Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 124834 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world
« Reply #2730 on: February 16, 2020, 07:34:47 PM »
Okay, but it feels like Mahomes is already being put in an unfair box by some. I have already seen the "let me know when Mahomes wins six Super Bowls" comment online in more than one place, which is an unfair standard.  What he has done so far in two years as a starter is unreal, yet it's not enough for some people.  It's crazy.  Yes, there have been plenty of quarterbacks who have had great short runs and fizzled out, but NONE of those guys have ever had a 2-year stretch like Mahomes just had.  Unless he gets derailed by an injury, I don't see any way he isn't a top QB in the NFL for a long time.

I agree.  What he's done in his 1st 2 years starting has been amazing.   I do look that the team is stacked. How does the GM keep this rolling. 

It's not on the QB in my eyes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2731 on: February 16, 2020, 07:40:07 PM »
Then - even if you disagree (which is fine) - you at least understand where I'm coming from.  Let's see him come from behind in all four playoff games without having Watkins and Hill to outrun the secondary (and the local police), or Kelce to Gronk his way into the end zone...  This is not to say that he can't do it, but let's just see if he can adjust his game, as the truly greats through history have typically done.  Peyton found a way to win without Harrison/Wayne/James, and he's one of the greats.  We can judge him from there.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2732 on: February 16, 2020, 07:45:13 PM »
I get he has a lot to be put in that category but he is off to a great start. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2733 on: February 16, 2020, 11:11:07 PM »
Let's see him come from behind in all four playoff games without having Watkins and Hill to outrun the secondary (and the local police), or Kelce to Gronk his way into the end zone...

And now Stads is seemingly trying to find a way to cheapen three consecutive double-digit postseason comebacks while, oddly enough, giving PM credit for a fourth comeback that didn't happen. I am going to get my popcorn.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2734 on: February 17, 2020, 08:02:47 AM »
Let's see him come from behind in all four playoff games without having Watkins and Hill to outrun the secondary (and the local police), or Kelce to Gronk his way into the end zone...

And now Stads is seemingly trying to find a way to cheapen three consecutive double-digit postseason comebacks while, oddly enough, giving PM credit for a fourth comeback that didn't happen. I am going to get my popcorn.

That's exactly it. You're in my head, you know what I'm thinking.

I'm done.   I said my piece:  good player, don't like the histrionics, want to see if he can sustain it before I annoint him god.  Simple as that.  Everything else is on you.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2735 on: February 20, 2020, 03:58:01 PM »
We probably should use the new thread now.

EDIT:  I just moved today's discussion on the new playoff format to the new thread as well, so carry on there.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."