Author Topic: 2018/2019 DTF Donation Contest - Support the Forums and Win Cool Prizes!!!  (Read 4141 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
For those who may be newer on the forums, you may not know that since this forum started in 2007, it has been run on a volunteer basis with all of our fees either being paid by me personally or by donations made by forum members.  Although we have not done this in a couple of years, it is once again time for our donations contest.  And this time around, I have lots of cool prizes directly from the band's own vaults (and likely more on the way before this is over).  So I am once again offering prizes for those who donate $10 or more between now and January 15th.

Anyone donating any amount will recieve DTF Alumni status, indicated by green stars/bars under your user name and green user status.  Anyone donating $10 or more will be eligible for a drawing at the end of the contest for one several prizes, including:
-Dream Theater CD's.
-Dream Theater DVD/BluRays.
-Transatlantic Official Bootleg DVD (this is the DVD that is being sold exclusively at the merch booth on the TA Whirlwind tour)
-Systematic Chaos tour book, in brand new condition
-Dream Theater Silver Anniversary poster
-Tour laminates
-Vintage DT tour and Prog Nation tour shirts

Rules:
1.  Donate $10 or more by January 31, 2019 by using the Paypal donation link on the forum
2.  PM me the details of your donation with the words "2018/2019 donations contest" in the title so I can keep track.  (user name, real name, date of donation, amount)

PLEASE NOTE:  You must follow the rules above.  There will be no exceptions.  Somebody a few years ago did not send me the proper information, waited until well after the fact, and did not end up receiving their prize as a result.  I really NEED to clean out my PM inbox because I have over 1,000 PM's.  That isn't your problem; it's mine.  BUT what it means to you if you are donating is that you must PM me accurate details on time with the proper title in your PM or else I might miss your message and it may then end up lost in the PM abyss.  Don't let this be you!   :biggrin:

Whether you donate or not, thank you all for the years and for your continued support of the forum, monetary or otherwise.

FAQ:  "How much should I donate?"  I get this question a lot.  There isn't really a right answer.  I've had single donations of as little as a few dollars and as much as a couple of hundred.  It's up to you.  Every bit helps cover the costs of running this place.  If I had to answer, I guess my "preferred" amount would be $35.  But please don't let that deter you if you want to give and can't give that much.  As I said, every bit helps and is appreciated.  Thanks.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
Re: 2018/2019 DTF Donation Contest - Support the Forums and Win Cool Prizes!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »
I'm in!

This is great opportunity for everyone to get involved and support the forum we all know and love.  :biggrin: (cheesy smile)

Seriously, last time we did this it was great fun and really cool prizes.  Don't miss out.  :tup

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 01:19:24 AM »
Done!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 09:27:35 PM »
Well, I want to do my part. : ) Andy maybe I will get lucky and get a goodie.. I don't have too much yet as I am fairly new into DT.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »
Done. 

I know I'm not around much anymore, but I'm always glad the place is here.  :)
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 01:30:13 PM »
I've been a bit busy for holidays and had not promptly responded to each person who donated.  I think I am caught up now.  If I owe anyone some green stars, I will try to get to that soon.  Thanks for the support!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
I donated, but  didn't get a reply. But I wasn't expecting one. I believe I already have green stars so all is good.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 07:48:01 AM »
I understand that this was overshadowed by the D/T release, which I love by the way, but where are we at with this?

Offline Loggins

• Rocks.
done.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I've been a bit busy for holidays and had not promptly responded to each person who donated.  I think I am caught up now.  If I owe anyone some green stars, I will try to get to that soon.  Thanks for the support!

Do I get any green? :neverusethis:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
So what ever became of this?

2 things:
1.  I need to go back through and tally what we have.  And:
2.  I was thinking about extending it once I see whether I am going to get any cool swag for the new album/tour that I can throw in.

Sorry, I'll try to turn my attention back to this soon.  Thanks for asking.

Apparently there is another thread for this in the general section.  I never really go there so here is a quote from it for those who stay on the DT side too. :biggrin:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
I am purple. I have become Thanoslox!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Oops.  :rollin

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
It was fun while it lasted.  :lol