Author Topic: DT piano sheet music for Images and Words  (Read 990 times)

Offline adtfan4infinity

DT piano sheet music for Images and Words
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:40:28 PM »
Hey y'all. I was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction. Im looking for piano sheet music for Images and Words specifically Another Day. Im taking a singing class and the pianist has difficulty reading and converting guitar tabs. I saw the Jordan Rudess DT Keyboard "anthology" listed up for sale on Amazon only had piano sheet music for 15 songs none of them are Another Day. I would also prefer Kevin Moore's version if possible and not a re-write by Jordan because their styles are so extremely different. Does this even exist? Every google and bing search is fruitless. I have no idea how to convert guitar tabs to a piano. Any help would be appreciated!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: DT piano sheet music for Images and Words
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »
The answer to your specific question is, I have no idea.  And I doubt anyone else here does either.  But all hope is not lost.  These are obviously unofficial, but here is a "sheet music instructional video" I found on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBOI1OuT7K0&start_radio=1&list=RDJBOI1OuT7K0

These two piano cover videos look good too (first one is probably better for your purposes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-9TafpRF9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSrYydojHsc

Hope that helps.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:48:27 PM »
As long as you have the right chord progression everything should be fine. Those videos Bosk shared are useful, if not just get the chord progression and your pianist should be able to follow along. If not, this site might be useful

https://musescore.com/user/11708486/scores/2658026
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »
A Japanese company called Shinko (these full scores are often Japanese) brought out a Full Score book for Images and Words back in the day.  I have it and just had a look - the piano music is generally under "Other" in the score.

Not sure about a release specific to keys.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »
I can arrange something up for you no problem. What would be a comfortable key for you to sing it in? The original is in G#-minor/E-major and the range is from E3-E5 and it hovers above B4 a lot. Can you hit everything there without straining or discomfort, or should I transpose it down?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 04:22:02 PM »
I can arrange something up for you no problem. What would be a comfortable key for you to sing it in? The original is in G#-minor/E-major and the range is from E3-E5 and it hovers above B4 a lot. Can you hit everything there without straining or discomfort, or should I transpose it down?

G#-minor/B-major
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:24:24 PM »
Ah yeah, right, that's my b. Thanks!