Author Topic: 2019 MLB Thread  (Read 15376 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: 2019 MLB Thread
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2019, 11:49:20 AM »
The Dodgers scored 42 runs in the opening 4-game series against Arizona.  That's as many runs as the other two division leaders in the NL (PHI and MIL) scored in their combined seven games.

The bad news is that the Dodgers gave up 22 runs in the four games, although many of those came in garbage time.

Now it's time to lay some wood to the stinking Giants.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline dparrott

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2019, 09:44:06 PM »
The Dodgers scored 42 runs in the opening 4-game series against Arizona.  That's as many runs as the other two division leaders in the NL (PHI and MIL) scored in their combined seven games.

The bad news is that the Dodgers gave up 22 runs in the four games, although many of those came in garbage time.

Now it's time to lay some wood to the stinking Giants.

Most runs scored in the first four games of a season since 1954.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2019, 05:33:39 PM »
Harper returns to DC. This is interesting.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2019, 10:35:42 AM »
Dodgers starters have allowed 11 earned runs over 33 innings in 6 games (3.00 ERA).

Dodgers relievers have allowed 22 earned runs over 21 innings (9.43 ERA).

Kenley Jansen, who was good in his first two outings of the season, was very shaky last night.  Although he got the save and gave up no earned runs, he allowed two inherited runners to score and gave up an unearned run that was only unearned because he was charged with an error (although I thought the error should have gone to Max Muncy).

Gonna be a long year if this doesn't get fixed ASAP.

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2019, 05:55:24 PM »
A Bosox starter didn’t allow a run! Who had that in bingo?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2019, 11:18:05 AM »
They ran a graphic during Sunday night baseball yesterday that the Dodgers have scored more runs through 10 games than any team in history other than the 1999 Yankees and some team from back in the 1930s.

And Cody Bellinger is out of his mind right now!

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2019, 12:15:04 PM »
I'd like to congratulate the Red Sox on a 3-9 start to the 2019 season. Well deserved.   :heart

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2019, 06:14:51 AM »
I'd like to congratulate the Red Sox on a 3-9 start to the 2019 season. Well deserved.   :heart

Deserved because? Because they were better than the Yankees last year?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2019, 06:18:53 AM »
I'd be alright with my team starting 3-39 if they had a year like the Red Sox had last year.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2019, 09:02:50 AM »

:lol

Got a long way to catch up to 27. And the Sox's farm system is drier than the Sahara. Good luck.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2019, 11:37:52 AM »

:lol

Got a long way to catch up to 27. And the Sox's farm system is drier than the Sahara. Good luck.

Didn't answer the "deserved" part unless that crack about the farm system was supposed to be it?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2019, 12:17:14 PM »
Because as a Yankees fan, the Red Sox can go F themselves. That's why.

All in good fun. A lot of my closest friends are Red Sox diehards.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2019, 09:51:49 AM »
That Sox / BJ's game last night tho....

My GF was there. So jelly.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2019, 11:32:38 AM »
Gonna be at Fenway in a couple weeks!

Second time for me.  Anyone wanna recommend a nearby restaurant for dinner before the game.  Keep in mind that I'll have my 15yo daughter with me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2019, 12:45:32 PM »

Second time for me.  Anyone wanna recommend a nearby restaurant for dinner before the game.  Keep in mind that I'll have my 15yo daughter with me.

Boston Beer Works right across the street.

We've been there with my kids plenty of times (they're teens).
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »
Damn someone break up the Mariners! Let's end the current longest streak of not making the playoffs in the 4 major sports!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2019, 01:08:11 PM »

Boston Beer Works right across the street.

We've been there with my kids plenty of times (they're teens).

:tup :tup

Offline dparrott

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2019, 10:53:30 PM »
The Marlins have won 5 straight and are no longer the worst team in baseball.  Their fans are going nuts! haha

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2019, 10:04:10 AM »
The Marlins have won 5 straight and are no longer the worst team in baseball.  Their fan is going nuts! haha

ftfy

Offline pg1067

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »
Cody Bellinger is a mother-f-ing STUD!

In yesterday's game, he gunned a runner at the plate on a slow roller to right field.

He then hit a dinger.

And then, when the bullpen had put what seemed to be a blowout lead into jeopardy, Bellinger threw out a runner at 3rd from deep right field (on the fly).  This happened with one out, so the play ended the inning.  More remarkably, the out at third occurred before the runner who had tagged at third and was trying to score crossed the plate, so the run didn't count.  If you haven't seen this play, check it out.

Bellinger is now hitting .383, with a 1.229 OPS, 19 HRs, 49 RBI and 48 runs scored.

Dude is flat out ridiculous!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2019, 05:08:30 PM »
Damn someone break up the Mariners! Let's end the current longest streak of not making the playoffs in the 4 major sports!

Gee thanks for listening, baseball gods. It's so much more comfortable being in the basement where we belong.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline dparrott

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2019, 10:29:09 PM »

In yesterday's game, he gunned a runner at the plate on a slow roller to right field.

He then hit a dinger.

And then, when the bullpen had put what seemed to be a blowout lead into jeopardy, Bellinger threw out a runner at 3rd from deep right field (on the fly).  This happened with one out, so the play ended the inning.  More remarkably, the out at third occurred before the runner who had tagged at third and was trying to score crossed the plate, so the run didn't count.  If you haven't seen this play, check it out.

Bellinger is now hitting .383, with a 1.229 OPS, 19 HRs, 49 RBI and 48 runs scored.

YES.  If only we had a functional pen. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2019, 10:15:38 AM »

He then hit a dinger.

YES.  If only we had a functional pen.

Well...yeah, but even at that, the Dodgers 36-19, so....

Also, Craig Kimbrel anyone?!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2019, 12:35:14 AM »
Thankfully our bats are good enough to get those wins, like tonight!!!  Down 8-3, win 9-8 with 4 runs in the 9th!!!  :metal :metal :metal

Offline pg1067

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2019, 09:59:28 AM »
Thankfully our bats are good enough to get those wins, like tonight!!!  Down 8-3, win 9-8 with 4 runs in the 9th!!!  :metal :metal :metal

I turned it off after the first HR Urias gave up and went to watch something else with my wife.  When she went to sleep, I flipped to MLB Network and say that it was 8-6 with no outs in the 9th.  I then flipped over to the Dodgers channel and learned that the MLBN "live look-in" was a few minutes delayed, and it was actually 8-7.  I got to see the tying and winning runs score.

That was EPIC!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2019, 05:47:46 PM »
I like Bumgarner, but I just saw the exchange with Muncy after the homer. MadBum, don't be such a pussy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2019, 07:40:53 PM »
I like Bumgarner, but I just saw the exchange with Muncy after the homer. MadBum, don't be such a pussy.

Seriously.  So he watched his ball fly.  Big deal.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2019, 07:44:07 PM »
It wasn't even that bad, honestly. I thought after seeing the headline that it would be much worse.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2019, 09:16:01 AM »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2019, 09:18:09 AM »
Awful. Hope he recovers quickly.

Although he should have had security with him. There are a ton of stories of MLB players being targeted in the Dominican, Latin America, etc., because of their fame and wealth. I don't know who he was with, but based on the article, it didn't seem like he had any bodyguards around him, and that was a huge mistake on his part.

Again, best wishes to him on a speedy recovery.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »

Seriously.  So he watched his ball fly.  Big deal.

Muncy barely even watched the ball.  I can't remember the last guy who was as big a douchenozzle as Bumgarner.

According to Muncy, the exchange after the homer was something like the following:

MB:  Don't watch it.  Just run.
MM:  If you don't want me to watch it, go fish it out of the ocean.

Pure gold!!!  If the Dodgers marketing department has any sense, they'll make 50,000 t-shirts and distribute them next time Bumgarner pitches against the Dodgers in LA.

This article is great:  https://deadspin.com/madison-bumgarner-gets-roasted-to-hell-by-max-muncy-for-1835362515

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2019, 12:47:24 PM »
Big Papi was shot

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/david-ortiz-red-sox-shot/index.html

Stay classy Yankee fans!

Jokes aside, did anyone see the footage of the beating one of the suspects took in the street? Bad idea to shoot a national hero in public.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2019, 07:43:59 PM »
Loved Matt Carpenter's bunt for a double against the shift last night! :metal

Offline pg1067

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2019, 09:32:28 AM »
Loved Matt Carpenter's bunt for a double against the shift last night! :metal

I didn't see it, but I love it just based on that description!  Really hope more guys learn how to do stuff like this.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2019, 06:38:49 PM »
I wouldn't believe a single fucking word coming out of the Dominican press conference today regarding the Ortiz shooting.