Author Topic: what bands you regret that you never got to see them live?  (Read 1485 times)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: what bands you regret that you never got to see them live?
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2019, 09:34:37 PM »
Pink Floyd, especially during the PULSE tour. I was really young so it wasn't going to happen.

I'm really bad about saying "I'll see them next time around"

I missed David Gilmour in NYC, I had the perfect opportunity to snag some decent tickets for the show that was happening a few days after Score and didn't do it.

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2019, 09:47:34 PM »
There are too many for me, mainly because of money, it is expensive to watch bands in Mexico when you don't live in Mexico City. Some bands I missed that I regret:

Transatlantic, VUUR, Alestorm, The Aristocrats, Babymetal, Dream Theater in the BC&SL tour (the only DT show I've missed since I became a fan in 2007), Mayan, Ghost, Mastodon and many others.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2019, 09:50:19 PM »
Thinking about it more there are more bands I didn’t see simply because of laziness. Now I’ll try and go see anything I’m even remotely interested in.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2019, 04:43:13 AM »
Deep Purple.

Purple is still touring; even with no Lord, no Blackmore, and Gillan at three-quarters strength, they are still one of the best live bands around.  I've seen them twice in the Morse era and they ROLLED.  To this day, the moment in "Woman From Tokyo", where the bridge ends and the band kicks in with the riff is one of the coolest moments I've ever experienced live.  They were in perfect synch and went from zero to blowing my hair back with power in the space of a heartbeat. 

Plus they do a great job of mixing new with recent old with classic.  They have GREAT setlists.

Totally agreed. I've seen them twice with Steve Morse as well and they rock super hard. It's one of the most entertaining and fun shows out there.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2019, 09:43:16 AM »
Deep Purple.

Purple is still touring; even with no Lord, no Blackmore, and Gillan at three-quarters strength, they are still one of the best live bands around.  I've seen them twice in the Morse era and they ROLLED.  To this day, the moment in "Woman From Tokyo", where the bridge ends and the band kicks in with the riff is one of the coolest moments I've ever experienced live.  They were in perfect synch and went from zero to blowing my hair back with power in the space of a heartbeat. 

Plus they do a great job of mixing new with recent old with classic.  They have GREAT setlists.

Totally agreed. I've seen them twice with Steve Morse as well and they rock super hard. It's one of the most entertaining and fun shows out there.

Hopefully they'll return to Norway before they stop, so that I can rectify that.  :biggrin:
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2019, 12:31:30 PM »
Blind Guardian, I bought At The Edge of Time, and was just getting into them. They announced a show here and I was thinking about going but didn't. Now I regret not going because they played some good shit...

Here's their set:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-guardian/2010/sunshine-theater-albuquerque-nm-bd2918e.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:10:29 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline dparrott

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2019, 11:27:06 PM »
Warpaint.  Every time I try to see them something else comes up.  Next weekend it's a funeral.  I had one chance to see them live at the Hollywood Bowl and got there late and missed them. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2019, 11:37:05 PM »
Biggest one for me is Porcupine Tree, although I still hold out hope for a reunion.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar