Author Topic: I would love to hear DT12 with DoT production...  (Read 786 times)

Offline nikatapi

I would love to hear DT12 with DoT production...
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:38:07 AM »
So i was comparing the sound quality and production of DoT and DT12, and i really find that DT12 is lacking especially with that atrocious snare sound..
Do you think it would benefit from a production like DoT? A more powerful and balanced mix, and a guitar tone with less effects...

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
Re: I would love to hear DT12 with DoT production...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »
I don't know if you're aware of it, but the high-res version (you can buy it on hdtracks.com) has a lot less compression and with that more dynamics, this applies to any high-res version of albums back to Systematic Chaos too.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:45:36 AM »
I don't know if you're aware of it, but the high-res version (you can buy it on hdtracks.com) has a lot less compression and with that more dynamics, this applies to any high-res version of albums back to Systematic Chaos too.

Yeah i've bought the HD Tracks version, unfortunately this doesn't fix production decisions. I still feel like the sound is a bit muddy, and the snare really turns me off in some songs (The Bigger Picture or Along For The Ride for example).

Offline Mark Levinson Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 09:42:31 AM »

That's what I did for all the Mangini era releases. On full size speakers, it sounds amazing to me.