Author Topic: The "Strange and/or interesting things" Thread  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
The "Strange and/or interesting things" Thread
« on: December 19, 2018, 06:37:07 AM »
Here goes a thread to discuss a thread dedicated to discussing anything that you may find strange or interesting

So I would like to present Denver international airport, and I am approaching this purely from what you can see when going there. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but there are people that have a field day with this place with theories.

So, as you are approaching the airport there's this huge, blue, red-eyed demonic looking horse. (Which actually killed its own creator when the head fell on him while he was creating it) 

And scattered through out the airport are these pretty wild murals, such as this one

And like I said, I'm not looking at this as a conspiracy theorist. This is just stuff you see as you are passing through. I've been to multiple airports over time and I've never seen anything quite like this. Just found it interesting.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:18:34 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The "Strange and interesting things" Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 07:13:02 AM »
You haven't even  mentioned the underground tunnels and the alleged underground "mini-city" under the airport proper.  Plus, if you look at the airport from directly overhead, it looks like a swastika (missing one arm). 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:16:16 AM »
You mentioned (several times) not being a conspiracy theorist....but what conspiracy theory are you not endorsing here? I honestly just see art that isn't neutral and overly sanitized.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:17:34 AM »
You haven't even  mentioned the underground tunnels and the alleged underground "mini-city" under the airport proper.  Plus, if you look at the airport from directly overhead, it looks like a swastika (missing one arm).

Eh, you can FIND a partial swastika in there, but that is a pretty big stretch.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 07:19:34 AM »

Eh, you can FIND a partial swastika in there, but that is a pretty big stretch.

Oh, no doubt, but there are entire websites talking about the "conspiracy theory" that is the Denver Airport, and that's a part of it.   I'm not developing the theory, here, just alluding to it.   Personally, I don't believe there's any shenanigans, but that's me.  I don't buy into any of that tomfoolery (except for the Deep State, Hillary is a succubus pimping out kids from pizza parlors around the U.S., Obama used television to brainwash us, and airplane exhaust contrails are actually chemical sprays applied by the government to dull our senses and make us more compliant).   

EDIT: Oh, and the Knights Templar - the Holy Grail - Oak Island connection.  Rick Lagina is going to be viewed by future generations as a legend.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:24:56 AM by Stadler »

Online Adami

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 07:21:56 AM »
Listen, as a card carrying member of the Illuminati, I can assure you that of ALL the weird messages we've spread in different places throughout the world, the Denver airport is one  of the few that is just not true.

Now if you guys ever figure out the Lincoln Tunnel one, we'll talk.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 07:28:00 AM »
You mentioned (several times) not being a conspiracy theorist....but what conspiracy theory are you not endorsing here? I honestly just see art that isn't neutral and overly sanitized.

That the whole complex is really an illuminati, New world order, Free mason, secret underground doomsday facility, to harbor the lizard people elites during the apocalypse.

None of which I subscribe to.

I thought that would derail the entire thread, so I didn't bother mentioning it, but you asked.

Online Adami

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 07:31:18 AM »

That the whole complex is really an illuminati, New world order, Free mason, secret underground doomsday facility, to harbor the lizard people elites during the apocalypse.

None of which I subscribe to.

I thought that would derail the entire thread, so I didn't bother mentioning it, but you asked.

Ohhh gotcha. One of our decoy sites. Yes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 07:41:01 AM »
There was the Devil's Pool that had water flowing seemingly out of nowhere (or into nowhere), but that apparently has been solved.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 09:52:58 AM »

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/the-darkest-conspiracy-theories-about-denvers-bizarre-airport-a7808376.html
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 03:40:16 AM »
Not sure if this classifies as "strange and interesting", but I didn't feel it was worth its own thread, so I'll just toss it here.

For whatever reason, I've always found interesting the case of the hijacker known (incorrectly) as D.B. Cooper, reading the Wikipedia article about him when I have nothing better to do:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

I assume he's quite famous, especially in the US; long story short for those who don't know, in the '70s in NW Usa a man registered as Dan Cooper, and later incorrectly identified and therefore made famous as "D. B. Cooper", boarded a plane, alerted through a note that he had a bomb, demanded 200,000 $ as ransom money which was given to him (along with parachutes) at an airport stop, allowed everyone to leave the plane except for the pilots, took off again with the staircase open, jumped off the empty plane into the night and the chilling winds, to never ever be seen again... save for a small part of the money found out a decade later by a kid nearby a river.

Popular opinion is that he did not survive the jump, which was after all very risky and nearly suicidal (jumoing at night from a high altitude with cold chilling winds, way way below 0 degrees), even though no person matching his description went missing in the area and there are contrasting details to the whole thing, such as he being very informed about many details that the average passenger wouldn't know, but yet failing to recognize that one of the four parachutes he was supplied with was a dummy, or what was the technically superior out of the four he was given.

I too think that he was a clever man, a lot clever, but not clever enough to realize how really hard and nearly impossible was the jump from the airplane, and that he died during the freefall. The story also has a kind of a "nostalgic" vibe, it all happened before the modern regulations, before the internet, it feels almost like a period noir piece of adventure.

I don't think the truth will ever be known, but it's frun from time to time to imagine how it could have all gone down.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:03 AM »
The legend of DB Cooper will never die up here in the PNW.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 05:46:25 AM »
I've always found the static discharges in the ash clouds of volcanoes to be pretty interesting.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 10:14:09 AM »
Not sure if this classifies as "strange and interesting", but I didn't feel it was worth its own thread, so I'll just toss it here.

For whatever reason, I've always found interesting the case of the hijacker known (incorrectly) as D.B. Cooper, reading the Wikipedia article about him when I have nothing better to do:

I assume he's quite famous, especially in the US; long story short for those who don't know, in the '70s in NW Usa a man registered as Dan Cooper, and later incorrectly identified and therefore made famous as "D. B. Cooper", boarded a plane, alerted through a note that he had a bomb, demanded 200,000 $ as ransom money which was given to him (along with parachutes) at an airport stop, allowed everyone to leave the plane except for the pilots, took off again with the staircase open, jumped off the empty plane into the night and the chilling winds, to never ever be seen again... save for a small part of the money found out a decade later by a kid nearby a river.

Popular opinion is that he did not survive the jump, which was after all very risky and nearly suicidal (jumoing at night from a high altitude with cold chilling winds, way way below 0 degrees), even though no person matching his description went missing in the area and there are contrasting details to the whole thing, such as he being very informed about many details that the average passenger wouldn't know, but yet failing to recognize that one of the four parachutes he was supplied with was a dummy, or what was the technically superior out of the four he was given.

I too think that he was a clever man, a lot clever, but not clever enough to realize how really hard and nearly impossible was the jump from the airplane, and that he died during the freefall. The story also has a kind of a "nostalgic" vibe, it all happened before the modern regulations, before the internet, it feels almost like a period noir piece of adventure.

I don't think the truth will ever be known, but it's frun from time to time to imagine how it could have all gone down.

Notwithstanding that it's unlikely he survived, didn't the leading "surviving" suspect just die?  Richard someone? 

Offline MirrorMask

Re: The "Strange and/or interesting things" Thread
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »
Wikipedia's list of potential suspect is probably longer than the rest of the article... it's funny 'cause reading through some of them you think "mh, yeah, this is plausible" but then a detail doesn't add up or another suspect is even better.

And yes, even if he's survived, by now he most likely died of old age.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 03:37:33 PM »
The thing with the denver airport is that horses head falling and killing it's creator is just super freaky.  But I don't find the rest of the story of the airport to be that interesting.  And if you've been to the airport, you know you use the underground tunnels for the trams to get between the terminals.  I'm sure there's more of those that aren't in use or maybe there is some secret stuff going on there, but I just don't thinkit's that interesting to start making crazy theories. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 08:29:29 AM »
Anyone watching "The Curse Of Oak Island"?   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 10:42:24 AM »

I've known of D.B. Cooper as long as I can remember (I was 4 when the hijacking occurred), but I've never really known much about the story.  This thread prompted me to read the Wikipedia article, and the thing that really struck me was how casual the article makes the whole incident sound -- especially the part where the plane landed for refueling.  It makes it sound like, in the early 1970s, you could hijack a plane just by asking nicely.  It's a fairly interesting unfinished story, so I may have to look into some of the movies, etc. that have been made over the years.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
LOL, "hijacking a plane by asking nicely" is basically how he pulled it off  :lol

When you read it you feel like you're in a period piece or an alternate reality: someone doesn't show any document while boarding a plane (ok, it was a national and short flight, but still...), drinks liquor and SMOKES in a closed plane, hijacks it by asking nicely as you said it, and opens the back of the plane by himself... it was all a wake-up call to the airplane industry, a "the hell we were thinking?" moment. After this precise incident there were specific security measures to prevent such a thing to happen ever again.

Going on a tangent but it makes you wonder if some slighty more "dangerous" Coopers tried similar stuff, maybe the security measures that by now we take for granted but back then didn't exist would have been implemented in order to make the 9/11 plan impossible... but sadly it takes a tragedy to decide to improve on certain things, like the Titanic one - one has to wonder, what was "better", a gigantic disaster that spelled out clearly "We really need lifeboats for everyone" or many smaller and less deathly disasters scattered over many years without anyone calling for decisive improvements?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 11:12:53 AM »
LOL, "hijacking a plane by asking nicely" is basically how he pulled it off  :lol

When you read it you feel like you're in a period piece or an alternate reality: someone doesn't show any document while boarding a plane (ok, it was a national and short flight, but still...), drinks liquor and SMOKES in a closed plane, hijacks it by asking nicely as you said it, and opens the back of the plane by himself... it was all a wake-up call to the airplane industry, a "the hell we were thinking?" moment. After this precise incident there were specific security measures to prevent such a thing to happen ever again.

Going on a tangent but it makes you wonder if some slighty more "dangerous" Coopers tried similar stuff, maybe the security measures that by now we take for granted but back then didn't exist would have been implemented in order to make the 9/11 plan impossible... but sadly it takes a tragedy to decide to improve on certain things, like the Titanic one - one has to wonder, what was "better", a gigantic disaster that spelled out clearly "We really need lifeboats for everyone" or many smaller and less deathly disasters scattered over many years without anyone calling for decisive improvements?

Definitely a "period piece."  I went on a few flights as a young child and then got on a plane only once until the late 80s.  In 1981, after I had finished 8th grade, my mother and I flew from southern California to Denver, Colorado to stay with my sister and her family for a few weeks.  My mother smoked, and, even though it was only a 2-2.5 hour flight, I was very concerned about being stuck next to someone who smoked on the plane.  I vaguely recall there being a "smoking section" (as though that could make a difference in a sealed tube).  The next time I got on a plane was sometime in 1988 or 1989 and was a result of dating a girl who worked for Southwest Airlines.  By that time, smoking was banned on U.S. domestic flights that were two hours or less, and I recall her telling me that the guy who was president of the airline (who I believe died in the last couple weeks) didn't fly on his own airlines because all of Southwest's flights were short flights that prohibited smoking.

I also very much remember when you didn't need a ticket to go into the gate area at airports.  I recently watched a pre-9/11 episode of Friends in which some of the characters are discussing picking up a boy/girlfriend at the airport and meeting the person at the gate.  Honestly, the current restriction on that sort of thing makes life easier for folks who are just dating!

But yeah, the lax/non-existent nature of airplane security back then is difficult to imagine.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »
Fun fact about DB Cooper (if I am recalling right) Special Agent Dale Cooper of Twin Peaks was given his name in part due to DB Cooper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Horizon_Air_Q400_incident

Regarding airline and airport security... This was big local news, and the island here he crashed is a stone's throw from where my parents live. They heard the F-15s.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 03:40:25 AM »
This one is more on the strange side of things.

Matt Hoffman kidnapped a girl in 2010 in Ohio. But he was obsessed with leaves and his house was covered in leaves inside

https://abcnews.go.com/US/killer-matthew-hoffman-stockpiled-leaves-ohio-home-made/story?id=12877942

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 09:03:44 AM »
Serious question, I wonder what that smelled like.  "Fresh" leaves have a neat smell, but rotting, wet leaves aren't exactly next on Yankee Candle's list of "new scents".

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 09:05:44 AM »
Jesus Christ. Imagine a fire breaking out in that house? You'd have flaming debris flying all over the neighborhood.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 09:08:52 AM »
and that would be a very smokey fire  :lol but seriously, now that is strange but I guess not that different than the type of people you see on hoarders or similar TV shows where an obsession takes over someone's life.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 09:37:09 AM »
Its just amazing to me the kinds of unique things people fixate on. To me, I see a leaf and barely even notice it, but to this dude he's obsessed with them. Pretty wild.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 11:34:56 AM »
Not trying to be political with the post. I won't get into my feelings on the person who resides presently in the White House/Mara Lago (okay, that's my only shot here).

This just came out recently. It's from a TV show in 1958 called, "Trackdown". One of its episodes was entitled, "The End of the World".
In the episode, a con man comes to town, and tells the townsfolk that meteors and comets are coming, and that they'll all be destroyed. However, he can save them---by building a wall. His name was Trump.

It's so bizarre, it was immediately labeled a clever creation. However, it is real. CBS pulled the episode from it's archives to verify it.

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1083140191362048000

This clip actually depressed me. Why? Because, it's one more glitch that leads itself to proving we're living in a damn matrix.  :( :biggrin:
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 11:49:07 AM »
Wow that is pretty interesting

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 12:18:22 PM »
Not trying to be political with the post. I won't get into my feelings on the person who resides presently in the White House/Mara Lago (okay, that's my only shot here).

This just came out recently. It's from a TV show in 1958 called, "Trackdown". One of its episodes was entitled, "The End of the World".
In the episode, a con man comes to town, and tells the townsfolk that meteors and comets are coming, and that they'll all be destroyed. However, he can save them---by building a wall. His name was Trump.

It's so bizarre, it was immediately labeled a clever creation. However, it is real. CBS pulled the episode from it's archives to verify it.

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1083140191362048000

This clip actually depressed me. Why? Because, it's one more glitch that leads itself to proving we're living in a damn matrix.  :( :biggrin:

You should have put a spoiler alert, haha.  YOU were adult enough to keep politics out of it, but Alex Hirsch is not nearly so gifted.  :)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 07:16:44 AM »
Guy has rare condition where they brew beer in their own stomach?  "Auto brewery syndrome"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-brew-beer-stomach-arrested-drink-driving-bacteria-gut-a9170881.html

I'm kinda skeptical, but this caught my eye this morning.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 09:04:23 AM »
Didn't know where else to put it, so bumpety bump.

Did you know, especially you US folk, of the abandoned town of Centralia? a fire started underground in the 1960s and.... it's been burning. Ever. Since. 

Obviously this ruined life in the town, which got evacuated over time, but a small number of tenacious residents still live there.... in a town that doesn't officially exist anymore (no ZIP code, no road signs), and that is visited by tourists who write graffittis all over the place and chop down little piece of houses of actual residents as mementos - as if breathing killer fumes and having to be ultra careful to mind where you step least you fall into a sinkhole from hell that the minute before wasn't there wasn't enough.

Silent Hill was clearly inspired by this, and on the web - if you didn't know about the town already - you'll find plenty of photos and articles about it.

The most surreal part of it all is people living there... granted, they're basically 7 or so but it shows people's resilience.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2020, 09:58:17 AM »
Oh yeah, the one where underground there's fires going on and smoke is rising from the ground? I remember watching a documentary about the place years ago. Crazy stuff

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 10:25:22 AM »
Never heard of it but that's pretty crazy and wild that people would still live there.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2020, 10:39:30 AM »
Huh, is this a different Centralia? The one I know, and have been to, isn't abandoned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Washington

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2020, 12:04:35 PM »
Yup, the one sitting over hell is in Pennsylvania.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania