafted rookie Jakobi Meyers was cut next week.  :lol

Seriously he looked good. All of the young receivers looked good.
Well, of course you maybe right. At the same time JM has looked great all through camp, thus far, and he's got a good rapport with Brady. Also, he was a quarterback before he was a receiver, and that makes him pretty much a textbook Belichick guy. Harry's got the high upside, but this kid looks like he's going to be a workhorse.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #494 on: August 09, 2019, 09:26:44 AM »
The Jets starting offense looked good in their lone drive last night, even without Bell. The near interception was a bit concerning, which was just as much a bad throw and and bad decision by Darnold as it was a good read and unfinished play by the DB. The offense recovered though and made quick work of the defense after. A promising start to the season so far.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pg1067

« Reply #495 on: August 09, 2019, 09:46:22 AM »
Watching the Pats game tonight, and they just announced that Don Banks passed away.

Sorry...who?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #496 on: August 09, 2019, 10:18:31 AM »
Don Banks.  Australian composer of concert, jazz and commercial (soundtrack) music.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Banks

Duh.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #497 on: August 09, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »
Don Banks.  Australian composer of concert, jazz and commercial (soundtrack) music.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Banks

Duh.

Well...yeah...that's who came up when I googled, but seeing as how he died nearly 40 years ago....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #498 on: August 09, 2019, 10:30:46 AM »

Duh.

Well...yeah...that's who came up when I googled, but seeing as how he died nearly 40 years ago....

:tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Antonio Brown unhinged from helmet to toe
« Reply #499 on: August 09, 2019, 06:25:38 PM »
I am pretty sure Steelers fans everywhere are having a good laugh right now at the expense of the Raiders and Antonio Brown. 

As are fans of 30 of the other 31 teams not named the Pittsburgh Steelers... :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #500 on: August 09, 2019, 06:40:42 PM »
He is bat shit crazy.  Got his way his whole life and acts like it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #501 on: August 09, 2019, 06:48:57 PM »
He is to WR's in the 10's what Terrell Owens was in the 00's: an awesome WR whose diva personality often overshadows his on-the-field greatness.

And he really make you appreciate studs like Julio Jones and DeAndre Hopkins who exhibit zero diva traits.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #502 on: August 09, 2019, 06:50:24 PM »
I am pretty sure Steelers fans everywhere are having a good laugh right now at the expense of the Raiders and Antonio Brown. 

As are fans of 30 of the other 31 teams not named the Pittsburgh Steelers... :lol :lol :lol :lol
I don't get it. Shouldn't the Steelers fans be laughing hardest of all?
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #503 on: August 09, 2019, 06:52:00 PM »
Meaning we all had a chance to sign him but passed for obvious reasons I'm guessing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #504 on: August 09, 2019, 06:53:09 PM »
The Raiders are already a laughingstock, and this just makes them a bigger one. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #505 on: August 09, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »
Puts Ben in a different light right now.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #506 on: August 09, 2019, 09:27:06 PM »
Puts Ben in a different light right now.

I like Ben, but he's kind of an asshole. Not as much as the media likes to point out, but he deserves some of the blame.

As far as the deal with AB goes, it saddens me more than anything. When a person has that much talent I always pull for them to achieve greatness on a personal level. Of course, I wasn't really looking forward to him setting the world on fire in a Raiders uniform, but the level that he's dropped to since week 17 of last season is difficult to watch.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: August 09, 2019, 11:10:05 PM »
I was thinking him calling out teammates out in the open last year.  I'm assuming that the likes of AB was out of control behind the scenes.

K know Ben's history.   It just changes the perception from last year.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #508 on: August 10, 2019, 12:27:47 AM »
I was thinking him calling out teammates out in the open last year.  I'm assuming that the likes of AB was out of control behind the scenes.

K know Ben's history.   It just changes the perception from last year.

Oh, I have no doubt that AB was out of control. I think that the Steelers were one of a very few organizations that could contain him to an extent. It would have done him good had he ended up in Boston. Bill would have knocked him down several pegs. Instead, he ended up with Gruden and as much as I think that he has a good football mind (X's and O's), that organization just looks like an excuse for poor behaviour to me.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #509 on: August 10, 2019, 06:06:12 AM »
Brown never would have lasted in NE.  Heck, Randy Moss only lasted a little over 3 seasons there.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #510 on: August 10, 2019, 04:18:34 PM »
Bill never would have considered Brown. Moss had hit rock bottom. He knew that he was getting his final chance and that he was one dumb move from the end of his career. A few years later that's exactly what happened. It wasn't a even a week before he started to become a distraction and he was shipped off. Brown hasn't learned his lesson yet. When he bottoms out a good coach will give him a shot. Until then he's radioactive.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #511 on: August 10, 2019, 05:02:16 PM »
Exactly.   Cheap money for a mid round pick.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #512 on: August 11, 2019, 08:31:18 PM »
I haven't been able to say this since I was a kid, but I'm really looking forward to watching the Browns this year.

It's weird, isn't it?  I just hope that if they play well and start to have success they don't get full of themselves and it'll start from the QB.  He's gotta keep himself in-check first or it'll unravel.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #513 on: August 12, 2019, 08:08:01 AM »

It's weird, isn't it?  I just hope that if they play well and start to have success they don't get full of themselves and it'll start from the QB.  He's gotta keep himself in-check first or it'll unravel.

I don’t think Baker will be a problem. Supposedly he’s already like a coach in the locker room and I remember last year after a loss, he said something along the lines of him having to play better instead of blaming others. He seems to have a good head on his shoulder as well as a high football IQ. As long as he stays healthy and management continues to build around him, Baker could really be something special for Cleveland.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pg1067

« Reply #514 on: August 12, 2019, 11:34:44 AM »
The Raiders are already a laughingstock, and this just makes them a bigger one.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #515 on: August 12, 2019, 11:54:41 AM »

I don’t think Baker will be a problem. Supposedly he’s already like a coach in the locker room and I remember last year after a loss, he said something along the lines of him having to play better instead of blaming others. He seems to have a good head on his shoulder as well as a high football IQ. As long as he stays healthy and management continues to build around him, Baker could really be something special for Cleveland.

Mayfield has impressed me so far in the pros, although he needs to get over some of the criticism by Colin Cowherd (who is clearly in Baker's head).  How he handles having a mega-diva like Odell Beckham will be interesting.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #516 on: August 13, 2019, 02:46:39 PM »
Every off season I forget just how boring preseason is.  It's like I'm expecting it to all of a sudden not be boring and yet it always is. :lolpalm:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #517 on: August 13, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »
The games themselves are boring, but just knowing the real games are only weeks away is what's exciting.  :metal :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #518 on: August 14, 2019, 06:59:10 AM »
Every off season I forget just how boring preseason is.  It's like I'm expecting it to all of a sudden not be boring and yet it always is. :lolpalm:

Boom.  Exactly how I feel.    "Yay, FOOTBALL!!  :tup"... "Eh, give it another four weeks.... :tdwn"

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #519 on: August 14, 2019, 08:05:52 AM »
 :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Over/Under on Josh Gordon's next suspension: Week 3
« Reply #520 on: August 17, 2019, 07:10:33 AM »
Josh Gordon is back...until his next suspension. :lol :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #521 on: August 21, 2019, 02:24:26 PM »
Josh Gordon is back...until his next suspension. :lol :lol

$10 million talent with a 10 cent head.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #522 on: August 21, 2019, 04:14:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm playing the wait and see game there.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #523 on: August 22, 2019, 08:23:53 AM »
I'm kind of torn on Gordon. As a Pats fan I'm glad he's back. He makes them a better team. At the same time the dude really does have a problem. Part of me thinks the best thing would have been to hold off reinstating him simply to give him something to continue working towards. That might well be the best thing for him. At the same time he can't keep aspiring into his 50s, so at some point you they to lay off. I suppose it comes down to the Patriots having a mechanism in place to keep him squared away and hope for the best.

And I've been as guilty of calling the dude a dipshit as everybody else, but after the last suspension I changed my mind. The dude does have a problem but it's not stupidity.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #524 on: August 22, 2019, 11:09:15 AM »
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/08/22/patrick-chung-new-england-patriots-news-meredith-new-hampshire-cocaine-arrest/

What the fuck kind of state doesn't differentiate between different types and different quantities of drugs? Any amount of any schedule I-IV controlled substance is a 2nd degree felony. That makes a single .25 Xanax the same as a freakin kilo of heroin. WTF?
E.F. Benson