Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3 is Coming!  (Read 5366 times)

Offline kaos2900

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Ghostbusters 3 is Coming!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »
Wow, didn't realize one was in development. I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »
Hmmm...the original was fun (keeping in mind that I was 16 or 17 when it came out), but I don't recall thinking much of the sequel.  Not sure how I feel about this.  If they modernize it, it will likely be crap.  If they try and keep the same style as the original, it might seem outdated.  Obviously, a lot will depend on who the ghostbusters are.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 02:05:22 PM »
There are few things that have me optimistic.

1. It's not connected in any way to the dreadful all woman version from a few year back.
2. Jason Reitman is co-writing and directing
3. It's a direct continuation set in modern days so it won't try to be something it shouldn't.

Now obviously it could still suck but it appears that it's off to a good start at least.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 02:11:36 PM »
Reitman tweeted the teaser and said 'found the keys'. Aykroyd then retweeted him and said if it needs a tune up he knows who to call.

At best, I could see Aykroyd and Hudson in it. Murray is a total wild card.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:17:48 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 02:48:01 PM »
No way it will live up to the hype. But still, one can dream  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 02:49:19 PM »
WHERE IS MORANIS!?!?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »
WHERE IS MORANIS!?!?

He would probably come out of retirement for this.  :lol

As long as it has a couple of the guys leftover from the first two, I'm in.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 07:09:20 AM »
Aykroyd mentioned a year or so ago that another Ghostbusters was in development and that the script is so good that Murray would have no choice but to come back even if it meant him playing a ghost.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 11:44:35 AM »
Ghostbusters Afterlife Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »

This trailer was infinitely more entertaining than the last movie they released. It actually looks like it could be good.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 12:08:59 PM »

This trailer was infinitely more entertaining than the last movie they released. It actually looks like it could be good.

:lol  I...I agree!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 12:13:11 PM »
That little girl (wasn't aware she was a girl til I looked her up) looked SOOOO familiar and I couldn't place it.

Then it finally hit me. She looks like the 3rd grade friend Ernie from Billy Madison.

But yea, looks ago. Looks like Stranger Things. We'll see.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2019, 03:16:14 PM »
Trailer was killer!

I ain't afraid of no ghost!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline T-ski

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 08:05:55 AM »
I'm intrigued. Hope it doesn't suck.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 08:12:42 AM »
I think it looked awesome...touching on the original, but with a new cast.  I love the idea that the world kind of forgot about the Ghostbusters.  The movie looks like it has more of a horror vibe than a straight-up comedy, at least from this trailer. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 08:18:22 AM »
Ghostbusters 3: Stranger Things. That's what I thought after watching that trailer.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »
Ghostbusters was always sort of silly to me and never resonated like it did with most.   So for me, this is ho-hum.

It's also a chance to say "Hollywood; WTF?" 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 10:07:30 AM »
Ghostbusters 3: Stranger Things. That's what I thought after watching that trailer.

I noticed that too, which left me a little underwhelmed. As much as I loved Stranger things, I'm getting a little tired of that vibe. I'll probably still go see it, so what evs.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 10:08:10 AM »

I'll take that over the eye roll and "really" I thought to myself when I saw the trailer for the last one.....then the sheer boredom I felt when I watched it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »

I'll take that over the eye roll and "really" I thought to myself when I saw the trailer for the last one.....then the sheer boredom I felt when I watched it.

I think the best thing this movie has going for it is the 2016 movie. Now people will be like "well...looks WAY better than that."

Which is fair, but I would rather judge the movie on its own merits. The fact that someone else tried to make one a few years ago and failed doesn't make this one better. You know?

Maybe it'll be great! We'll have to see.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »
I love Ghostbusters, but the trailer, it did nothing. I'll patiently wait for trailer 2.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2019, 10:56:34 AM »

I think the best thing this movie has going for it is the 2016 movie. Now people will be like "well...looks WAY better than that."

Which is fair, but I would rather judge the movie on its own merits. The fact that someone else tried to make one a few years ago and failed doesn't make this one better. You know?

Maybe it'll be great! We'll have to see.

Well sure. I'm not suggesting that this movie will be 'better' just because the last one was bad. I'm just saying this trailer peeks my interest.....Spangler's granddaughter discovering his 'secret' liar of sorts......the story could be cool. The 2016 movie was atrocious from the word go.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 12:00:15 AM »
I'm getting tired of Stranger Things kids showing up in these, for lack of a better term, nostalgia pieces. I don't mean that negatively, but it seems to be: "Something from the 80s? Let's put Stranger Things actor in there."

And it's Finn, he's my least favorite actor from ST.

Paul Rudd's in it, so it can't be too bad right? I'm looking forward to it. Good popcorn flick for the summer
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 05:22:53 AM »
Is that a thing?  I don't watch Stranger Things, and what little exposure I've had to it, no desire. 

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 02:19:48 PM »
Ya know, actually it isn't, it just feels like it to me. Finn was in the IT movies series and now Ghostbusters. Maybe I'm missing some, but to me it feels like they're everywhere.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2019, 04:40:11 PM »
Ya know, actually it isn't, it just feels like it to me. Finn was in the IT movies series and now Ghostbusters. Maybe I'm missing some, but to me it feels like they're everywhere.

It’s no different from when Molly Ringwald, Emelio Esteves and the other brat pack crew were in everything in the 80’s. He’s one of the ‘hot’ kid actors right now.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2019, 05:27:29 PM »
I wasn’t around for that, but watching them nowadays I could see where maybe it’s the same perception that I have today.  :lol
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2019, 07:15:29 AM »

It’s no different from when Molly Ringwald, Emelio Esteves and the other brat pack crew were in everything in the 80’s. He’s one of the ‘hot’ kid actors right now.

That's the way it goes; a couple years ago, it was Scarjo; she was every where.  Then Margot Robbie was the "IT GIRL", in with Scorcese, Tarantino and the obligatory big tent superhero blockbuster.  It's a cycle.  (And I don't say this to complain, just observe). 

Offline Adami

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2019, 07:17:14 AM »
I think the difference here is that the kid is doing almost entirely nostalgia period piece type things. Ghostbusters takes place today but it's a total 80's nostalgia thing, just like IT (kinda) and Stranger Things. I think that's the main difference, he's not just doing a lot, but he's doing a lot that all feels very very similar and niche.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2019, 07:22:31 AM »
Going on a tangent, since those kids never even lived the '80s anyway, I wonder if they actually even enjoy the timeframe, and they "get" the fascination with that time, or they wonder what the hell we adults find in the '80s  :lol

I mean, acting is a job, if you're cast to play someone in the French Revolution, who cares if you weren't there, act in a period piece. But the '80s for those young kids are basically a period piece, to them it's distant like to me (born in 1979) Back to the Future's 1955 was distant and non relatable.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2019, 10:34:31 AM »
I'm confused, are people complaining that he's in a bunch of stuff? Dude is a talented "child" actor. If he sucked he wouldn't be in so much stuff.

Offline Adami

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 10:43:51 AM »
I'm confused, are people complaining that he's in a bunch of stuff? Dude is a talented "child" actor. If he sucked he wouldn't be in so much stuff.

No one is saying that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »

He's talented but I can see why it takes people out of it having the same actor basically playing the same role in 3 different properties with just a few years in between. His role in this doesn't look any different from It or Stranger Things just based on the trailer. Still, it doesn't necessarily have to be a problem. Some people complain about typecasting but I'm sure this kid would rather take that than nevercasted. :P