Author Topic: Casey McPherson (Alpha Rev/Flying Colors/The Sea Within)  (Read 1002 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Casey McPherson (Alpha Rev/Flying Colors/The Sea Within)
« on: January 16, 2019, 11:19:02 AM »
Casey McPherson, vocalist for prog rock supergroups Flying Colors and The Sea Within, is pleased to announce the release of a new Alpha Rev album entitled ‘Alpha Rev presents Cas.e Sessions, Volume 1.’  Alpha Rev is the singer/songwriters own project that he has spearheaded since 2005.  The album is a collection of songs written over the course of the last two years as part of the singer’s monthly fan-subscription service, The Cas.e Sessions.

You can see the lyric video for the track “My Evolution” here:
https://youtu.be/8wO27qVEym4

After recording and performing with bands for most of his career, Casey McPherson wanted to do something outside the box, a more in-depth artistic look into life for him... so, he started a music and video experience called the Cas.e Sessions. The Cas.e Sessions explores creating songs around a relevant topic or experience and documents the whole process. Every month, the members of the Cas.e Sessions get a new song, a short documentary around the song, and an online live show, which has allowed McPherson to make a record completely independent, fully funded by the members.

Casey had this to say about the song and album:

“’My Evolution’ captures a lot of what I’ve learned from Flying Colors. I also ended up playing every instrument on the recording so that was a fun challenge. You won't know what you're capable of until you try!

I didn’t intend to release the Cas.e Sessions Volume 1 to the general public, just to the Cas.e Sessions members, mostly because I recorded each song in a day and wasn’t thinking about how it would be received. Maybe that was a good thing? Looking back, I’m very proud of the journey it takes you on!”

The album is available now on digital services and download here: https://alpharev.com/album/914652/cas-e-sessions-volume-1-music

Tracklisting:
1.Changeling
2.My Evolution
3.I’m a Refugee
4.White Matter Recess
5.Everyone’s Charade
6.You Are the Peacemakers
7.Song of Aleppo
8.Write Your Name
9.Help Me
10.Stillness for Humans

Casey McPherson is a singer/songwriter who began his recording career with the band Endochine in 2004.  A year later he formed Alpha Rev and found success in the pop/alternative world with that band’s second album New Morning and that album’s title track. “New Morning” was added on VH1, and it became a top 10 hit on the AAA radio charts, as did “Sing Loud” from the 3rd record “Bloom.”

In 2012, he was approached by Flying Colors manager Bill Evans at the suggestion of drummer Mike Portnoy, who was a fan of McPherson’s band Endochine.  The singer joined Portnoy, Neal Morse, Dave LaRue and Steve Morse in Flying Colors, who released their debut album in 2012 and the follow-up Second Nature in 2014.  This unexpected entry into the world of progressive rock introduced McPherson to a whole new audience.  In 2018, he recorded a few tracks on the debut self-titled album by new prog supergroup The Sea Within, featuring Roine Stolt, Marco Minnemann, Jonas Reingold, Tom Brislin and Pain of Salvation vocalist Daniel Gildenlöw.  McPherson has since replaced Gildenlöw as the group’s full-time singer.

McPherson will continue to release albums under Alpha Rev and as a solo artist.  He is currently working on an upcoming solo progressive rock album and will perform on the upcoming Cruise to the Edge, Feb 4-9, 2019 with The Sea Within.

Casey McPherson/Alpha Rev online:
https://alpharev.com/
http://www.casesessions.com/
https://www.instagram.com/alpharev
https://www.facebook.com/AlphaRev/

:metal

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Casey McPherson (Alpha Rev/Flying Colors/The Sea Within)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 11:21:07 AM »
If there's anyone here who wants to review his latest album, let me know and I'll hook you up.

BTW, LotsOfMuzik has merged with Sonic Perspective, so, from now on, all our reviews/interviews etc will be published there. Official statement coming in a couple of days.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 11:54:22 AM »
Now you are linked to Nick.

Cool beans.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »
So is this an Alpha Rev follow up to the stellar Bloom or a Casey Solo album?

Regardless, I did not enjoy that song at all. I thought Bloom as album of the year material. Not sure what happened here.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:01:38 PM by kaos2900 »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 03:50:25 PM »
This is Casey solo.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 02:39:47 PM »
Available on CD?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 07:19:13 PM »
Available on CD?

Yes, $15 USD includes the download album too

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 04:16:31 PM »

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 01:10:37 PM »
Update from Casey

Hey there,

Wanted to invite you to RoseFest at the Haute Spot - Austin, Tx - July 17th - Alpha Rev and friends!

Alpha Rev will perform live at Haute Spot on July 17th for an open-air, socially distant benefit concert. Food and drinks will be available! 100% of event proceeds go to the To Cure A Rose Foundation. Together, we can help provide a second chance at life for Casey's daughter Rose, and other children with rare diseases.

​LiveStream on YouTube: (make sure and click the reminder button)

​Buy Tickets Here​

​Bid on Auction Items Here (Mobile browser recommended)

4:00 Doors Open

4:30 Ferera Swan (acoustic)

5:15 Casey McPherson (acoustic)

6:30 Chemical Valley

7:30 Special Guest

9:00 Alpha Rev

A Note from Casey McPherson: Before becoming a father, music was my life. Songwriting and performing around the world was my way of surviving after losing both my dad and brother at a young age. But when I was told I might also lose my daughter Rose, the music stopped. Rose is beautiful, kind, and determined. She’s unique. She has no words, but she tells me what she’s thinking through her eyes. When she’s happy, her laughter lights up the room. When she’s sad, her screams pierce the air. Sometimes, she looks at things I don’t see and cries when life is calm. Rose has a devastating rare genetic disease, HNRNPH2. Children with this disorder struggle to connect to their parents and siblings, to play with kids and attend school, to tolerate sounds and sensations of everyday life. Many of these children degenerate over time. Some die young. Rose can no longer say “daddy”. She continues to retreat into a world I’m not part of. And her life will only get more painful, and may end too soon. But today there is hope. Recent genetic treatments have shown that diseases similar to Rose’s can be stopped, even improved. But the burden falls on me to raise the money and put together the scientists to make this happen in time for my daughter and other children like her.

YOU can help Rose!

GIVE whatever you can at tocurearose.org. No donation is too small (tax-deductible) 2)
SHARE on social media (#ToCureARose and #RoseFest)
ATTEND Rosefest online or at Haute Spot on July 17th and bring your friends! Event proceeds will go to valuable research to create a cure for Rose. The window of opportunity is closing. Our team of experts is nearly complete. Now, we need YOUR help to raise $2 million to fund the ground-breaking work toward a treatment for Rose and other children like her who currently have no hope. Together, we can do this!

Here's the website link for donations

https://tocurearose.org/