Evermind's Third Roulette v. Final Round Results

Started by Evermind, January 28, 2019, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethean

Which song had the first impression that your friends told you it was djent?

Sacul

TAC

Quote from: Lethean on February 12, 2019, 11:11:42 AM
Quote from: TAC on February 12, 2019, 10:58:04 AM
The "I've had enough of idle reverie" line in Landmines gives me chills. Just amazing.
+1  I really love that part of the song.  I'm struggling with the Rishloo album that it's on, but will always love the end of that song.

Yeah, LordCost sent that to me in my roulette, and let's just say the album didn't have the same effect on me as the song. :lol
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Kwyjibo

Quote from: Luoto on February 12, 2019, 11:41:17 AM
Quote from: Kwyjibo on February 12, 2019, 11:18:32 AM
And if you check out Communic, definitely listen not only to Waves but also to Conspiracy in Mind, which imo is even better.

Waves is their best album for me, followed by Payment of Existence and Conspiracy in third. While it's by no means bad the songwriting and performance on Conspiracy just isn't as mature. It has Silence Surrounds though which is simply superb (I like History Reversed and The Distance too).

I think Payment is a big step down from the first two, and Conspiracy is full of energy that Waves sometimes lacks, but that's tastes.  ;D So evermind, don't listen to me, listen to him.  ;)

Have you heard The Bottom Deep or Where Echoes Gather? Are they any good?

Tyrias

Well, still in second place, so I'm not complaining too much. I too like Midaftinn slightly more than Lighthouse, though I would probably score it slightly higher than you did.

Now let's see if I have anyting from 2018 that's not banned.

The Walrus

Reading the other write-ups...

Quotebecause this is exactly the kind of dark progressive metal music that was all over my latest Top 50 Albums Thread. Need, Wolverine, Evergrey, Vanden Plas, those kind of bands

Fuck me, I am going to BOMB this roulette. I should have done all my research beforehand  :lol The only song I know in the ones that scored best (except Toto) is Rishloo's Landmines and I really like that song.

I'm going to have to send stuff I'm not crazy about if I want to advance. So, you're getting some landmines for real  :lol

senecadawg2

Wow, I'm really not playing like someone who deserves immunity at this point  :lol Gonna have to figure something out in the next couple rounds.

Also, I wouldn't give up on Alcest just yet. They do have a lot of heavier, darker songs than the one I chose, which sounds like what you might have preferred.

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Tyrias

Quote from: Tyrias on February 12, 2019, 12:16:44 PM
Now let's see if I have anyting from 2018 that's not banned.

Apparently, I don't. Well, it's nice that themes are optional :lol.

Indiscipline

And in a shocking and revolting development, I sent a 2018 song!

The Walrus

LordCost

Quote from: TAC on February 12, 2019, 12:03:34 PM
Quote from: Lethean on February 12, 2019, 11:11:42 AM
Quote from: TAC on February 12, 2019, 10:58:04 AM
The "I've had enough of idle reverie" line in Landmines gives me chills. Just amazing.
+1  I really love that part of the song.  I'm struggling with the Rishloo album that it's on, but will always love the end of that song.

Yeah, LordCost sent that to me in my roulette, and let's just say the album didn't have the same effect on me as the song. :lol
Landmines was the first song I liked of the album and that helped me to try again the rest of the album, it was a grower for what I remember. Just A Ride is another fantastic song on par with Landmines, while Dead Rope Machine and Dark Charade follows closely those two in my ranking and they are still excellent.
Those are all the songs that end with a climax, and even if I recognize that they used a lot this trick I don't care because they are all so good.

Feathergun In The Garden Of The Sun and Katsushika are other Rishloo songs I frequently have in rotation from their previous album Feathergun, you can also give a try to them. I thought about changing Rishloo song this time, but it was a good choice in the end to persevere with the good old Landmines.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Evermind

Quote from: Lethean on February 12, 2019, 11:49:57 AM
Which song had the first impression that your friends told you it was djent?

VOLA - Smartfriend, which was what Elite sent at the time.

Quote from: Elite on February 12, 2019, 12:46:42 PM
so, I'm out?

Unfortunately, yeah.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

Lethean

So it was rejected because people told you it was djent?  Or Elite could just tell from that comment that it was his and it was going to get a bad score so he swapped it?  Hmm...

Crow

i think ev mentioned he'd already listened to that album a decent bit

The Walrus

Evermind

Yeah, "it's djent so try again" was a joke impression, I knew that album because I was spinning it quite a bit in preparation for Bent Knee / VOLA / Haken gig.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Sacul

The Walrus

Evermind

I need one more song. Listening begins today on my commute from work.

This round will probably take a little longer as I have Delain gig on Saturday and then I'm flying to Hamburg for a five-days vacation, from Monday to Friday. We'll probably do first impressions and hangman before that, but results may have to wait before next weekend.

wolfking

That's me.  Just doing some work here at home and will send something in an hour or two.  Not a clue what though.

Evermind

All good, man, it wasn't even 48 hours since the results were posted.

Just realized tomorrow is the day Moonglow comes out... there is a certain chance I'll be listening to that instead of the roulette songs. We'll see!

The Walrus

Crow

Quote from: Kattelox on February 14, 2019, 08:39:36 AM
You aren't allowed to hear Moonglow till you post results  :metal
And thus, Katt was instantly eliminated.

The Walrus

Evermind

Quote from: Kattelox on February 14, 2019, 08:39:36 AM
You aren't allowed to hear Moonglow till you post results  :metal

You're allowed to fuck right off. :biggrin:

I did listen to the songs today, but as I put the playlist on shuffle, I have no idea which song was which. A lot of variety in this round again.

The Walrus

lonestar

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

lonestar

Just cause I'm eliminated doesn't mean I can't troll. If anything, elimination frees me...