Author Topic: 2018/2019 DTF Donation Contest - Support the Forums and Win Cool Prizes!!!  (Read 4214 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
For those who may be newer on the forums, you may not know that since this forum started in 2007, it has been run on a volunteer basis with all of our fees either being paid by me personally or by donations made by forum members.  Although we have not done this in a couple of years, it is once again time for our donations contest.  And this time around, I have lots of cool prizes directly from the band's own vaults (and likely more on the way before this is over).  So I am once again offering prizes for those who donate $10 or more between now and January 15th.

Anyone donating any amount will recieve DTF Alumni status, indicated by green stars/bars under your user name and green user status.  Anyone donating $10 or more will be eligible for a drawing at the end of the contest for one several prizes, including:
-Dream Theater CD's.
-Dream Theater DVD/BluRays.
-Transatlantic Official Bootleg DVD (this is the DVD that is being sold exclusively at the merch booth on the TA Whirlwind tour)
-Systematic Chaos tour book, in brand new condition
-Dream Theater Silver Anniversary poster
-Tour laminates
-Vintage DT tour and Prog Nation tour shirts

Rules:
1.  Donate $10 or more by January 31, 2019 by using the Paypal donation link on the forum
2.  PM me the details of your donation with the words "2018/2019 donations contest" in the title so I can keep track.  (user name, real name, date of donation, amount)

PLEASE NOTE:  You must follow the rules above.  There will be no exceptions.  Somebody a few years ago did not send me the proper information, waited until well after the fact, and did not end up receiving their prize as a result.  I really NEED to clean out my PM inbox because I have over 1,000 PM's.  That isn't your problem; it's mine.  BUT what it means to you if you are donating is that you must PM me accurate details on time with the proper title in your PM or else I might miss your message and it may then end up lost in the PM abyss.  Don't let this be you!   :biggrin:

Whether you donate or not, thank you all for the years and for your continued support of the forum, monetary or otherwise.

FAQ:  "How much should I donate?"  I get this question a lot.  There isn't really a right answer.  I've had single donations of as little as a few dollars and as much as a couple of hundred.  It's up to you.  Every bit helps cover the costs of running this place.  If I had to answer, I guess my "preferred" amount would be $35.  But please don't let that deter you if you want to give and can't give that much.  As I said, every bit helps and is appreciated.  Thanks.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: 2018/2019 DTF Donation Contest - Support the Forums and Win Cool Prizes!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 11:26:31 AM »
Sent.  Felize Navidad.  Not gonna clog your inbox with a PM... you know who I am.  ;)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 11:31:41 AM »
Sent.  Felize Navidad.  Not gonna clog your inbox with a PM... you know who I am.  ;)

Similar.

Couldn't give a ton, a sad part of being a grad student working for barely minimum wage.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 11:48:13 AM »
It's also not quite the best time for me, with all the Christmas / New Year shopping and work piled up. I've made a note to do that in early 2019 though.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 12:56:13 PM »
Yeah, I understand the holiday crush.  That's why I have it open to the end of the January.  I can extend it longer if people want to donate a bit later and still be eligible.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »

Sent!

But I did clog the inbox with a PM cuz I WANT A SHIRT!! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 02:04:26 PM »
Sent!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
Donation made :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 01:30:49 PM »
I've been a bit busy for holidays and had not promptly responded to each person who donated.  I think I am caught up now (to those who PM'd me, anyway).  If I owe anyone some green stars, I will try to get to that soon.  Thanks for the support!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »
Green stars?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 09:29:33 PM »
One of the Lucky Charms?

Thanks for setting up the drawing Bosk.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pierrick

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 04:44:16 AM »
some tour laminates as a prize. Interesting. May you be a little more specific please? which tour? Thanks

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
So what ever became of this?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
So what ever became of this?

2 things:
1.  I need to go back through and tally what we have.  And:
2.  I was thinking about extending it once I see whether I am going to get any cool swag for the new album/tour that I can throw in.

Sorry, I'll try to turn my attention back to this soon.  Thanks for asking.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I forgot to donate so that's good news.  I'll do that this weekend.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So what ever became of this? So did I win anything?

;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I forgot to donate so that's good news.  I'll do that this weekend.

Yep, same.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 09:09:17 AM »
Since it seems to be a bit slow around here (at least on the DT side) I thought I'd bump this.  It's been so long, I might give again. :biggrin: :biggrin: