Poll

y'all excited for the next thank you scientist record?

yes
1 (25%)
yes
1 (25%)
yes
2 (50%)
i'm a contrarian
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Parama's EP-onymous Roulette v4 (Final Round Results)  (Read 41793 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Parama's EP-onymous Roulette v4 (Round 0 Results Part 5)
« Reply #350 on: March 03, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »
OK, TAC you win this time... :vomitard:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Lethean

Re: Parama's EP-onymous Roulette v4 (Round 0 Results Part 4)
« Reply #351 on: March 03, 2019, 07:32:39 PM »
Results, Part 5

5th Place: Lethean – Untitled

1. Threshold – Light and Space

Alright, look, I get that this is from 2001 and metal production has always been fickle as heck, but there are plenty of bands making better-sounding metal from this same period. Surprisingly it doesn’t totally kill the melody most of the time and the vocal production sounds fine, a lot better than recent dream theater albums to be sure.
I'll just say straight up that I don't care about production, and I'm not going to consider it for any song I send you, so if you like the production or don't, that'll just be good or bad luck for me.  There may be a case where production has an effect on my enjoyment of something and I just don't realize that that's the reason why... but I never really complain about production.  I suppose I thought Mangini should have been more up front in recent DT albums, but I don't have a problem with modern DT.

2. Katatonia – A Premonition

First Impressions:
Katatonia is a band I’ve gone on record that I’m just not a fan of them but you all are really aggressive about trying to get me to like them, huh. It’s not a great sign when your first choice was a song that I’d already previously listened to and felt rather meh towards, haha.
My forum name is taken from a Katatonia song.  During the polar vortex, I listened to their non-harsh vocal discography in chronological order, and then for good measure, I went back and listened to their entire discography, harsh vocals and all, in order.   Whenever Katatonia is not banned in a roulette where I'm a participant, I'm sending them. :P  (That actually goes for Threshold too).

Final Thoughts:
Look. I get it. You basically screwed yourself here, between the other two songs you only had about 4 minutes left and I rejected the first song you sent because I’d heard it before. And let me say straight up that I went back to that song and found it a lot stronger than this one. Not great, but maybe on the scale of that roulette I should’ve rated it ever so slightly higher than I did? I dunno. This just doesn’t do much at all for me. The entire first half of this is all sorts of different, not very memorable and honestly pretty clunky melodies all fighting for attention without ever coming together. The heavy riff that comes in reminds me of, for some reason, Alkaloid’s Funeral For a Continent. It’s a similar chord progression. I’ll say that, if nothing else, I do vaguely feel something during that heavy bit. An attempt was made. The vocals actually have a bit of passion there. The repetitive plucky synth line doesn’t fit in there regardless but if I ignore it it’s mostly fine. I just don’t see why anyone would choose to listen to this particular Katatonia song over any other song they have, I’m not sure what about it could possibly resonate strongly. I like about a minute of it and the rest either bores me or kind of low-key annoys me. It’s probably the most average song I’ve received this entire round, in all honesty.
It's interesting, because when The Racing Heart was rejected, I actually started to think it was a good thing and you might like A Premonition more.  Clearly I was wrong, but I thought there was a desperation to it that might appeal to you more than some of the other shorter songs I was considering.  In any case, pretty much all Katatonia resonates with me, most of it very strongly.  Even though - they were a bit of a grower band for me.  When I first heard them I thought they were good, but I didn't make a strong emotional connection to them until a few years later.

3. Kingcrow – Phlegethon

First Impressions:
Well, immediately I get the sense the production on this one is better than the first two so that’s a step in the right direction. I do dig the riffing style of this one well enough and it’s certainly keeping itself varied enough to boot. The bit with the choir vocals and the really steady riffing was pretty neato. The bass is kind of downplayed throughout a lot of this tune, it’s a bit low in the mix and the tone isn’t great either, but it gets its moment to shine in the quieter sections of the song. This entire thing is just… low key good, honestly, pretty constantly moving and doing stuff I like but there’s not really a lot I love either, I do think I like it enough for the higher of the two ratings I’m bouncing between but that could change. Or it could grow on me too. Who knows. (GOOD)

Final Thoughts:
Goddammit not you too. Congrats, here’s an EP with two songs I’m kind of meh on and then you end with a song I really like, a lot. Start out with this jagged and melodic riff. Okay, djent bands. I get you like having fun with rhythm. But without any melody all your riffs sound the same. Just add! Melodic accentuations! Exactly like this! And it works! Jesus! Anyways then you get the verses. There’s a great sinister air to them, driven by bass and atmospheric synths, slowly building up with more guitar lines coming in until the second verse switches from being sinister to outright tense. And the chorus of this, I love the chorus of this. It’s so simple, too. Guitar hits on the off beat, chanting crowd vocals, incredibly straightforward percussion. This right here is something you can reeeeally headbob to, probably headbang to if you’re seeing it live. It’s maybe a little cheesy but they sell it really well and it serves as an effective payoff to the buildup of the song before it. The song pulls back for a moment for a quieter bit and then you get this really intense, energetic buildup. It’s pretty much just a power metal moment with the drums. And it resolves again to the chorus, which I’m totally on board for. The song pulls back again for a nice clean moment after that, building a fixed guitar groove up on top to keep the momentum going a little bit. I think if I had one complaint about the song, it’s that it feels like it might go on a touch long, though. The song basically just… fades out from there, and resolves on a kind of unrelated clean passage. I think it’d work just fine in the context of an album and it actually brings the EP itself full circle pretty well, mirroring the intro of the Threshold song, but it hurts the overall flow of the song just ever so slightly. It would’ve been really cool if over that last groove the song added in the chorus choir chants again, really just bringing the whole thing together and giving the song a familiar yet slightly different idea to end on. Just a thought. I’m really not super bothered by it when the rest of this song is as good as this is. It ebbs and flows well and keeps itself dynamic, having a three-part structure tied together by its chorus, both instrumentally and vocally compelling. It’s just good, man.

8.25/10

Well yippee yay. :)   This song is totally awesome, and it is live as well.  Live, they still end with that same melody that's in the fade out, but they make it heavy instead and it works really well. 

In terms of whether or not these three songs go together or work as an EP, they absolutely do. First song is solid as an opener, last song is solid as a closer, they all have a kind of sludgier but also straightforward metal sound to them, but each of them is a different kind of track as well. In regards as to this working as an EP you pretty much hit the nail on the head, it’s just a shame none of the songs really stand out.

Whew - I've done a couple EPs now for roulettes, but I still feel like I have no clue what I'm doing.  So while you didn't like the songs so much (even though you totally should have), at least the EP seemed like a good enough EP to compete with the others.

I wonder if this is the lowest scoring EP ever to not get cut (besides whoever's #6 of course).... :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #352 on: March 03, 2019, 07:34:16 PM »
My forum name is taken from a Katatonia song. 

Hmm...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2019, 09:26:00 PM »

Hmm...
Uh oh, you've got TAC thinking...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #354 on: March 03, 2019, 09:27:27 PM »

Hmm...
Uh oh, you've got TAC thinking...

I hope he's thinking about listening to Lethean... :)

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #355 on: March 03, 2019, 11:03:54 PM »
i'm gonna post the next pair of results right before dinnertime and the last pair probably like 9 PMish PST just to piss you all off
I think we've been conned  :corn

By the way, the rest of my ep's/concept album are all finished. Now I just need to write the story....
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #356 on: March 03, 2019, 11:05:06 PM »
i was playing kingdom hearts actually i just stopped a few minutes ago

anyways here's some results and suffering brb

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #357 on: March 03, 2019, 11:11:07 PM »
Results, Part 6

6th Place: home – The Good Winter

1. Agnes Obel – Dorian

First Impressions:
Oh, this is pleasant. She has a nice voice, the piano lines are pretty and the tone is pretty good, the muted percussion fits the vibe nicely. I can definitely chill out to this one. I uhh. Don’t have much else to say about it. It doesn’t particularly stand out either? It’s a kind of song I’ve heard before and doesn’t really have any elements that make it stand out, nor does it resonate particularly strongly, it’s just… nice. (DECENT)

Final Thoughts:
This one I basically said all I really have to say about it in my first writeup, honestly. It’s a nice song that doesn’t really resonate emotionally, nor does it feel like it’s really trying to do so. Everything about this sounds “nice” but it’s a bit too sparse to really have a compelling atmosphere, and her singing is pleasant but a bit too low-key and “perfect” for lack of a better word to really emote. Lyrically it’s also a bit obtuse as to what the “point” of this is. Genius says that she says it’s about a relationship or something. I dunno. Like I’m vaguely trying to say – this one’s pretty nice to listen to but I really don’t get much else out of it besides that.

6/10

2. Emma Ruth Rundle – Marked For Death

First Impressions:
Honestly I probably could’ve let you get away with sending the first song you picked simply because I don’t remember in the slightest what the song specifically sounds like. I remember it’s some singer-songwriter type ordeal but that’s about it. I certainly don’t remember it being as intense as this one gets during the chorus, I dig the heck out of that sludgy, roiling sound. It feels a little weird that her vocals don’t feel like they get particularly intense compared to the softer moments, though. Overall I feel like I like this more than the other song I’ve heard from her? It’s not blowing me away but it’s cool enough stuff. (DECENT)

Final Thoughts:
This one, my thoughts haven’t really changed towards either. For as kind of low-key as it is, it’s still got some intensity to it in the chorus and while the vocal tone doesn’t change massively between the verse and chorus there’s still a notable enough different to match the swell, though it’s not a big difference, yeah. The lyrically sentiment of this one is also a fair bit more straightforward and while I don’t personally connect with it I do get it and can empathize with it. It’s again a bit simple but I think it’s fine for it to be, it’s not one of the more strongly resonant songs of the round for me but it does stand out enough to be memorable, and much more so than the previous song I’ve heard from her.

6.75/10

3. Bon Iver – Holocene

First Impressions:
Bon Iver is one of those artists I’ve known about for a while but never really listened to. Apparently they have a song called For Emma? It would’ve been super funny if you sent that one. I pretty much don’t have anything to say about this song itself. He sings like he’s constantly using falsetto which I’m not a huge fan of. The song does pick up a bit of momentum and feels like it’s going to build to something but it cuts off before it reaches that? Then it kind of picks it up right at the end. I don’t know, despite my issues with it this one does make me at least, y’know, feel something. I end up putting all three of these in the same tier of my first impressions so I’ll lay out that this would be my second favorite, with Emma Ruth Rundle being the favorite  and Agnes Obel being the least favorite, but it’s not a very wide margin. (DECENT)

Final Thoughts:
I think I didn’t realize it until like, my fourth listen, but. I actually. Really like this one? The general vibe of this song just… clicked with me. It’s subtly mournful, not pounding you over the head with emotional intensity or really any intensity at all, but between the hypnotic and repetitive guitar lines, the driving drums, the harmonized vocals, the generally bright tone… it’s honestly hard to describe why this one does work for me and make me feel strongly about it. Heck, the lyrics are as obtuse as they could be. Genius is absolutely pretentious as hell about the lyrics to this one and there’s no way in hell I’m reading through all that. But. Anyways. Basically the point is that this song has grown on me with every listen and it makes me feel sadboy feelings and I don’t even know why, but I really do like it all the same.

8.25/10

Overall:

First Impressions:
Mmm, yeah, these are again all songs that are kind of in a similar vein but all have enough to stand out on their own as well. More than anything, I see this EP as a collection of songs that are all potential growers seeing as all three of them have landed in the same tier for me on first listen. At the same time, in my quieter music, I do tend to still gravitate towards stuff that has at least a little more payoff than anything these three offer, though the middle track at least gets close to this. I don’t know if I can comment on like, the flow or track ordering here yet as I can’t really tell whether the second or third track would make the better closer based on just one listen. Overall though this one is, yeah, pretty nice.

Final Thoughts:
I think in part one of the problems you run into here is that you’re competing with another low-key EP that’s based around strong emotional resonance, and the best song here doesn’t really hit me as hard as two of the songs on that EP, so this mentally got placed in my mind as the inferior product compared to that one. Which maybe is a little unfair, but still having said that this was overall one of the bigger growers of the round, to the point where it went from being a likely cut to a likely save by the end of it all. That’s just the thing though, stuff like this will always be fickle for me, and I’m honestly still not sure why that Bon Iver track works as well for me as it does. There’s definitely cohesion and decent flow at play here, too, hard to fault this from any angle as an EP. Just overall pretty solid.

7th Place: Train of Naught – Midnight Zone

1. Balance and Composure – Afterparty

First Impressions:
Ahh wow this is some indie rock isn’t it. I’m like a minute in and thus far this honestly doesn’t really have any personality to it. I figure on repeat listens I might maybe like this one more? The bassline is kinda nice, though it again isn’t anything too unique. Not much to say here honestly. (AVERAGE)

Final Thoughts:
Yeah you’re really going to have to help me understand what’s notable or compelling about this one. I don’t think it’s the instrumentation – it’s serviceable enough but not really driven by any compelling melodies. I don’t think it’s the vocals – they sound half-asleep and especially compared to a lot of other examples in this round, hell, compared to the other songs on this EP, they just don’t stir up any emotion whatsoever. It’s so dry-sounding. I called another song here the definition of average in a writeup before I did this one but, you know what? This is it. The most average song of the round. One of the most average songs I’ve heard in a good long time, even.

5/10

2. Bring Me the Horizon – MANTRA

First Impressions:
Oh one of these bands I’ve heard about plenty (mostly negatively) but never actually listened to. Immediately I will say this is more musically interesting than the last track, for sure. Dig that main riff. Don’t feel like he’s a great singer though, and I don’t dig the computer voice they used for the title drop. I don’t really feel like much else happened in this song after the first minute or so but it’s fine enough, sure. (DECENT)

Final Thoughts:
I’m too goddamn old for this, I feel like. The lyrics are obviously an attack on religion, but at the same time the chorus feels… immature. The phrases they use are practically useless clichés, mantras in of themselves. I actually like a fair bit of the rest of this though. The verses have pretty interesting delivery, and the very subtle electronic vibes of the bridge actually fit in pretty well, plus the vocals sound more alive there than anywhere else in the song. And the main riff is solid, though I don’t know if the guitar work anywhere else does much for me. It’s a bit basic overall and not really the kind of post-hardcore I’m that into but it’s got enough elements that work for me to not fully dismiss it, either.

6.25/10

3. Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch

First Impressions:
So this is the one band of these three I’ve actually listened to before, though mostly because they’ve had a few songs in guitar hero. I think this song actually was in guitar hero, but as DLC so I never got it. I’ve always liked their drumming and this song is no real exception, though the bassline here is also pretty great. The vocals have never super been my thing though, I don’t feel like there’s a ton of power behind the singer’s voice. The fuzzy guitars make for decently dense soundscapes, though. I dunno with how long this song is, the bassline kind of has already worn on me a little bit, it’s… kind of repetitive isn’t it. Okay, the climax at the end of this one is pretty cool though. I actually feel something, gosh. Yeah, this is solid enough I suppose. (DECENT)

Final Thoughts:
They really should’ve changed up that bassline a bit more, I liked it at first but at this point I’m honestly a bit tired of it. Especially in the verses where it’s basically the only thing going on in the instrumentation. Aside from that this has grown on me a decent bit, though. The chorus isn’t super emotionally-charged but the melodies are really dang catchy and the wall of guitar fuzz certainly drives some degree of power too. I already commented on the drumming and while yeah it’s kind of repetitive this is honestly exactly the kind of drumming I’d love to play if I had my kit with me here, it sounds pretty fun. And yeah the climax of this one is genuinely pretty intense, though I feel like it takes a little too long for the song to get there. Overall though it’s by a good margin my favorite on this EP and I’m wondering if I should check out these guys further after like, literally a decade of knowing about them, haha.

7.25/10

Overall:

First Impressions:
So I would pretty much agree that these songs fit together pretty well stylistically. It feels a bit less like a cohesive work and more like just a playlist, I suppose, but the flow’s fine enough. Panic Switch makes for a solid closer given its ending. I think my big issue here is that, while all these sound fine enough, this is a type of sound that’s only really going to work with me if the songs resonate emotionally and I don’t get the feeling any of these will for me. Nothing here I really disliked and it’s a short enough set of tunes that I don’t really have time to get bored either but this is unfortunately a style of music I’m way too familiar with and rarely impressed by.

Final Thoughts:
Mmmyeah this one grew on me a little after relistens, I guess. Or at least two of the songs did. I really don’t get the Balance and Composure song at all, though. I will say that lately post-hardcore has been a big mood for me but specifically the stuff that’s 1. still reasonably melodic 2. very emotionally intense 3. actually decently heavy and I feel like while only one song here actually qualifies as post-hardcore it’s pretty easy to see why I like each of these more and more. All three of them meet 1) pretty easily. Bring Me the Horizon kind of meets 3). Panic Switch toys with 3) and has enough of 2) to work for me as well. None of these really blow me away but I do find them all easy to listen to and as an EP this does work pretty well too. I think an entire 40 minutes of music operating at this level might not work as well for me, though, but a 15-ish minute set? Yeah, sure. It’s an alright attempt.

Round 0 Final Standings:
1. senecadawg2
2. TAC
3. Puppies_On_Acid
4. Ghost Malone
5. Lethean
6. home
------------
7. Train of Naught
8. romdrums
9. Kattelox
10. Indiscipline
11. Elite
12. Dacul

Song Rankings:
1. Phoebe Bridgers – Funeral
2. No Doubt – Tragic Kingdom
3. Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit – If We Were Vampires
4. Existem – The Reclaimer
5. Kingcrow – Phlegethon
6. Bon Iver – Holocene
7. Arms & Sleepers – Twentynine Palms
8. Arcane – Selfsame
9. Pendulum ft. Steven Wilson - The Fountain
10. Breaking Orbit – Conscious Self
11. Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
12. Cereus – Icarus
13. DGM – Portrait
14. Dark the Suns – All Ends in Silence
15. Emma Ruth Rundle – Marked For Death
16. Voyager – Seasons of Age
17. Atoma – Skylight 
18. Vanaheim – Daughter Of The Dawn
19. John Lennon – How Do You Sleep?
20. Led Zeppelin – Achilles Last Stand
21. Bring Me the Horizon – MANTRA
22. Alithia – On a Mountain
23. Threshold – Light and Space
24. Agnes Obel – Dorian
25. Eddie Vedder – Society
26. Marlene Kuntz – Nuotando nell'Aria
27. Tycho - Dye
28. Katatonia – A Premonition
29. Balance and Composure – Afterparty
30. Archspire – Involuntary Doppelgänger
31. IceFish – It Begins
32. Slushii - Sapient Dream
33. Starsailor – Way to Fall
34. Inferum – Beyond Reach
35. Linda Perhacs – Winds of the Sky
36. Owen Pallett – The Great Elsewhere
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:25:19 AM by Parama »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #358 on: March 03, 2019, 11:12:36 PM »
also just a note: if ariich fails to send for round 1 i'm just gonna cut him and let train in
or tbh if anyone fails to send i'll just let train in
train this is your incentive to have one of the competition kidnapped or eliminated so they can't send

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2019, 11:14:54 PM »
also just a note: if ariich fails to send for round 1 i'm just gonna cut him and let train in
train this is your incentive to have one of the competition kidnapped or eliminated so they can't send
I hear it's fairly easy to hire a hitman in Amsterdam....
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Lethean

Re: Parama's EP-onymous Roulette v4 (Signups)
« Reply #360 on: March 03, 2019, 11:29:51 PM »
Artists Banned During the Roulette:
Any artist who scores 7/10 or above will be added to the banned list.

Round 0:
Phoebe Bridgers
No Doubt
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
Existem
Kingcrow
Bon Iver
Arms & Sleepers
Arcane
Pendulum
Breaking Orbit
Silversun Pickups
Cereus

Oooh oooh oooh <raises hand> does this mean I can send Katatonia next round too?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Parama's EP-onymous Roulette v4 (Round 0 Final Results)
« Reply #361 on: March 03, 2019, 11:34:37 PM »
yes, if you really insist on repeating past mistakes
honestly katatonia had been on my banned list and the only reason i removed them is because i've never actually listened to an album of theirs but i have never once been impressed by katatonia before so you can send them at your own risk :P

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2019, 08:15:56 AM »
I should have my next submission to you sometime later today. I just have to finish the write up for it.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline romdrums

« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2019, 08:52:30 AM »
I didn't realize "romdjent" was a thing but hey, I guess that's cool? :-\ :hat  Anyway, I'm okay with being eliminated in the preliminary round.  Next time!
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »
I hear it's fairly easy to hire a hitman in Amsterdam....
Damn shame I don't live in Amsterdam then :(

Glad you liked Panic Switch! It's their best song though but that's just like.. my opinion man

BMTH stopped doing emo metalcore shit and instead are making pretty well produced pop, still a bit cringy though (for example the title drop in Mantra like you mentioned)
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »
I wouldn't really call mantra pop (more alt-metal/vaguely post-hardcore if you squint) but I mean yeah I don't suspect I'd like other BMTH stuff either lol

Better than Lo! and frontierer tho

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2019, 02:15:51 PM »
I think Growing Old Is Getting Old is their best song tbh  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2019, 02:17:44 PM »
I sent that in Stadler's roulette and got a fairly meh reaction for it.  :-\
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2019, 02:20:05 PM »

Speaking of growing and getting old...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
I feel personally attacked by posts on this page! :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2019, 02:24:40 PM »

Speaking of growing and getting old...
The songs I sent you were that bad huh? Oh wait, you don't know what songs I sent.... :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »
sent something bold and danceable.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2019, 03:08:40 PM »
Appreciating how both entries so far have leaned towards the lower end of the length requirements, I'm gonna have 7 this time so that makes my job easier cause I'm gonna have like, 3.5 hours of music st the bare minimum :P

This coming from the guy who has sent 40:00 EPs more than once

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »
Appreciating how both entries so far have leaned towards the lower end of the length requirements, I'm gonna have 7 this time so that makes my job easier cause I'm gonna have like, 3.5 hours of music st the bare minimum :P

This coming from the guy who has sent 40:00 EPs more than once
Mine is pushing right up to that 40 minute barrier.  :corn

I'll shoot you a PM with my submission in just a few minutes. Putting the finishing touches on the story.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2019, 03:16:46 PM »
Cool cool

I'm not gonna start listening to these for a few days mostly so I don't go a week between first and second listens lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2019, 03:24:59 PM »
And sent!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »
goddammit puppies you can't just send me 5 absu songs

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2019, 03:25:52 PM »
goddammit puppies you can't just send me 5 absu songs
Darn, and I thought I was going to get away with it too. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #378 on: March 04, 2019, 11:01:01 PM »
Add some Slint to go along with it.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2019, 11:02:15 PM »
and cardiacs ft. st. vincent

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #380 on: March 05, 2019, 12:41:59 AM »
Is Cardiacs that bad?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #381 on: March 05, 2019, 01:02:02 AM »
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #382 on: March 05, 2019, 02:08:36 PM »
We have until Sunday right? I don't think I'll need that long, but just want to check my maximum.

I have some ideas already and will probably PM you tomorrow to audit before putting anything together.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
Yup. End of Sunday is the due date but I'll start before then if everyone is in.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #384 on: March 06, 2019, 04:15:45 AM »
Woooo! Glad you liked Holoscene, I would be lost if you gave it a low score.

Basically the point is that this song has grown on me with every listen and it makes me feel sadboy feelings and I don’t even know why, but I really do like it all the same.

:angel:

Also I'm ready to get rule6'd next round, not kidding
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!