General > Movies and TV

TRUE DETECTIVE - Season 3

<< < (2/13) > >>

cramx3:
I didn't watch but I plan on checking it out. 

--- Quote from: gmillerdrake on January 14, 2019, 08:22:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Phoenix87x on January 14, 2019, 07:49:12 AM --- Netflix has spoiled me, where I just want to watch the whole season at once.

--- End quote ---

Totally get it. I think it's spoiled a ton of people. It's nice to be able to watch a whole season of 'whatever'. But, I don't mind going back to the 'normal' way of watching every now and then 

--- End quote ---

I like both, sure it's fun to watch an entire show quickly, but also some shows are just great to watch and over analyze until the next episode.  Game of Thrones is a good one and so is True Detective.  There's typically a lot going on so I like to rewatch and then read into it.  You typically don't take the time to do that when you binge watch and therefore often miss out of the small details.

gmillerdrake:

--- Quote from: cramx3 on January 14, 2019, 09:15:10 AM --- You typically don't take the time to do that when you binge watch and therefore often miss out of the small details.

--- End quote ---

Yep. This is one of the downsides of the binge watch. SO much info. at once it all kind of muttles together and you may miss some of the finer nuances of the writing/acting etc. etc.

orcus116:
Saw the first two episodes and while it's trying to get back to the feel of Season 1 the leads just aren't as interesting as Rusty. The story feels a bit tame at the moment and I'm not really drawn to the backstories. I'll likely check out another episode or two but if it doesn't really pick up I'm not sure I'll continue with it.

Zoom E:
I enjoyed the first two episodes. After the first episode I though they were loosely basing the story on the West Memphis Three case but after the second episode that seemed less certain. Interested to see what develops.

gmillerdrake:

--- Quote from: orcus116 on January 14, 2019, 09:06:08 PM ---Saw the first two episodes and while it's trying to get back to the feel of Season 1 the leads just aren't as interesting as Rusty. The story feels a bit tame at the moment and I'm not really drawn to the backstories. I'll likely check out another episode or two but if it doesn't really pick up I'm not sure I'll continue with it.

--- End quote ---

Aw man....I’m the opposite. Not that I think that there’s a character on the show that’s on par with Rust Cohle.....that was a performance that will never be matched.....but I do think the story is interesting and the actors/actresses are doing an excellent job.

The tone of the show is much better than season 2. I accept the fact that Season 1 is the gold standard to which any season will be compared to....but this season thus far has held it’s own quite well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version