Author Topic: What movie or series of movies would you most like to see in theaters again?  (Read 1685 times)

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Self explanatory from the thread title.

For me:
Star Wars Original Trilogy in their original form - I've only seen the special editions.

Dark Knight Trilogy - I didn't fully appreciate it's greatness when they were originally in theaters.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Very good question.

Any Kubrick film.

Indiana Jones.

I’ll think of more.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

This may sound silly...but honestly. Any MCU film. They have become my all time favorite film franchise. Surpassing Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, James Bond, or any other classic. 20 films without one “bad” film in the bunch. That itself, to me, has to be one of the greatest achievements in film history. No one has ever even come close to 20 enjoyable films in a row. And they keep getting better.

I own them, but I would go back to the theater to see any one of them.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
I had the pleasure of seeing the Indiana Jones trilogy and Star Trek II Wrath of Khan in theaters during special screenings. That was a while ago, but those would probably be the first films I would choose. I am old enough to only remember seeing Last Cruise in the theater, though I do recall the dinner scene from Temple of Doom. That was all sorts of awesome grossness for 8 year old me.

Years ago I might have said Star Wars Eps 4-6, but I've seen them so many times over the years, in their various versions.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
ALIEN and ALIENS back to back.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Architeuthis

For me:
Star Wars Original Trilogy in their original form -

THIS!    Followed by an official bluray/DVD release which does not exist at this time.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
ALIEN and ALIENS back to back.....
Best post so far.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran

Online faizoff

For me:
Star Wars Original Trilogy in their original form - I've only seen the special editions.

If you are internet savvy and are able to track down the Harmy editions, you are in for a treat.

In case you haven't heard what they are, they are fan restored editions of the original trilogy. It's painstakingly done and continues to be improved, I only watch those. Even though I have the bluray release of the OT, some of the new changes and additions are a bit distracting.

As for the original question, there are a ton of movies I wished I had first seen on the big screen. I do wish I had seen Dunkirk on Imax when it first came out.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline pg1067

For me:

I saw every Star Wars movie in the theater when it was released, but I still would like this.  I'd even see it with the modified versions.

Also, the original Indiana Jones trilogy.  I saw Temple and Last Crusade in the theater but didn't see the original.

I'd like to see Field of Dreams in the theater also (maybe back-to-back with For Love of the Game).  I don't feel like I really appreciated it when I first saw it.  And, not that anyone asked Field of Dreams was a massive improvement on the source material, Shoeless Joe.  I read Shoeless Joe sometime in the last ten years and thought it was really bad.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Ben Hur

Cleopatra

The Ten Commandments

High Plains Drifter

Giant
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I never got to see the Lord of the Rings in theaters, so those films for me.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
I never got to see the Lord of the Rings in theaters, so those films for me.
I'd love to see those on the big screen again too.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
If you are internet savvy and are able to track down the Harmy editions, you are in for a treat.

I've read up on this and been intrigued but not enough to try and obtain them.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Lord of the Rings. I read the books and became a fan a year after RotK came out because, well, I was 12. I tried to live the excitement of going to see brand new Tolkien movies with my friends when the Hobbit movies were coming out, but we only ended up liking about 1 and a half of those so... :corn

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise