Author Topic: Dewa Budjana - Mahandini (feat. Jordan Rudess, Marco Minnemann, Mohini Dey+More)  (Read 903 times)

Offline Kocak

I'm surprised that this doesn't have it's own thread yet.
Apart from Jordan Rudess, Marco Minnemann and Mohini Dey, John Frusciante and Mike Stern also make guest appearances on the album.

Damn, it's a great effort.
Currently on my second roll of the album.

Also, take hint DT, this album has great production!

Offline gzarruk

I saved it on Spotify like a week ago and completely forgot about it. Any highlight tracks to listen first?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Kocak

I saved it on Spotify like a week ago and completely forgot about it. Any highlight tracks to listen first?

I'd say, start with Queen Kanya and the title track.

Offline deggs37

• Big Chungus
Wow! Just listened to Queen Kanya... holy cow that was a fun journey. That bassist is a beast - and only 22 years old! I can't wait to check out the rest of this. I definitely need to hear the track with John Frusciante as I never would have imagined him doing something with Marco and Jordan.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Sounds like I need to check this out.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Didn't wanna create a new thread. Cool project with JR, Mohini, Marco and Jason Richardson:

Went on a wild adventure with Jordan Rudess, Mohini Dey and Jason Richardson
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Just between Dey, Richardson and Minneman, I was totally sold.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
I feel everyone of them is a wizard on their respective instrument while JR might be the Grand Wizard.  :P
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls