General > Movies and TV

TRUE DETECTIVE - Season 3

<< < (13/13)

Shooters1221:

--- Quote from: gmillerdrake on April 09, 2019, 06:31:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: Shooters1221 on April 09, 2019, 03:14:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: gmillerdrake on April 06, 2019, 10:34:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: SwedishGoose on April 06, 2019, 10:29:24 AM ---The seasons are totally separate. You do not have to see season 2 (or season 1) to enjoy season 3.

--- End quote ---

Yep. Fire away on Season 3. Upon further reflection I still stick by my opinion Season 3 is ‘better’ than Season 1.

Season 1 was incredible but it was carried by Mconahay. Season 3 has multiple different characters that are fantastic....both phenomenal seasons and stories but the edge goes to S3 for me.

--- End quote ---

IDK, I'll give the slight edge to season 1..I thought Woody was really good in that too. I think as a whole, the pairing in season 3 was stronger, but the stories for both were soooo strong. :hefdaddy

I didn't hate season 2 and would recommend it.

--- End quote ---

I didn’t ‘hate’ season two either.....it just missed the mark for me. Had that been the first season it’d have been received better I think. Thing is....that first season was SO good that S2 was in a tough spot right off the bat because the comparison to S1 was inevitable...and it fell short of those expectations.

Why I give the (slight) edge to S3 was the way they incorporated telling/showing the story of the Alzheimer’s taking over Hayes. I think it was so well done....especially that final scene....that’s what gives S3 the photo finish victory in my eyes.

--- End quote ---

Definitely agree with you, that last seen was quite thought provoking as a viewer, and as a whole, the Alzheimer’s storyline was an added depth. Great season!! The only reason I give season 1 a nudge above is because they had nothing before it......it was so original and I just find that once something is created, it’s there for improvement or just change which is why I wish S3 was S2, but would S3 be as good if not for them falling a little short on S2? I just want an S4. ;)

cramx3:
Season 1 has star power but I like the story of season 3 better, acting in both are superb either way.  Season 2 was alright.  I didn't hate it, but it was too complicated, sort of like how the last season of West World got too complicated that it takes away from the enjoyment.  I enjoy complicated plots, I like reading about it and analyzing and trying to understand.  I know we all did that here when season 2 aired, but it felt like it was just too much and in the end, the season as a whole was less interesting.  And looking back, I have no desire to ever rewatch it where as seasons 1 and 3 would be great to rewatch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version