Author Topic: 2019 NFL Thread v. Chiefs are Champs, Missouri rules the sports world  (Read 123934 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2019 NFL Thread v. Mr. Big Chest on the trade block
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2019, 07:15:48 PM »
In a mini mall.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2019, 07:16:29 PM »
No wonder they call it a strip mall.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2019, 08:27:58 AM »
I understand El Barto's point (and agree with it 100%; stupid is as stupid does) but I think there might be more to it than that.   I imagine there's a degree of excitement to the whole arrangement, a degree of danger, but also it depends on what he's into.  Without getting too deep into it (and risking a #BLM moment) there may be some element to the arrangement that is part of the "relief" factor.  I've never done it, but I can see the allure, for sure.   

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2019, 08:42:20 AM »
He stopped in for a [very] quick blowjob, probably on the way to the airport. He probably just didn't think it was that big a deal, and while he certainly understood the legality of it, he likely wasn't figuring on the tendency towards public shaming that Florida is so keen on. He most likely figured he'd pay a ticket and get on his way, which is exactly what will happen anyway. They just put you on a few websites of "daily degenerates" first.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »
Sorry to be lascivious here, but do we know it was head and not a handjob?   I was always told that you went in, you laid down on your stomach with a towel around your waist, like a "regular" massage, and if it was one of "those" places, if you rolled over with money tucked into the front of the towel, the massage would no longer respect the boundaries of the towel (if you get my drift).   

(For the record, I've never done this not for moral reasons, but because I can't figure out the mechanics of it.  I'd be afraid of not having the right amount of $$ and/or getting the "what is THAT for?" rejection. Seriously.  Though I'd be bothered by the morals of a woman doing it out of force or coercion.) 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2019, 10:36:33 AM »
Why is it silly?  The rule book applies to ownership as well.  I guess if you think the rules shouldn't apply to them, then maybe thats something worthy of debate, but as of now, it seems like it's perfectly in line with how the NFL does things to give him a suspension or fine which in itself is silly, but at least they have a standard with it from suspending Irsay a few years ago.

For starters, I have no idea what "rule book" you're talking about or exactly what any rule might say.  The only "rule book" I'm aware of is this one -- https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2018-nfl-rulebook/ -- and I assume that's not what you're talking about.

You "guess thing the rules should apply to them"?  Do I think that ownership and labor should be subject to different rules.  Yes, I do.  Absolutely.

All that being said, and while I'm sure there are rules that are applicable to owners (none of which I've ever read), whether Kraft's action(s) violate some rule and whether it's silly for the NFL to punish an owner for something like this are completely different issues, and my comment was only about the latter.

The punishment will be against Kraft and not the team.* The league has generally come down on owners for acting a fool and Bob should be no different. The Colts' drunken owner was a recent example. They'll fine him and have him stay away from games for a few weeks. As for whether or not they should, there should definitely be a code of conduct precluding conduct detrimental to the league. This would qualify. At the same time the NFL's conduct for the last 10 years also qualifies, so I'd say probably not.

*That's how it is supposed to work. The reality is that there's no rhyme or reason to anything the league does anymore. They could ban him for six games, they could ignore the whole thing, or they could suspend Brian Hoyer for four games. Who knows anymore.

I've heard stuff about the Patriots possibly losing one or more draft picks.  Maybe that was just some radio guy speaking out his ass.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2019, 10:46:44 AM »
Sorry to be lascivious here, but do we know it was head and not a handjob?   I was always told that you went in, you laid down on your stomach with a towel around your waist, like a "regular" massage, and if it was one of "those" places, if you rolled over with money tucked into the front of the towel, the massage would no longer respect the boundaries of the towel (if you get my drift).   

(For the record, I've never done this not for moral reasons, but because I can't figure out the mechanics of it.  I'd be afraid of not having the right amount of $$ and/or getting the "what is THAT for?" rejection. Seriously.  Though I'd be bothered by the morals of a woman doing it out of force or coercion.)
The police report was quite specific, as they tend to be. He rolled up in his Bentley at 1059, got straight down to business where "XXXXX appeared to perform oral sex on the suspect," got cleaned up/dressed, gave her a c-note and at least one other unidentifiable bill, and was back in the Bentley by 1113.

Also, his second visit was the day before. He wasn't a regular there, but presumably somebody who was just in town for the weekend.

And while I have no first hand experience, my understanding is that there's nothing so codified. That's actually why your concerns are valid. You pay the nice girl a large tip up front, and hopefully she's DTF. Some guys have left with nothing but a massage, and plenty of others get the works and then some. Etiquette is that you don't really discus these things going in. I'd imagine that being a regular customer goes a long way in that regard.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2019, 10:49:43 AM »
The punishment will be against Kraft and not the team.* The league has generally come down on owners for acting a fool and Bob should be no different. The Colts' drunken owner was a recent example. They'll fine him and have him stay away from games for a few weeks. As for whether or not they should, there should definitely be a code of conduct precluding conduct detrimental to the league. This would qualify. At the same time the NFL's conduct for the last 10 years also qualifies, so I'd say probably not.

*That's how it is supposed to work. The reality is that there's no rhyme or reason to anything the league does anymore. They could ban him for six games, they could ignore the whole thing, or they could suspend Brian Hoyer for four games. Who knows anymore.

I've heard stuff about the Patriots possibly losing one or more draft picks.  Maybe that was just some radio guy speaking out his ass.
Owner discipline for things unrelated to the game has never moved to the team level before. That would be unprecedented. But as I keep saying, the NFL makes this up as it goes, and that never reflects well on NE.

Does anybody remember when Dallas got dinged after video of Jerry Jones gallivanting around with strippers and the league's director of officiating came out? Yeah, me neither.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2019, 11:06:20 AM »

The police report was quite specific, as they tend to be. He rolled up in his Bentley at 1059, got straight down to business where "XXXXX appeared to perform oral sex on the suspect," got cleaned up/dressed, gave her a c-note and at least one other unidentifiable bill, and was back in the Bentley by 1113.

Also, his second visit was the day before. He wasn't a regular there, but presumably somebody who was just in town for the weekend.

And while I have no first hand experience, my understanding is that there's nothing so codified. That's actually why your concerns are valid. You pay the nice girl a large tip up front, and hopefully she's DTF. Some guys have left with nothing but a massage, and plenty of others get the works and then some. Etiquette is that you don't really discus these things going in. I'd imagine that being a regular customer goes a long way in that regard.

I'm actually not joking one bit, but it would bother me FAR more to drop a c-note for a vanilla massage and feel ripped off than it would to get the works from a place like that.   It's just how I'm wired (as long as both parties are consenting). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2019, 03:04:16 PM »
Did he wear a condom for the blowie?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2019, 03:10:47 PM »
Johnny would have, but did not, mention it in his report.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2019, 03:16:35 PM »
If he wasn't wearing I'd say that could mean he was a regular, not that its proof or anything but Im pretty sure prostitutes would make you wear a condom even for a bj.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2019, 03:48:25 PM »
If he wasn't wearing I'd say that could mean he was a regular, not that its proof or anything but Im pretty sure prostitutes would make you wear a condom even for a bj.
Some would. Plenty wouldn't. But in this case I'd guess that having a chauffeur drop you off in a Bentley get's you next level treatment.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2019, 03:51:00 PM »
Some would. Plenty wouldn't. But in this case I'd guess that having a chauffeur drop you off in a Bentley get's you next level treatment.

How do they know that?  Every rub and tug place I've seen you can't see through the windows.  Granted none of this means anything really just interesting to talk about because now everyone is intrigued by rub and tugs.  There's one very close to my house, well I believe it to be one since it's open super late, never looks like anyone is there, and has the windows blocked so you can't see inside.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2019, 03:57:09 PM »

How do they know that?  Every rub and tug place I've seen you can't see through the windows.  Granted none of this means anything really just interesting to talk about because now everyone is intrigued by rub and tugs.  There's one very close to my house, well I believe it to be one since it's open super late, never looks like anyone is there, and has the windows blocked so you can't see inside.
I guarantee you that they have 8 cameras monitoring the FOH and parking lot. Necessity of doing business.

There were plenty in my work neighborhood, but they all closed down a few years back and became restaurants. We try not to think about it.  :lol  Now the only ones left that I know of are all in Koreatown. Quite a selling point, actually.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2019, 03:59:05 PM »
It really is an after thought, I drive past this one so often but only now am I actually thinking about what is going on there. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2019, 07:44:38 PM »
It really is an after thought, I drive past this one so often but only now am I actually thinking about what is going on there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »
 :lol

Offline TexansDT

« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2019, 10:17:52 AM »
We (Texans) need to add O-Line. Watson was sacked 60+ times last year. Some of that was his fault. A bad O-Line will get you 40+ Sacks. Not throwing the ball away when you're supposed to will get you a lot of sacks. A special combination of both gets you 60+.

I long for the days of 2010-2012 when we had the best O-line unit in the league and we propelled Arian Foster to superstardom.

We finally have a QB, and we need to protect him.

A Secondary would also be nice, since Jonathan Joseph is very old, and Kareem Jackson is our only other good corner.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on all points, and it's nice to no longer be the lone Texans fan on the forum. :)

*raises hand*  What's up Texans fans??  rab7 is spot on!

Now back to your regularly scheduled Kraft Rub and Tug discussion.
If I seem superhuman, I have been misunderstood...

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2019, 03:45:46 PM »
I'm really curious what role ESPN had in Witten's unretirement. My hunch is that he can still be a useful cog, much like Gronk is now by simply being a very reliable safety net. I'm also guessing that ESPN had more to do with his decision to return than his competitive spirit and desire to compete. Whatever the case, it's pretty good news for the we, the viewers.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2019, 06:56:22 PM »
I'm really curious what role ESPN had in Witten's unretirement. My hunch is that he can still be a useful cog, much like Gronk is now by simply being a very reliable safety net. I'm also guessing that ESPN had more to do with his decision to return than his competitive spirit and desire to compete. Whatever the case, it's pretty good news for the we, the viewers.

Is he headed back to Dallas?  Or is he a free agent?

As long as Romo doesn't do the same thing (and that comment has absolutely zero percent to do with on-field stuff; he is easily in my top three announcers right now.  I've done an almost 180 degree turn on him over the past, say, three to five years.)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »
Romo is in a good place right now.  Very good at his new job and plays golf all the time. Win/win.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2019, 07:13:52 AM »
Maybe Whitten feels he still has a rabbit or two that he can pull out of his head on the field  :D
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2019, 12:34:18 PM »
Word is that the Antonio Brown trade will be locked down by Friday (cannot be made official till next week, I think).

And Cowherd is reporting that the Broncos are one of the frontrunners.

Uh oh.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
I wouldn't sign him from seeing his dyed mustache.   No same dude would do that.  Lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2019, 12:42:57 PM »
Maybe he was in disguise visiting Robert Kraft's favorite Bordella. :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2019, 12:46:12 PM »
At least I know he can perform under pressure.   Lol

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2019, 06:06:29 PM »
Word is that the Antonio Brown trade will be locked down by Friday (cannot be made official till next week, I think).

Uh oh.

I really hope Denver doesn't sign him, as weird as it feels to say about an elite player like him... I have a hunch that he'll end up in Oakland. It would suck going up against him twice a year, but I don't want a head case like that on my team.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »

Uh oh.

Just for the sake of watching you post your frustrations about AB for years to come - I pray this is true  :biggrin:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2019, 06:11:30 PM »

Just for the sake of watching you post your frustrations about AB for years to come - I pray this is true  :biggrin:

:facepalm: :lol

I really hope Denver doesn't sign him, as weird as it feels to say about an elite player like him... I have a hunch that he'll end up in Oakland. It would suck going up against him twice a year, but I don't want a head case like that on my team.

I have mixed feelings. I don't want a diva like this on the team, but adding one of the top 2-3 WRs in the league would massively upgrade the offense.  And they just traded Keenum to Washington!! Makes me wonder if they are going to trade for Josh Rosen...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2019, 06:38:50 PM »
And the Denver QB carousel continues.   It's coming soon here. We are truly spoiled.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2019, 07:33:25 PM »
I don't really understand why AB wants out of Pittsburgh so badly... it seems like he's always been more worried about his numbers than anything else. Other than GB, I don't see any chance of him landing on a team where he could produce like he did in Pittsburgh. Is it really that he just couldn't handle when Roethlisberger called him out?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2019, 07:36:03 PM »
Seems like a toxic situation there. Coach has lost control.  Though AB is part of the problem.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2019, 04:55:29 AM »
Seems like a toxic situation there. Coach has lost control.  Though AB is part of the problem.

Mike Tomlin has tried to be the second coming of Tony Dungy. While I have the greatest respect for TD's coaching style, it simply can't work with all players. Bell and Brown are the perfect examples. Sometimes you have to pick and choose your battles, and that's something that Tomlin has never learned.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline pg1067

« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2019, 10:35:12 AM »
I have mixed feelings. I don't want a diva like this on the team, but adding one of the top 2-3 WRs in the league would massively upgrade the offense.  And they just traded Keenum to Washington!! Makes me wonder if they are going to trade for Josh Rosen...

The only problem is that Flacceenum won't have enough time to get the ball to him because the offensive line is so bad.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung