Author Topic: Explain a Concept Album Plot Badly...  (Read 6151 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Explain a Concept Album Plot Badly...
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2019, 01:31:13 PM »
The government conducts drugs tests on homosexuals and African-Americans by lacing cologne and mashed potatoes with a substance that turns them into potato-headed, duck-billed racist stereotypes. They perform a Broadway musical that ridicules two members of the audience, first by urinating on them, then by dragging them on stage and tying them to bondage chairs while an evil scientist resurrects dead celebrities. The two audience members get confused with the fictional portrayals of themselves as a young homosexual boy and a blow-up sex doll respectively. The boy and doll have an electronic baby who sleeps in crab-grass, before the woman reveals that she has a radio device concealed in her hair enabling her to communicate with other women and reproduce asexually. She then has intercourse with her briefcase, before the man realises that as a result he is no longer attracted to women, and adopts a submissive role. The couple leave the theatre happy.

I have no idea what that is, but I know I want to hear it.  Now.
I feel like this could be a Mars Volta album.... Maybe.....
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2019, 03:58:01 PM »
A couple inherits a house that is so fucking haunted a bunch of dudes are camped out there just to tell them not to move into the house. The couple is like, "Fuck off" and then they discover there is a child corpse in the basement which now possesses their unborn baby which is developing wicked quick. The child corpse is also super evil. A ghost tells the husband, "You should kill your wife before the demon child takes over." Weird shit is going down and he's like maybe I should but before he can his wife pushes him down the stairs, ya know, because the demon baby made her and the baby is born which kills her and may possibly be eating the mom or her former child corpse self. The dudes come back and are like, "Told ya so" and ritualistically kill the baby.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2019, 04:12:25 PM »
A couple inherits a house that is so fucking haunted a bunch of dudes are camped out there just to tell them not to move into the house. The couple is like, "Fuck off" and then they discover there is a child corpse in the basement which now possesses their unborn baby which is developing wicked quick. The child corpse is also super evil. A ghost tells the husband, "You should kill your wife before the demon child takes over." Weird shit is going down and he's like maybe I should but before he can his wife pushes him down the stairs, ya know, because the demon baby made her and the baby is born which kills her and may possibly be eating the mom or her former child corpse self. The dudes come back and are like, "Told ya so" and ritualistically kill the baby.

This is King Diamond isn't it?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2019, 04:17:14 PM »

This is King Diamond isn't it?

You know it! :metal

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2019, 04:19:50 PM »
That explains why I had no clue what album that was. :neverusethis:

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2019, 04:28:47 PM »
That explains why I had no clue what album that was. :neverusethis:

Honestly, I just guessed. I never got into KD or Mercyful Fate because I couldn't get passed the vocals, but that plot sounded like a horror movie, and I know enough about KD to know that's his schtick. The music is great, but his vocals are just too much. It's that falsetto.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2019, 04:42:52 PM »
Blah blah blah dragons and swords, blah blah blah Tolkien rip off.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2019, 04:44:14 PM »

That could be any number of Power Metal bands, but I'm going to guess Rhapsody OF FIRE.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2019, 04:44:48 PM »

That could be any number of Power Metal bands, but I'm going to guess Rhapsody OF FIRE.

I basically just did every Rhapsody album. So good job!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2019, 06:16:20 PM »
Ayreon: (1) A planet full of people turn themselves into immortal robofish to escape getting killed by robots. (2) Robofish people make humans to get the feels. (3) One of those robofish people kidnaps, torture, and kills random humans to get the feels. (4) A dude hits a tree with his car and starts trippin', but it turns out to be the robofish guy trying to get the feels again (oh, you!). (5-6) Some lonely guy plays some ultra-realistic VR game before turning into a giant space sperm.

Haken: (1) Man finds mermaid, man exploits mermaid, everybody dies. (2) Guy sees his death and decides to go back in time and kill a 9-year old. Whoopsie!

DT: (1) Guy picks up a guitar, ends up overthrowing the entire government. Whoopsie! (2) Guy goes to see a therapist about some crazy dreams, and the therapist cures him of ever having any bad dreams ever again.

Neal Morse: A guy pins a pamphlet to a door and ends up being labeled a heretic. Whoopsie!

Spock's Beard: Doctors Hate Him!!! This guy heals people with this one crazy trick!

PT: Some guy(?) likes his (?) XBOX so much he (?) ends up killing himself (?).

MCR: A kid with cancer dies. More at 11.

SW: A woman who lives alone does some chores and then eventually dies.

The Who: A kid is just really good at pinball. More 11.

Beyond the Bridge: An old man gets handed a Faustian bargain, but plot twist he's actually read Faust!

Jeff Wayne: Aliens invade Earth, but they all die because they forgot Germ-X(TM).

Mastodon: Something something astral projection something something Rasputin. Honestly, I have no idea.

PF: A rockstar does drugs. More at 11.

TDH: (1) A prostitute gets knocked up. Guess she needs to find a new job! (2) To cope with his prostitute mother dying, a man gets a prostitute. (3) The man goes to war and finds his half-brother and dad! Long story short, he poisons one and steals the other's identity. (4) Man, identity theft is hard! Hey, who's that new guy? He seems cool! (5) Turns out that new guy is a blackmailer.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2019, 09:02:40 PM »
^^ Haha, some of those are really funny.  Whoopsie!  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2019, 09:05:06 PM »
A man becomes human again after being castrated.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2019, 10:37:28 PM »
(2) To cope with his prostitute mother dying, a man gets a prostitute.
well i can't possibly top this

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2019, 02:09:01 AM »
The government conducts drugs tests on homosexuals and African-Americans by lacing cologne and mashed potatoes with a substance that turns them into potato-headed, duck-billed racist stereotypes. They perform a Broadway musical that ridicules two members of the audience, first by urinating on them, then by dragging them on stage and tying them to bondage chairs while an evil scientist resurrects dead celebrities. The two audience members get confused with the fictional portrayals of themselves as a young homosexual boy and a blow-up sex doll respectively. The boy and doll have an electronic baby who sleeps in crab-grass, before the woman reveals that she has a radio device concealed in her hair enabling her to communicate with other women and reproduce asexually. She then has intercourse with her briefcase, before the man realises that as a result he is no longer attracted to women, and adopts a submissive role. The couple leave the theatre happy.

Nope, not Mars Volta, guess again...
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2019, 02:50:00 AM »
-A dude dies and becomes a whiny, jealous ghost.
-A guy hooks up with his ex and things go to shit.

The following 3 aren't linear concept albums, but anyway:
-A guy fails at everything he attempts and finally kills himself. (Remember Homer Simpson's lesson, kids: "Trying is the first step towards failure.")
-A dude goes on a bird hunt with fatal consequences and his mom has to go through the trouble of resurrecting him.
-The guy who created the sky wins a trophy wife in exchange for a money making machine, but she gets killed and he develops a fetish for precious metals.

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2019, 03:36:23 AM »

I've not heard the album but I'm fairly sure thats Thingfish by Frank Zappa?

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2019, 05:03:28 AM »
-A dude goes on a bird hunt with fatal consequences and his mom has to go through the trouble of resurrecting him.
-The guy who created the sky wins a trophy wife in exchange for a money making machine, but she gets killed and he develops a fetish for precious metals.
I'm deceased  :rollin

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2019, 05:12:28 AM »

Is this Skyforger by Amorphis?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2019, 05:18:17 AM »
Are these:

My Arms, Your Hearse
Still Life

By any chance? :biggrin:

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2019, 06:18:56 AM »
The porcine politicians rule, the canine businessman have power, the ovine people just follow along, until rising up against the canines, killing them, then retreating back to their homes.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2019, 06:54:11 AM »
The government conducts drugs tests...

I've not heard the album but I'm fairly sure thats Thingfish by Frank Zappa?

Yay! Well done! You win a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers and a rancid poncho!
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2019, 09:53:53 AM »
I'm deceased  :rollin
My work here is done :biggrin:

Yup, the 2 above it are Amorphis albums too.
Are these:

My Arms, Your Hearse
Still Life

By any chance? :biggrin:
Bingo!

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2019, 11:40:09 AM »

Eclipse and Silent Waters, respectively. Those are gold, Skyforger in particular :lol
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2019, 04:58:23 PM »
One score ago, a seasoned military man instructed some musicians on how to correctly jam, ending in a fatal car crash for some dude.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2019, 03:10:57 AM »
One score ago, a seasoned military man instructed some musicians on how to correctly jam, ending in a fatal car crash for some dude.

Sgt Pepper?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2019, 03:13:41 AM »

:clap:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2019, 08:26:16 AM »

Eclipse and Silent Waters, respectively. Those are gold, Skyforger in particular :lol
Haha, thanks! :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »
The Shape of Water cures everyone.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »
A technologically advanced exiled race attack their home planet which is populated by their kin who are devoid of technology and live harmoniously with nature, until the inhabitants decide to tap into the one thing that can save them from the exiles’s attack: their own technology. This spells their doom as well, as nature’s spirits then wipes out everybody.
Squ

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2019, 01:58:05 PM »
-Life is created on Earth

-Life evolves on Earth

-Life destroys itself and the Earth

Online romdrums

« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2019, 05:44:19 PM »
Two British musicians get baked and write an ocean's worth of gibberish based on a footnote in Yogi Berra's autobiography.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2019, 08:49:42 PM »
Astronaut travels through space, meets some spirits, while his wife cheats on him.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
Two British musicians get baked and write an ocean's worth of gibberish based on a footnote in Yogi Berra's autobiography.
:clap:

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2019, 02:11:13 AM »
Man is spraying some graffiti and sees an animal being lazy in the middle of the street. Gets chased by a wall, has a weird encounter with his brother, has bad sex, can't find his way through a building, meets some snake women, gets his knob cut off, slides down some rapids, his brother has his face.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2019, 02:29:17 AM »
Man is spraying some graffiti and sees an animal being lazy in the middle of the street. Gets chased by a wall, has a weird encounter with his brother, has bad sex, can't find his way through a building, meets some snake women, gets his knob cut off, slides down some rapids, his brother has his face.

Thanks, I've always wondered what that album is about  ;D
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.