Author Topic: Evermind's Third Roulette v. Final Round Results  (Read 68859 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Evermind's Third Roulette v. Final Round Results
« on: January 28, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »
Hello and welcome to the third edition of my roulette!

Foreword

I’ve ran two of these before, in 2015 and 2016, and both were a lot of fun for me—and hopefully for the participants too—and I’ve discovered a lot of incredible music thanks to you guys. A lot of people who still frequent GMD board and play roulettes were there for my second one, as we had something close to 18 players, later culled down to 12. Now that three years have passed since that, there are a lot of new faces on DTF and in the roulette crowd as well, and I hope you guys will give this one a shot.

That being said, I’ve learned a few lessons from those two roulettes. Last time especially, I was a little too nice to a lot of songs I didn’t end up quite digging, and ended up not quite using a full scale of scoring—probably being too excited for this thing happening so fast after the first one (for those who don’t remember, in 2014/2015 you had to wait for the best part of the year to get to your turn running one of these). The themed rounds were perhaps a little too specific, too.

Roulette Structure and Explanation

Despite the issues above, I felt that format was good, and I didn’t want to modify it too much. The most important part is that I’ll have to be stricter on the songs this time. I feel like this won’t be that much of a problem on my end, but you should know this beforehand. Because of this, there’s no point to compare your song scores with the first two roulettes. I know there was a running joke that anything that’s equal 7.5 and above was “good”, but truth is, almost all the songs ended up getting up 7.5 and above last time. I’ll work on that this time. Which basically means, as Chad is fond of saying, get your big boy pants on and don't be offended with the scores.

Still, there were some problems with the format too. I remember being a bit too music-fatigued for Rounds 5 and 7 (and with the preliminary rounds in last roulette, that made them 7 and 9 respectfully), as they were open and Round 5 also allowed people to send longer songs. To fix this, I’m going to use an optional theme-system for each round of the main competition except the first two; eliminate the rounds with longer length-limits and introduce the special abilities thing which will give people some options; and the final part of the roulette will be changed to the play-off system, which may not be entirely fair, but at least it’s quite interesting to watch and, hopefully, to host. Here’s how it’s going to work in detail, and if you’re too lazy, you can skip this part to the shorter explanation below that (not recommended):

0. Sign-ups

Everyone is welcome to sign-up and play. That means if we get 20 players in the first round, so be it. I don’t really want to turn anyone away, and I’m always bummed when I’m too late to secure a spot in a roulette I really wanted to play in.

Important: the sign-ups will be open until Saturday evening (February 2nd, let's say 11 P.M. GMT).

1. Culling Rounds

The general idea behind those is that I won’t be able to handle 20 players, give or take, for the whole duration of the roulette—that’s simply too much music for me. I commend people who are doing album roulettes, but I don’t think I can digest such a huge amount of content in a week. Unlike my second roulette, this time everyone starts their roulette journey here. There are two culling rounds, and after the second round, the players with the lowest scores are eliminated until only 12 players remain in the competition.

Twist: several invited players will have immunity from being eliminated at this point. Those are either the people I trust enough to know our musical tastes align well, or the people who I’d like to surprise me with the music they’re into. The way the immunity will work depends on the number of players:

-   if there are 15 players or fewer, people who have immunity can’t be eliminated after Round 2; the person next to them on the scoreboard is eliminated instead (the amount of players in Round 3 can’t be higher than 12);
-   if there are 16 or more players, people who have immunity can’t be eliminated after Round 2 (see above), unless they are in the bottom 3 of the scoreboard, in which case they’re out anyway, immunity be damned;

The scores received in the Culling Rounds will still be counted towards you final score. The players who have immunity don’t know who else has it, and no one knows the exact number of immunity PMs I sent out. That means it’s in your best interests to impress the hell out of me in the first two rounds, just in case the person below you on the scoreboard is immune to elimination.

2. Main Competition

After the eliminations are done, 12 players remain to compete in the roulette. The main competition features five rounds. The rounds are essentially open with a fixed length-limit. However, there will be optional themes provided for each round. After Round 7, the players with the lowest scores are eliminated until only 8 players remain in the competition. Obviously, immunity for the previous eliminations doesn’t work here.

Themes: You can choose to participate in the theme for each particular round. The highest scoring themed song in each round will get an additional point to its score.

3. Play-offs

This is where you face each other. Each round has a specific format to it, which will be explained in a bit. The previous scores factor into the seeding (the 1st place is matched against the 8th place, and so on). The winner of each match-up proceeds to the next round, unless only one participant remains triumphant.

Here’s the short version of what’s written above, with the length limits and optional themes and scoring for each round:

Sign-ups: free for all, everyone who joins before the deadline is in

Culling Rounds:

Round 1: Open Round (length limit: 10 minutes)
Round 2: Open Round (length limit: 10 minutes)

Elimination point: 12 highest-scored players remain, except that may not be quite the case (read the Twist part in section 1)

Main Competition:

Round 3: Open Round w/ optional theme: songs from 2018 (length limit: 10 minutes)
Round 4: Open Round w/ optional theme: ballads (length limit: 10 minutes)
Round 5: Open Round w/ optional theme: songs from before I was born (anything up to February 1993) (length limit: 10 minutes)
Round 6: Open Round w/ optional theme: songs with lead female vocals (length limit: 10 minutes)
Round 7: Open Round w/ optional theme: songs with substantial amount of growls (length limit: 10 minutes)

Play-offs

Round 8: Greatest Hits Round (read below)
Round 9: EP Round (read below)
Round 10: Album Round (read below)

Round Details and Scoring

Rounds 1 – 7 will be scored out of 10. During Rounds 3 – 7, you will be able to get bonus points if you send the best themed song in each Round (1 point for each best song). The scores reset after Round 7, affecting your seeding in the play-offs, and then reset after each Round (classic play-off system)

Round 8 requires each one of 8 remaining participants to send a number of songs from the same band, essentially making it a Greatest Hits compilation. The idea is shamelessly stolen from Puppies’ roulette, only I don’t want it to be too long, so the requirements for this are as follows: all songs should be by the same band, the minimum length of the compilation is 30 minutes, the length limit is 50 minutes, and the songs should come from at least three different albums.

Round 9, aka EP Round, requires each one of 4 remaining participants to make an EP for me. You have to use at least three different artists, and each one should at least feature one full “song” (intros and outros doesn’t count). The minimum length is 30 minutes, the length limit is 40 minutes, as it seems to be standard now. Each EP will be scored out of 20. The flow matters greatly here and will be scored separately out of 5. Stealing this mechanic from Puppies and adapting it for the elimination system, the best EP name from each pair of contestants will earn you an additional 1 point (could be just how the name rolls off the tongue or if it’s tied to some story—in other words, it’s simply the matter which one I’ll like more).

Round 10, aka the Album Round, requires the two remaining participants each to participate in this Best of 3 competition. You have to send three albums for me, either one at a time, or all three in a bunch, specifying the order. The first albums from both of you will clash against each other, and the one I like better will earn you a point. Then the second albums will do the same. Whoever wins two of these album battles, wins the whole roulette (standard Best of 3 system). The length limit for this round is 80 minutes. The albums will be scored out of 10.

Tastes

Well, a good way to measure my tastes is to look at my recent Top 50 list of DTF discoveries (also included in “Relevant links” at the end of my post, as well as my first Top 50). But here’s a quick rundown of my favourite bands as of last few years for you if you don’t want to check the Top 50 lists. Draw your own conclusions:

Progressive metal: Ayreon, Beyond the Bridge, Haken, Leprous, Seventh Wonder

Power metal: Avantasia, Kamelot (up to Silverthorn), Blind Guardian, Helloween, Sonata Arctica (up to The Days of Grays, also Pariah’s Child isn’t that bad too)

Classic metal / hard rock: Rainbow (Dio material and 1995, not big on JLT), Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Primal Fear

Progressive rock: Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson, Riverside, IQ, Karmakanic, Phideaux

Older progressive rock: Jethro Tull, Marillion (not a big fan of Rush, Genesis or King Crimson)

Acoustic stuff which could also be progressive rock: Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits, Arstidir, Bjorn Riis, iamthemorning

Growls: Agalloch, Opeth, Insomnium, Ne Obliviscaris, Amorphis

Special Abilities

When you receive your PM from me, you also receive your "set" of special abilities. The "set" will usually consist of one or two of them, and you will probably be able to only use one. I won't disclose the actual things the abilities do, although you're welcome to do it in the thread should you so desire. But here are the names:

Time Shift
Alter Reality
Sympathizer
Raise Hell
Steven Wilson's Wave of Depression
Ragequit Generator
Invincible
You Like it Long
Wordsmith
Fall Apart

Those are meant to be a fun addition to the game (well, except the one that grants immunity, which was already written into these rules, so there's that). They may give you an advantage once during the roulette, but that's it: most of these abilities are only usable once.

Other Rules and Information

-   Best method of submission is to either provide a file or a YouTube link for the song; failing that, give me the song’s name and I’ll look it up. Do not use Spotify which requires me to use VPN which in turn screws up my mobile phone traffic usage;
-   Anything scoring 7 and higher is banned for the rest of roulette;
-   Songs (or albums in case of Round 10) by the same band is allowed, but they have to be different ones; reserving bands for future rounds isn’t allowed;
-   Everyone has one or two special abilities described in your PM. I tried to make them fun and not gamebreaking, but we’ll see how it goes;
-   The special abilities can overrule the rules written in this thread. If in doubt, ask the questions either in thread or via PM;
-   I will confirm your participation (and send out your special abilities) via PM. You might have to wait a day for a PM as I'm not very active here when I'm on my phone;
-   I probably forgot a bunch of stuff, so I will be adding it as we go along.

Relevant Links

Roulette v1
Roulette v2

Top 50 Albums v1 - Overall
Top 50 Albums v2 – DTF Discoveries

I think that's about it? Have fun, and let's make it a fantastic experience!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:02:52 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Third Roulette v. Three Years Older
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 10:54:12 AM »
Play-offs:

Luoto vs. senecadawg2
TAC vs. Indiscipline
Puppies_On_Acid vs. wolfking
LordCost vs. jingle.boy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 12:16:19 PM by Evermind »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 10:54:25 AM »
Banned list:

I’m probably missing a lot here. I probably forgot to add a lot of things I discovered during these three years. If you see something I sent in other roulettes missing from the list, good chance it’s banned.

If you send me something that isn’t in the banned list but I have, in fact, heard, I'll ask you to resend.

AC/DC
Above Symmetry
Absolute Priority
Accept
Adrenaline Mob
Aerosmith
After Forever
Agalloch
Aina
Airbag
Alice Cooper
All Seeing Eyes
Allen/Lande
Almanac
Alter Bridge
Amadeus Awad / Amadeus Awad’s Eon
Amaranthe
Amaran’s Plight
Ambeon
Amethystium
Amorphis
Anathema
Anciients
Angel Dust
Angra
Anneke van Giersbergen
Anthriel
Anubis Gate
Apocalyptica
Arena
Arion
Arjen Anthony Lucassen
Ark
Arkona
Armageddon
Árstíðir
Artificial Language
Aspera
Astra
Astral Domine
Avantasia
Avenged Sevenfold
Axel Rudi Pell
Ayreon
Balance of Power
Beardfish
Beautiful Sin
Be’lakor
Bent Knee
Beyond The Bridge
Beyond the Black
Big Big Train
Bjorn Riis
Black Fate
Black Sabbath
Blackfield
Blackmore’s Night
Blind Guardian
Bloodbound
Bob Dylan
Bodies of Water
Borealis
Boston
Brand New
Bruce Dickinson
Burial in the Sky
Burnclear
Cain’s Offering
Caligula’s Horse
Cans
Carach Angren
Casualties of Cool
Chronos Zero
Circle II Circle
Circle of Illusion
Circus Maximus
Cloudscape
Coheed and Cambria
Conception
Consortium Project
Countless Skies
Coverdale/Page
Crystal Eyes
Crystal Viper
D.C. Cooper
Damien Rice
Damnation Angels
Dark Tranquillity
Daughter
Dave Kerzner
David Bowie
David Gilmour
David Gray
Day Six
Dead Lord
Dec Burke
Deep Purple
Delain
Demons and Wizards
Derek Sherinian
Destrage
Devin Townsend / Devin Townsend Project / The Devin Townsend Band
DGM
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Diabulus in Musica
Dimension Act
Dio
Dire Straits
Dog Fashion Disco
Dragonforce
Dream Evil
Dream Theater
Dvne
Dynazty
Echo Us
Echoes
Eden Circus
Edenbridge
Edguy
Eluveitie
Elvenking
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Enbound
Enchant
Ensiferum
Epica
Epysode
Evergrey
Falls of Rauros
Fanticide
Fates Warning
Firewind
Fish
Flaming Row
Floor Jansen and the Metropole Orchestra
Flying Colors
Forgotten Tales
Frequency Drift
Frost*
Galahad
Gamma Ray
Gary Moore
Genesis
Glass Mind
Gleb Kolyadin
Glen Hansard
Goddess of Fate
Golden Resurrection
Green Carnation
Guilt Machine
Haken
HammerFall
Hardline
Headspace
Hear N’ Aid
Heaven and Hell
Heavenly
Helker
Helloween
Hibria
Holy Shire
IQ
iamthemorning
Ian Anderson
Ice Age
Iced Earth
Ihsahn
In the Silence
InnerShine
InnerWish
Intervals
Insomnium
Iron Maiden
Iron Savior
James LaBrie
Jefferson Airplane
Jethro Tull
Joan Baez
John Illsley
John Petrucci
Jon Lord
Jon Oliva’s Pain
Jordan Rudess
Jørn
Jørn Lande & Trond Holte
Journey
Judas Priest
KISS
Kaledon
Kamelot
Kansas
Karmakanic
Karnya
Katatonia
Keplen Ten
King Crimson
Kingcrow
Kiske / Somerville
Klone
Kompendium
Lacuna Coil
Last Tribe / Free Fall / anything from Magnus Karlsson
Led Zeppelin
Lee Abraham
Leonard Cohen
Leprous
Level 10
Leverage
Liquid Tension Experiment
Lonely Robot
Lord
Lost Horizon
Lost in Thought
Ludovico Einaudi
Lunatic Soul
Lyriel
Magnum
Mandroid Echostar
Marillion
Mark Knopfler
Marketa Irglova
Masterplan
Mastodon
Mattador
Mazzy Star
Mechanical Poet
Megadeth
Metallica
Michael Kiske
Midnight & Jon Oliva
Mind Key
MindMaze
Mind’s Eye
Moonspell
Morifade
Mostly Autumn
Muse
My Soliloquy
Myrath
Myrkur
Mystery
Native Construct
Ne Obliviscaris
Neal Morse
Need
Neil Young
Nevermore
Nightingale
Nightwish
Nocturnal Rites
OSI
Oceansize
October Falls
Odd Dimension
Odyssey
Opeth
Orden Ogan
Orphaned Land
Ostura
Ozzy Osbourne
Pain of Salvation
Pandora's Box
Pantommind
Pathosray
Pendragon
Phantasma
Phideaux
Pink Floyd
Place Vendome
Porcupine Tree
Powerworld
Pretty Maids
Primal Fear
Project Creation
Prospekt
Psycrence
Pure Reason Revolution
Pyramaze
Pyramid Theorem
Queen
Queensryche
RPWL
Rainbow
Rage
ReVamp
Redemption
Ring of Fire
Riverside
Robert Wyatt
Roger Waters
Rolling Stones
Roswell Six
Royal Hunt
Rush
Rustfield
Sabaton
Savatage
Saxon
Scorpions
Secret Sphere
Serenity
Serious Black
Seven Kingdoms
Seventh Wonder
Shadow Circus
Shadow Gallery
Shattered Skies
Shooting Star
Sieges Even
Silent Force
Silent Memorial
Slipknot
Soen
Sonata Arctica
Soulspell
Speaking to Stones
Spock’s Beard
Star One
Steam Powered Giraffe
Steve Hackett
Steven Wilson
Sting
Storm Corrosion
Stormwarrior
Strapping Young Lad
Stratovarius
Stream of Passion
Structural Disorder
Subsignal
Sufjan Stevens
Sunburst
Sun Caged
Susanne Sundfor
Suspyre
Swans
Sylvan
Symphony X
Synaesthesia
System of a Down
Tarja Turunen
Tarot
Telergy
Temperance
Ten
Teramaze
TesseracT
Thank You Scientist
The Answer
The Antlers
The Aristocrats
The Beatles
The Chronicles Project
The Dear Hunter
The Doors
The Faceless
The Flower Kings
The Gathering
The Gentle Storm
The Mayan Factor
The National
The Paralydium Project
The Smiths
The Tallest Man on Earth
The Tea Party
The Unity
The Who
The Wishing Tree
Theocracy
Thought Chamber
Thoughts Factory
Threshold
Thrice
Thunderstone
Tiles
Timo Tolkki’s Avalon
Toehider
Tool
Tori Amos
Trail of Murder
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Transatlantic
Triosphere
Triumph
Tuomas Holopainen
UFO
Ultar
Unisonic
Van Canto
Van Halen
Vanden Plas
Vandroya
Vanishing Point
Vision Divine
W.A.S.P.
While Heaven Wept
Whitesnake
Wilderun
Wind Rose
Wintersun
Wishbone Ash
Within Temptation
Wolverine
Yanni
Yes
Yngwie Malmsteen

Solstafir
Anabasis
The Michael Schenker Group
Lords of Black
BADBADNOTGOOD
Woods of Ypres
Spandau Ballet
Thumpermonkey

Communic
Rishloo
Goldfrapp
Atlantean Kodex
Scar Symmetry

Oh Hiroshima
Talisman
Damnation's Day
The Ocean
Lost Domain
The Windmill
Fireproven
Cosmo Sheldrake

Eastern High
Starsailor
Phoebe Bridgers
Celesty
Sons of Seasons
Dreyelands

The Protomen
Barren Earth
Waysted
Running Wild
Blessed by a Broken Heart
Skid Row
Cloud Cult

Mike Oldfield
Jinjer
Indica
Ethernity
Soilwork
Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Daydream XI
Equilibrium
Euphoreon
Wormwood

Manfred Mann's Earth Band
Cigarettes After Sex
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:58:58 AM by Evermind »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 11:17:50 AM »
I definitely don't have time to read the huge OP right now but I'm very in, ready to be kicked out in the first culling round again  :metal

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:26:09 AM »
I’m ready to send harsh noise.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 11:28:44 AM »
I'm sending exclusively native construct in rounds 1 thru 7

And my greatest hits album will be, of course, djent

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 11:33:05 AM »
I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks so I will sit this one out, but I will be following.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »
Sign me up.

Is the sign-up deadline for real? That's almost 5 weeks away.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 12:12:35 PM »
Nah, for some reason I thought it's February already. :lol Should be good now.

I'll send your PM tomorrow, already turned off my PC so I can't access the ability list.

Parama and Elite, you should have your PMs in.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 12:24:59 PM »
I'm in if you'll have me.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »
I won't be able to read the long post until later, but it's been a while and I'd like to give it a go.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 12:40:01 PM »
I'm ready to lose to Seneca.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »
EDIT: Wait. Just perused ban list. I am fucked. I'm gonna spectate this one. I need time to look into all my roulette findings anyway  :lol
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:41:20 PM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »
I'm ready to lose to Seneca everybody.

I'm in Ruslan!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »
Even though I'm typing this with my make-up still on, I really want to find the time fo this.

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »
I  think I'll play, haven't done one of these on a while (and it's only going to be two rounds for me anyway :P).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 04:21:32 PM »
Even though I'm typing this with my make-up still on

Trying to grease the host already?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 04:26:33 PM »
:jessica:

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 05:49:22 PM »
I'm ready to lose to Seneca.

Yeah right lol, I've been listening to nothing but Bob Dylan since the last time I played in a roulette.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 08:19:32 PM »

-   reserving bands for future rounds isn’t allowed;
This rule is definitely because of me  :biggrin:

That said, I'm totally in, if you'll have me. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 09:42:43 PM »
EDIT: Wait. Just perused ban list. I am fucked. I'm gonna spectate this one. I need time to look into all my roulette findings anyway  :lol

Come on, it's not that bad. Fairly sure Puppies had more bands on his list.

-   reserving bands for future rounds isn’t allowed;
This rule is definitely because of me  :biggrin:

That said, I'm totally in, if you'll have me. :corn

There's also a special ability that's there because of you. :biggrin:

That's 10 people in already, looks good. :tup I'll send out the PMs this evening.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »
I fear that I might end up sending the same stuff I've sent in other roulettes and I don't want to be 'that guy'  :lol but since you called me out I'm obliged to. Game on! Ready to get the boot.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2019, 10:05:12 PM »
I'll give this a try if you'll have me  :P

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 01:53:48 AM »
I've never done this and after seeing the banned list I have only boring music left to send, but if you will have me, I'm ready to play the first two rounds.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 02:42:52 AM »
Added you guys, that makes it 13 people. :tup

I've never done this and after seeing the banned list I have only boring music left to send, but if you will have me, I'm ready to play the first two rounds.

Who knows, maybe you'll do well!

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 03:27:10 AM »
Yeah, maybe. But if I go out early I can at least say "I told you so!".  :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2019, 04:39:33 AM »

Glad to have you in one of these.  You might just surprise yourself once you really start comparing your library against the banned list (and this goes for Katt too).  There's invariably 10 excellent bands/songs in your grasp that aren't banned.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2019, 04:45:28 AM »
I don't have time and am kind of over roulettes but fuck it.  No thought will be going into this but count me in.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2019, 04:52:45 AM »

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2019, 05:18:50 AM »

Glad to have you in one of these.  You might just surprise yourself once you really start comparing your library against the banned list (and this goes for Katt too).  There's invariably 10 excellent bands/songs in your grasp that aren't banned.

Yes, it's all stupid banter. When I play, I play to win, so beware.   ;)

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2019, 06:32:02 AM »

And, at least for me, playing in roulettes often makes me rediscover awesome stuff I hadn't listened to in a while, especially when all the obvious choices are already banned.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2019, 06:49:14 AM »
Can I send songs in german?

Ok, obviously I can send what I want, but would you listen to them?

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2019, 09:37:22 AM »
Can I send songs in german?

Ok, obviously I can send what I want, but would you listen to them?

In theory, I'm not opposed to the songs in different languages. Something like this is great:

Árstíðir - Síðasta kveðjan

However, if I happen to not like your song, the non-English language may work against it. Overall though, I haven't had enough experience with songs in other languages to really say. It may work, it may not. I definitely would listen to them though.

Working on those PMs now.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2019, 10:27:48 AM »
All 14 people signed up so far should have their PMs in. While the signups are still open, you can already submit for the first round if you feel like it. The official start of the Round 1 is on Saturday while we're waiting for other participants.

Ostura and Pyramaze were added to the banned list, thanks Chad.