Author Topic: Jon Anderson Solo?  (Read 543 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Jon Anderson Solo?
« on: January 08, 2019, 09:12:05 AM »
Anyone ever seen him on a solo tour? Is it worth it?  Is it more "Steve Hackett" (faithful, but personal, representations of music we know and love) or more "Ritchie Blackmore" (i.e. folksy new-age-y billshot with flashes of musical brilliance to remind you that it isn't Deep Purple or Rainbow)?

Offline Skeever

Re: Jon Anderson Solo?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
I have not seen him but I'm equally interested. I think he mixes Yes and Anderson material. Some people report having a wonderful time, others report seeing a guy deliriously play on stage for 45 minutes before getting tired and ending the show.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »
What if Han's first and middle names were actually something like this?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 11:29:28 AM »
I've seen him twice solo and he was awesome both times! He was a class act and naturally threw in some humor. The audience loved him, plus it showed just how good of a musician he is. I highly recommend!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »
What if Han's first and middle names were actually something like this?

Han Anderson Solo? :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!