Author Topic: One kid DT cover band v. ITNOG  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
One kid DT cover band v. ITNOG
« on: January 30, 2019, 02:52:41 PM »
I don't normally start topics but felt this deserved it.  This is just a few days old so, I don't think it's been posted yet.  A friend of mine sent this to me on FB.  He said prepare for your mind to be blown....

All I can say is HFS!!!!  Some people's kids these days!!  :omg:  :hefdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azrRTZb05Pc
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: One kid DT cover band v. ITNOG
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 03:05:49 PM »
HOLE. E. SMOKES!!  That's pretty incredible!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 03:29:32 PM »
This is it. I quit.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 03:35:18 PM »
What? Dude can’t sing too? Psht.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
As I'm watching I find it hard to believe, yet I'm seeing it with my own eyes.  This doesn't actually seem possible, my God!  As a guitarist and only a guitarist, what this kid can do is freakish, almost inhuman.  Definitely the definition of a child prodigy.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 03:46:59 PM »
 :omg:

Next step: a full album, like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD5Xo1Tkh4U

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 07:35:29 PM »
Holy shit!

His cover of YYZ is amazing. 13 years old!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 08:06:25 AM »
I watched the first couple minutes, then jumped to the big unison part, wow... Dear lord, that kid is incredible.

Offline themkr

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 09:44:14 AM »
And he's not even an Asian child!  :rollin

btw.. ITNOG instrumental only is amazing.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 11:01:05 AM »
How. HOW?!
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 01:28:27 PM »
Is this kid independently wealthy? The amount of equipment is staggering, especially the Grand Piano.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »
Is this kid independently wealthy? The amount of equipment is staggering, especially the Grand Piano.

Parents must be well off and just realised his talent early.  I did think the amount of equipment he has for his age is absurd.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 01:53:22 PM »

Oh yea, when I lived in LA, I met a few people like that. Loaded parents who saw the talent and went full in.

I hope they don't get too controlling with him. I hope he's doing these because he wants to and not because his "producer" dad thinks it'll be a good career move. Saw tons of that and it never worked out well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »

That's the first thing I noticed. At that age I barely had lunch money. Good for him though, I hope he put his talent to good use.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 02:21:20 PM »

Oh yea, when I lived in LA, I met a few people like that. Loaded parents who saw the talent and went full in.

I hope they don't get too controlling with him. I hope he's doing these because he wants to and not because his "producer" dad thinks it'll be a good career move. Saw tons of that and it never worked out well.

Yeah, I am always very cautious when someone sends me yet another "look at this (Asian) prodigy kid, he'll be big when he grows up" video, and you never ever hear from them again. Many times the extreme push they get from the parents sucks all the enjoyment out of it, and they become robots who don't enjoy the music anymore.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 03:18:11 PM »
What? Dude can’t sing too? Psht.

:lol  That's what I said to my friend.  "What, no vocals?"  I'm pretty sure he could've pulled that off too.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline rab7

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 03:48:22 PM »

That's the first thing I noticed. At that age I barely had lunch money. Good for him though, I hope he put his talent to good use.

This doesn't invalidate the discussion of whether his parents are loaded, but it's clear that he's in a studio rather than his own home.

Offline Moor

• The more the merrier
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 07:08:51 AM »
I read somewhere that he is endorsed by Ibanez and Tama which explains why he is perfectly equipped.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 08:30:15 AM »

Damn!!  What planet do these guys come from?  They must be the same aliens that built the pyramids.  :rollin

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 09:31:32 AM »

Damn!!  What planet do these guys come from?  They must be the same aliens that built the pyramids.  :rollin

:lol :lol :lol

Offline smegolas

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 10:39:58 AM »
Yeah, I am always very cautious when someone sends me yet another "look at this (Asian) prodigy kid, he'll be big when he grows up" video, and you never ever hear from them again. Many times the extreme push they get from the parents sucks all the enjoyment out of it, and they become robots who don't enjoy the music anymore.

So true - they just disappear, there is a huge difference between being able to copy someone else and being able to create for yourself.  And to get to the level that his kid is at, Im guessing there has not been a lot of time for creativity.

Look up Rick Beato's kid Dylan if you want to see the most incredible child prodigy ever.  Super curious to see if he becomes the next Mozart or vanishes.

Does anyone remember the English kid in the 80s who could play Vai note for note?  Never heard of him again.  Think his first name was Thomas???

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 12:29:22 PM »
That was crazy!  :tup

A bit off-topic but speaking of kids I just saw this 8 year old kid jammin bass with Richard Bona.

What I love about this video the most is how much the kid smiles while playing, I just find it so heart-warming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yennR7FSttg
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline PetFish

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 03:03:33 PM »
So true - they just disappear, there is a huge difference between being able to copy someone else and being able to create for yourself.  And to get to the level that his kid is at, Im guessing there has not been a lot of time for creativity.

I always think about this as well.

Yeah, great, you nailed it, but can I see you jamming over a blues track for a few minutes?  They never have those videos.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »

btw.. ITNOG instrumental only is amazing.
I was thinking that too.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 07:39:38 PM »
Does anyone remember the English kid in the 80s who could play Vai note for note?  Never heard of him again.  Think his first name was Thomas???

I think I know who you mean, he was in one of Vai's videos, right? The one in the classroom?

EDIT: Thomas "McRocklin" (actual name McLaughlin). He was in a band called Bad 4 Good, and in 2009 worked in a guitar shop ( http://www.vai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27977 )

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 04:54:18 AM »

I think I know who you mean, he was in one of Vai's videos, right? The one in the classroom?

EDIT: Thomas "McRocklin" (actual name McLaughlin). He was in a band called Bad 4 Good, and in 2009 worked in a guitar shop ( http://www.vai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27977 )

Still playing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLboEHlylBc
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael