Author Topic: Sleeve tattoos on women---like or dislike?  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: Sleeve tattoos on women---like or dislike?
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »
Where’s the barf emoji?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »
Absolutely love ink on women. The girl who cuts my hair at Supercuts has a full sleeve tattoo of all the Star Wars Droids (and is cute af). She will be getting my business until she quits. (and yes, she can cut hair too)

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2019, 04:58:08 PM »
Overall it's OK.  That being said, content matters and could make all the difference.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 11:35:29 AM »
If they're good tattoos, fuck yeah. Lots of assumptions and stuff here that I disagree with, but I'll just say that as usual I agree with Mora.
For the record, most of the people I know who are covered in ink are not trying to be trendy- they truly love tattoos and are doing what makes them happy. Yes, tattoos are way more common and socially acceptable now, but a lot of that ink is boring shit that somebody picked off a wall or stole from somebody else's idea. A woman who can rock some interesting ink, on a sleeve or anywhere, is extremely sexy to me (same with men).
I have nine or so tattoos, most of them fairly big (no sleeves yet because I am debating on that with work-related stuff). Any person who says my body is less attractive because of them is not somebody I'm interested in dating/boning, and their opinion means pretty much zero. I have no interest in dating people who think they have any say in what I do with my body in general, so a partner being critical of tattoos would not stick around very long.
I personally don't like face or chest tattoos, but would never tell a partner those things are unattractive or try to talk them out of doing something they really wanted to do (I mean, unless it was a giant Majesty logo chest piece).
And Barto, totally disagree that a healthy body can't also be a tattooed one.
Side note: my ink makes me feel much better about my body and gives me added confidence. I think it's beautiful work, which is great because my feelings on it are really the one ones that matter in the end.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 12:37:22 PM »
I was watching something wtih my GF yesterday and there was a girl with a big leg tattoo and she goes "I really like that tattoo" which made me think of this thread, and I had to just share my opinion of course which was that I really did not like the tattoo which lead to a similar discussion here about do tattooes on girls work?  I mean, I think my position is they usually don't.  A tattoo doesn't make a girl better looking to me, but can make her more unattractive potentially.  She showed me her friends leg tattoo and I really didn't like it either.  To each their own, thats fine, but it just doesn't do anything for me and I was a bit surprised to hear my GF liked them.  She doesn't have any and I can't recall her ever really talking about them so I guess I figured she wasn't a fan, but I was wrong. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »
I mean just because she liked a tattoo doesn’t mean she wants to get one. I like sports cars but I would never buy one. I also like how certain tattoos look on others but I wouldn’t get it.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cygnusx1jg

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 11:37:51 AM »
If you like sports cars, and can afford to buy one, why do you say you would never get one?
Hope is what remains to be seen. Now we must tend our garden.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 12:54:43 PM »
If you refer to it as a "sports car" you shouldn't be allowed to buy one  :biggrin:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 01:06:13 PM »
What else do you call a V6 Mustang?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 01:48:30 PM »
Amateur hour?

:metal :metal :metal

Kidding (but Corvettes are the only Detroit iron I like; I'm a German fan). 

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 02:59:51 PM »

Dislike, and I know that's an awful thing for me to say in this day and age of so many people being deeply offended over others not liking this silly fad. So much, in fact, there are memes out there that preach about "tattoo acceptance". Give me a fucking break. Tattoos are a fashion piece. Nothing more. Nobody ever gets bent out of shape when someone criticizes Crocs shoes.

I've dated a lot of women with tattoos, but it was never the tattoos I was attracted to. I always laugh when women proclaim things like "O-M-G!!!, my tattoos are a big part of who I am!!" Jesus fuck, so does that mean the rest of ''who they are'' is really that insignificant??

It's funny, in the last 10 years or so, anytime I'm out at a bar or club and meet a woman, if I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt, they almost always ask to see my "ink", only to be told I have none.

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 03:32:23 PM »
Haha, I always joke with the few non tattoed friends that its now cool and super underground not to have ink.  Anyways not really into the whole all over the body tattoos. Meh. To each their own. I just wonder how many of these young people will look in the mirror 20 years from now and be all "well fuck"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »
More generally, it's amazing to me how clear "fads" seem to be to me now that I'm in my 50's and, I won't say "out of the loop" but certainly "uninterested".   

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 09:31:50 PM »
I'm not a fan of tattoos on women but I do believe in equal opportunity when tattoos are concerned so...
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline NunoTenniscourt

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2019, 04:35:35 AM »
I'm generally not a big fan of tattoos. Also, they've become so popular and so common, that by now the real "transgression" is NOT having a tattoo  :lol

One night a couple years ago, there were 20 of us or so in my local bar in Philly just before closing, and the bartender (cute girl, pixie-ish Irish girl kind of like the girl from Blindspot, though the tat thing is just a coincidence) had just gotten another tat.   So of course, everyone was sort of showing their art, and I was literally the only person in the bar that did not have ink of any kind.

Yes, showing it off, yet if you ever dared to say garnering attention played a role in their getting tattoos, they would swear you were wrong. "I DID IT FOR MYSELF!!!"  ::)

I just don't understand why some take it so personally when anyone expresses a dislike for tattoos. It doesn't mean I don't like them as people. I have tons of friends who have them, and I go to some of the freakiest cybergoth clubs on Earth. I enjoy the spectacle and atmosphere, but I simply prefer not to have them on myself or anyone I date. (but it's not a dealbreaker)

I also find it funny when I run into people who won't date someone who doesn't have tattoos (yes, they exist) , yet they piss and moan about being "judged" for their tattoos.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2019, 05:25:46 AM »
If the woman is good looking and in good shape, yes, it's hot.
If she's the large, biker-style chick... then, no.

For me, he real turn-off is smoking. I don't care how hot she is, if she's holding a smoke, I'm out.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2019, 11:10:18 AM »
I used to be annoyed upon finding out a girl has tats. But nowadays I'm grateful to know right off the bat we wouldn't click.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2019, 11:17:01 AM »
I've seen this thread sitting here festering for a month and here's the objective truth:

Your opinion of someone else's appearance doesn't matter. Like unless the tattoos are literally logos of hate groups or something it's not your body to begin with so who the hell cares

I wasn't gonna say anything but this dumb thread has been in GD for a month somehow when it should've ended in two posts

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2019, 11:40:26 AM »
I've seen this thread sitting here festering for a month and here's the objective truth:

Your opinion of someone else's appearance doesn't matter. Like unless the tattoos are literally logos of hate groups or something it's not your body to begin with so who the hell cares

I wasn't gonna say anything but this dumb thread has been in GD for a month somehow when it should've ended in two posts

So you have no tastes in partners?  You're attracted to everything?  Why isn't this like a "Do you prefer blondes or brunettes" thread?

It need not be black and white, either.  If I'm designing my perfect woman, she probably woudn't have tats (and it has more to do with what Nuno Tenniscourt said than the look) but if I found a woman who is otherwise perfect, but has a full sleeve, I'm not kicking her to the curb.

Don't understand what's so wrong about that.  I don't see too many people here saying "Hey, don't do that!" or "You can't do that!".   

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2019, 11:44:13 AM »

I sense a bit of sour behind this post.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2019, 01:05:41 PM »

So you have no tastes in partners?  You're attracted to everything?  Why isn't this like a "Do you prefer blondes or brunettes" thread?

It need not be black and white, either.  If I'm designing my perfect woman, she probably woudn't have tats (and it has more to do with what Nuno Tenniscourt said than the look) but if I found a woman who is otherwise perfect, but has a full sleeve, I'm not kicking her to the curb.

Don't understand what's so wrong about that.  I don't see too many people here saying "Hey, don't do that!" or "You can't do that!".   

I also don't see what is wrong about discussing those preferences, especially in a [mostly] nonjudgmental way.  This isn't a "tats suck and anyone who has ink is a moral degenerate" thread.  Far from it.  Although the thread hasn't really taken off in a big way, I think the discussion has actually been pretty cool.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2019, 01:47:44 PM »

So we shouldn't discuss because there's no true answer to an opinionated question?

Online Adami

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2019, 01:50:12 PM »
Well, the thread was originally about sleeve tattoos, but since we're just talking about ANY tattoos, there's a simply objective answer to this.

Winona Ryder has some tattoos. Therefore, tattoos do not make a person less attractive by default, because she is still perfect.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2019, 01:55:25 PM »

Say what?

Your opinion that folks shouldn't have opinions about what others do with their bodies, is hardly "objective truth."  You are free to choose not to care, but that doesn't mean others are required to share your point of view.

And yes, my "opinion of someone else's appearance" matters quite a lot.  My opinion matters when I am considering whether to hire someone.  It matters when one of my kids brings home a date.  And, of course, everyone has opinions about what is and isn't attractive (which I think is pretty much the entire point of this thread).  Ultimately, the question posed by this thread isn't any different than:  do you prefer blondes, brunettes or redheads?  Do find any particular ethnicity especially attractive or unattractive?  Do you find a lack of personal hygiene unattractive?

I'll also tell you want really doesn't matter:  your opinion that "this dumb thread . . . should've ended in two posts."  That people have cared enough about the subject to keep the thread active is all that matters.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »
Winona Ryder has some tattoos. Therefore, tattoos do not make a person less attractive by default, because she is still perfect.

Even though I do not completely agree, I...cannot dispute this logic.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2019, 01:58:58 PM »
The logic is sound. This is the right foot of living goddess, Marissa Tomei

Online Adami

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2019, 02:51:03 PM »
Eye of Horus....more like Eye of Whore-us.

Or something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2019, 03:38:13 PM »
The logic is sound. This is the right foot of living goddess, Marissa Tomei

Ironically, I like that tattoo (and whole-heartedly agree on Marissa Tomei) but we've just hinted at another thread: I recognize it's irrational (or I should say, out of proportion), but I hate FEET.   97% of feet (and 100% of men's feet) are disgusting and gross.  I'm not really kidding.  You'd be surprised at what's ahead of "feet" on my list of things I'd kiss and/or suck.   Just throwing that out there. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2019, 03:41:17 PM »
You'd be surprised at what's ahead of "feet" on my list of things I'd kiss and/or suck.   

DTF quote of the year right there  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2019, 03:44:27 PM »
 :rollin

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
:backupslowly:

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »
You'd be surprised at what's ahead of "feet" on my list of things I'd kiss and/or suck.   Just throwing that out there.

Tell us more  :biggrin:
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline NunoTenniscourt

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2019, 06:51:23 PM »

Do our opinions on music, movies, and sports, etc. matter in the grand scheme of things? If not, then damn, the forums as a whole may as well cease to exist.

You'd be surprised at what's ahead of "feet" on my list of things I'd kiss and/or suck.   Just throwing that out there.

That's some funny shit, although, I am completely on the other side of the spectrum with this. I love, love, love them.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2019, 01:55:15 PM »
You'd be surprised at what's ahead of "feet" on my list of things I'd kiss and/or suck.   

DTF quote of the year right there  :lol

:lol

I mostly agree. I don't hate them but feet are pretty gross.

As for why people might get offended if you express dislike for tattoos- I think it depends on the approach you use, but when somebody has put a whole lot of thought/work/time/money into something they are passionate about and somebody else insults it, I think it's reasonable to be upset to a certain degree. It's one thing if you just say "that's not my thing, man, but cool that you're into it." But another thing to shit on the idea of ink or  specifically on a person's tattoo. Like, I see tattoos ALL THE TIME that I think are absolutely hideous, but I would never tell the person that. I've even dated people who had bad ones, and when they've excitedly shown them to me my approach has always been to ask about the significance of it and maybe skirt around the fact that I think it's terrible :lol
You can disagree or dislike without being disrespectful/judgemental/closed-minded.

As for the idea of doing it for yourself vs attention, of course I love the attention my tattoos get when I choose to show them (most of mine are covered by pants and shirts), but I don't get them for that purpose.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline brents319

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »
Uh, if the woman is hot enough a face tattoo is doable.  LOL.  Seriously though, hotness trumps tats all day long in my book.  All about their overall look and what works for them.