Author Topic: Evermind's Third Roulette v. Final Round Results  (Read 69806 times)

Offline Lethean

So far, only one song was rejected and one was very close to be rejected, but hey, I don't want to get BABYMETAL.

Hmm maybe I should take advantage of this.  Evermind, I'm sending you Katatonia.  Better not reject it or you get Babymetal...

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
:lol

To be fair, it was a band I've heard one album from once or twice and didn't remember it at all. And the song RJ picked was from their recent album which I haven't heard about at all.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Sent Tim's favourite band.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Sent Tim's favourite band.

Thought Winger was banned.  :neverusethis:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
I mean, the REAL favourite band ...  *giggles*

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hmmm....
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Not sure whether to be relieved or worried that their first album left no stirring impact on you.  :\

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Not sure whether to be relieved or worried that their first album left no stirring impact on you.  :\

Under the threat of BABYMETAL, he's relieved.... definitely relieved.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4

So far, only one song was rejected and one was very close to be rejected, but hey, I don't want to get BABYMETAL.

Hmm maybe I should take advantage of this.  Evermind, I'm sending you Katatonia.  Better not reject it or you get Babymetal...

Lethean sent Lethean by Katatonia.  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Lethean sent Katatonia by Lethean

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Lethean sent 4'33 by John Cage so far, but it's alright, there's still time. I need three more songs. Technically only two people haven't sent anything yet, but I also had to reject one of the songs that came in today.

So far the plan is to post first impressions tomorrow and hangman on Saturday.

Offline Lethean

Lethean sent Katatonia by Lethean

That's a good idea.  I could make my own ode to Katatonia.  Of course it would be awful because I'm not a songwriter and can't sing, but those are minor details. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Lethean sent Native Construct - Mute

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Sent Haken - Cockroach King

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
I'm really ready for hangman  :corn
Wanna see what crappy songs I'm getting cut in favor of

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm really ready for hangman  :corn
Wanna see what crappy songs I'm getting cut in favor of

:hat
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Lethean

Sent. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Evermind's Third Roulette v. It's my time to feel the pain (Round 2 Impressions)
« Reply #297 on: February 08, 2019, 08:31:26 AM »
Still waiting for one participant, but here are the first impressions before I head out to a local bar. I'll post hangman tomorrow, as I don't see the point to post it now while I can't update it.

I expected something more forceful than this, but I guess they say “fucking” in the chorus, so it counts?

This reminds me of some promo albums I’ve received while writing for LOMM, except better executed—which, to be honest, isn’t a high bar to set. Not sure what I think of this yet.

I’m not convinced by what transpires in the middle of the song, but the ending is ridiculously good, the most memorable thing in this round so far.

Each minute I was expecting clean vocals to appear, and they didn’t! This is… salvageable.

Each minute I was expecting growls to begin, and they did! This was somewhat engaging.

Well, that certainly was a handful.

Each minute I was expecting growls to begin, and they did! This didn’t work at all.

Each minute I was expecting growls to begin, and they didn’t! This is great.

Interesting ballad-like storytelling, and definitely the coolest song title in this batch.

It’s as if someone is singing a lullaby while another guy decided to practice his black metal guitar technique in the background, taking breaks every now and then.

Wait, they had other songs this whole time?

This definitely has potential, although I feel the singer isn’t doing this song justice.

While this is pretty inoffensive, especially compared with some other songs here, I’m not sure it offers anything more than that, at least after one listen.

Man, this might rival Spandau Ballet in how deliberately sweet this is.

My friends on DTF have already told me this is djent, so you’ll have to try again.

This is beautiful. One of two songs this round that sent shivers down my spine on the very first listen. I’m fairly sure you should start planning your strategy for the next five rounds.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, I’ve got your strategy here.

A lot of songs in this round have this cheerful, happy vibe I’m not exactly a fan of. Either this one will grow on me, or you’re going to be disappointed in the score.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:39:55 AM by Evermind »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I hope mine is the one about how beautiful it is, otherwise... it was nice playing for 2 rounds.   :lol

Offline senecadawg2

I see 6 potential comments that could refer to mine, most of them either neutral or negative
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
This reminds me of some promo albums I’ve received while writing for LOMM, except better executed—which, to be honest, isn’t a high bar to set. Not sure what I think of this yet.

Each minute I was expecting clean vocals to appear, and they didn’t! This is… salvageable.

Each minute I was expecting growls to begin, and they did! This was somewhat engaging.

Well, that certainly was a handful.

Each minute I was expecting growls to begin, and they did! This didn’t work at all.

0.5/10  :metal

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Okay, mine is the "fucking" one.  ;D :metal ;D Although mostly it's "futile" and only once the other f-word. And yes, they have a lot of more forceful songs, but only a few are better than this one.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Lethean

I can eliminate a few, but what's left could still be good or bad.  Mine needs to do really well and probably someone at the top needs to score poorly in order to stay in.

Online Luoto

• Wandering midget
Interesting ballad-like storytelling, and definitely the coolest song title in this batch.

Well this could fit...
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Mine could be:

I’m not convinced by what transpires in the middle of the song, but the ending is ridiculously good, the most memorable thing in this round so far.

It’s as if someone is singing a lullaby while another guy decided to practice his black metal guitar technique in the background, taking breaks every now and then.

Wait, they had other songs this whole time?

This definitely has potential, although I feel the singer isn’t doing this song justice.

While this is pretty inoffensive, especially compared with some other songs here, I’m not sure it offers anything more than that, at least after one listen.

This is beautiful. One of two songs this round that sent shivers down my spine on the very first listen. I’m fairly sure you should start planning your strategy for the next five rounds.

A lot of songs in this round have this cheerful, happy vibe I’m not exactly a fan of. Either this one will grow on me, or you’re going to be disappointed in the score.

If I had to put my money on something, it'd be "If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I've got your strategy here."

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Pretty certain I can safely scratch:

'fucking'
all of the growl comments
handful
singer not doing it justice
other songs this whole time
all comments hinting at metal
ain't broke

Which leaves about 4 or 5 left that could be mine, and I'm hoping :lucien: it ain't the 'gonna be disappointed' comment.

I'm gonna aim for Spandau Ballet, but there's a definite chance I'm gonna be disappointed.

Offline Lethean

What's LOMM?

I've also never heard of Spandau Ballet, but I do recognize the song Google chose.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Lady Obscure Music Magazine

Also, I've got another song and it's rejected again, I'm now realizing my banned list is full of holes.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :facepalm:

Offline Tyrias

These four are the only one's thatcould conceivably apply to my song, and I'm hoping it's one of the bold ones. All in all, I've got a good feeling about making it to the main phase. Though I'm pretty sure I'd fail hard in the last 3 rounds, should I make it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Evermind is high if he doesn't like Voyager.  :hat

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
can't believe me and ev are both high as heck right now

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm thinking I am going to be disappointed.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I've only seen a 2 score once.  Parama,  Aim lower!! :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i sent a 16-minute death metal song, so you can't tell me i ain't trying