General > General Discussion

2018/2019 DTF Donation Contest - Support the Forums and Win Cool Prizes!!!

(1/4) > >>

bosk1:
For those who may be newer on the forums, you may not know that since this forum started in 2007, it has been run on a volunteer basis with all of our fees either being paid by me personally or by donations made by forum members.  Although we have not done this in a couple of years, it is once again time for our donations contest.  And this time around, I have lots of cool prizes directly from the band's own vaults (and likely more on the way before this is over).  So I am once again offering prizes for those who donate $10 or more between now and January 15th.

Anyone donating any amount will recieve DTF Alumni status, indicated by green stars/bars under your user name and green user status.  Anyone donating $10 or more will be eligible for a drawing at the end of the contest for one several prizes, including:
-Dream Theater CD's.
-Dream Theater DVD/BluRays.
-Transatlantic Official Bootleg DVD (this is the DVD that is being sold exclusively at the merch booth on the TA Whirlwind tour)
-Systematic Chaos tour book, in brand new condition
-Dream Theater Silver Anniversary poster
-Tour laminates
-Vintage DT tour and Prog Nation tour shirts

Rules:
1.  Donate $10 or more by January 31, 2019 by using the Paypal donation link on the forum
2.  PM me the details of your donation with the words "2018/2019 donations contest" in the title so I can keep track.  (user name, real name, date of donation, amount)

PLEASE NOTE:  You must follow the rules above.  There will be no exceptions.  Somebody a few years ago did not send me the proper information, waited until well after the fact, and did not end up receiving their prize as a result.  I really NEED to clean out my PM inbox because I have over 1,000 PM's.  That isn't your problem; it's mine.  BUT what it means to you if you are donating is that you must PM me accurate details on time with the proper title in your PM or else I might miss your message and it may then end up lost in the PM abyss.  Don't let this be you!   :biggrin:

Whether you donate or not, thank you all for the years and for your continued support of the forum, monetary or otherwise.

FAQ:  "How much should I donate?"  I get this question a lot.  There isn't really a right answer.  I've had single donations of as little as a few dollars and as much as a couple of hundred.  It's up to you.  Every bit helps cover the costs of running this place.  If I had to answer, I guess my "preferred" amount would be $35.  But please don't let that deter you if you want to give and can't give that much.  As I said, every bit helps and is appreciated.  Thanks.

jingle.boy:
Sent.  Felize Navidad.  Not gonna clog your inbox with a PM... you know who I am.  ;)

Adami:

--- Quote from: jingle.boy on December 22, 2018, 11:26:31 AM ---Sent.  Felize Navidad.  Not gonna clog your inbox with a PM... you know who I am.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Similar.

Couldn't give a ton, a sad part of being a grad student working for barely minimum wage.

Evermind:
It's also not quite the best time for me, with all the Christmas / New Year shopping and work piled up. I've made a note to do that in early 2019 though.

bosk1:
Yeah, I understand the holiday crush.  That's why I have it open to the end of the January.  I can extend it longer if people want to donate a bit later and still be eligible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version