Author Topic: Evermind's Third Roulette v. Final Round Results  (Read 69635 times)

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
Nice, I'm very happy with that score. I actually haven't really been a fan of Swallow the Sun until their latest album, which that song is taken from. Their previous stuff is a bit hit and miss.

I'm also happy that Sólstafir song got such a high score, great track. Anabasis sounds pretty good as well.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, 5.5, okay then.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Wow, 5.5, okay then.

Actually... given the way that Ruslan is using his 10-point scale, I can see where he's coming from.  I gave it a 9.1 though, so I do think he's daft.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hey, The Anabasis... what's KNH up to these days? That was his project right? MP Forum folks remember...

I think TAC specified it wasn't Barry's band, but a different project not related to him.

Correctumundo!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Lol, well that was fun :lol

You're 1.5 points away from the cut-off line, with my current method of scoring I'd say you still have a fair chance to make it through.

Oh, that’s not too bad actually. I was almost tempted to send ridiculous avant-garde just to get you to listen to that, but I might try to wow you with one fantastic song.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Round 2 sent!

Harsh vocals incoming!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
That Slushii song that Kat sent in my last roulette came on my shuffle earlier today and I was almost tempted to send that to Evermind, but I have no clue if he even likes EDM type stuff.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
That Slushii song that Kat sent in my last roulette came on my shuffle earlier today and I was almost tempted to send that to Evermind, but I have no clue if he even likes EDM type stuff.

Good lord I love that track. Soooooo chill.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Wow, 5.5, okay then.

This kind of reaction makes me feel bad for wanting to use the full spectrum of scores because really 5.5 is still in the upper half and in my mind it's not that bad. Unless it's Judas Priest.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Sent round two, one of my bigger guns I was saving for later. Kick this one back to me and you'll pay dearly in my resend.

BABYMETAL, amirite?

For the resend, yes.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent round two, one of my bigger guns I was saving for later. Kick this one back to me and you'll pay dearly in my resend.

BABYMETAL, amirite?

For the resend, yes.

Dear God Ruslan... If you love yourself, you’ll accept his first submission.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
If you send babymetal I could outscore at least one person in round 2 :metardica:

Offline senecadawg2

Sent
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
and sent, going out in a blaze of glory (1.5/10 this time)

• DTF.org Member
That's ambitious :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

You sent Jon Bon Jovi?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
I sent Judas Priest + Winger

• DTF.org Member

You sent Jon Bon Jovi?
I hope he sent Brokencyde
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
my secret is that i sent growls

• DTF.org Member
Brokencyde confirmed
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
br00tal crabcore

• DTF.org Member
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, 5.5, okay then.

This kind of reaction makes me feel bad for wanting to use the full spectrum of scores because really 5.5 is still in the upper half and in my mind it's not that bad. Unless it's Judas Priest.

Yeah I guess.  But when other songs are getting 9, 5.5 isn't  the most impressive score haha.  Onto round 2.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
you're over here complaining about a 5.5 meanwhile i'm over here with my 2 just rockin' out and enjoying life

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, 5.5, okay then.

Yeah I guess.  But when other songs are getting 9, 5.5 isn't  the most impressive score haha.  Onto round 2.

I mean, your song wasn't bad but I honestly found it to be pretty average. And since 5 is average on that scale, well.

Hopefully you'll do better in Round 2!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
hopefully i do better in round 2  :tup
but probably not

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
Sent.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, 5.5, okay then.

I mean, your song wasn't bad but I honestly found it to be pretty average. And since 5 is average on that scale, well.

Hopefully you'll do better in Round 2!

Yeah mate, it's sweet.  That's tastes for you.  I will try and send in 24 hours.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So long as the our host remains consistent in delivering a range of scores like this for bad-mediocre-good-great songs, I don't think a 5.5 score is as scary like it can be in roulette's where scores are typically bunched between 7-9, with the odd outlier.

Sending shortly.

Offline LordCost

When I scrolled the list and saw the 7/10 approaching so fast I was prepared to the worst, but in the end I am satisfied with the score.
I watched the video of the song once, I don't remember most of it. I just chose the official video as a link to send you the song. I remember the one of the song Wheezyboy and it was creative and well done, while videos for past songs are amateurish and weird.

The style of music they go for is definitely prog rock/metal, but they do it an unique way with respect to contemporaries in my opinion, or maybe I just don't know similar bands.

Sent a well tested song in roulettes :)

Offline Tyrias

Oh yes, I had a feeling that first impression was mine, and I'm glad to see I was right. I was actually at the place where the music video starts off last summer and I turned on that song when we drove away from there on the car speakers through fogs, high cliffs and wide plains, and the three other people I was travelling with were like "This is amazing, and it fits so well with the landscape". Love that song, and while the album as a whole is more metal and post-rocky, it still has a similar atmosphere.

Now I'll try not to blow it in the next round :P.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sent something tried and true and ultimately super happy.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
you sent Jolly? :neverusethis:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, I have thirteen songs, and I need five more, preferably in the next 24 hours. I know Kade said he'll be sending soon. Other folks, I'm going to send you a friendly reminder in PM now, and yes, I know it hasn't been even 24 hours since the results were posted, so no pressure. Just keep it in mind and try to send in the next 24-26 hours. Regardless, the listening begins tomorrow during my morning commute. Results next Wednesday.

So far, only one song was rejected and one was very close to be rejected, but hey, I don't want to get BABYMETAL.

I watched the video of the song once, I don't remember most of it. I just chose the official video as a link to send you the song. I remember the one of the song Wheezyboy and it was creative and well done, while videos for past songs are amateurish and weird.

It's a guy walking around with a box in his hands and singing while all the time looking straight at the camera. When it comes to "fascinated AGAIN" he opens the box and some psychedelic imagery follows. Then on the next "fascinated again!" he closes the box and continues to sing and look. It's just weird.  :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
you sent Jolly? :neverusethis:

I've never listened to Jolly in my life.  :millahhhh