News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

Distance Over Time - Track By Track Videos

Started by noxon, December 12, 2018, 05:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman Shepherd

Quote from: MirrorMask on January 16, 2019, 10:57:25 AM
Well, it's still a way to keep track of the album without actually listening to new music. I refuse to listen to the singles until I will have bough the album and yet I'm following these threads and I'm reading the review. I really can't explain it, it's just that while I like to avoid new stuff until I have the new album, I still can't hold back the curiosity to read what other people think of the songs or of the album.

Makes sense to me. Sometimes it's cool to have things hyped up before you hear a single note, especially since hearing youtube clips is not the ideal way to listen to new music at all.

Actually, I wish I had your self control and I would probably do it your way too.

Bertielee

Quote from: Madman Shepherd on January 16, 2019, 09:33:26 PM
Quote from: MirrorMask on January 16, 2019, 10:57:25 AM
Well, it's still a way to keep track of the album without actually listening to new music. I refuse to listen to the singles until I will have bough the album and yet I'm following these threads and I'm reading the review. I really can't explain it, it's just that while I like to avoid new stuff until I have the new album, I still can't hold back the curiosity to read what other people think of the songs or of the album.

Makes sense to me. Sometimes it's cool to have things hyped up before you hear a single note, especially since hearing youtube clips is not the ideal way to listen to new music at all.

Actually, I wish I had your self control and I would probably do it your way too.

Well, I'm on the same boat as Mirrormask. Won't listen until album release. At the beginning, it was hard, now, I have a tendency to forget there's even an album coming out! :lol So, it's easier...

B.Lee

devieira73

JP's favourite sport is soccer?! Really cool to know that! Maybe influenced by Cosmos, once he cited Pelé and Beckenbauer.

EraVulgaris

I thought JM was fleeing from the interview for a second there...

bosk1

That was certainly a very different style of interview.  But very fun and interesting.

Fritzinger

Sorry to start with that again, but is there any new music in the video?

devieira73

Quote from: EraVulgaris on January 18, 2019, 07:26:41 AM
I thought JM was fleeing from the interview for a second there...

... by jumping from the second floor in total dispair! :rollin

YtseJamittaja

Quote from: Fritzinger on January 18, 2019, 08:12:38 AM

Yes, from 17.00-->

rab7

Quote from: YtseJamittaja on January 18, 2019, 11:38:15 AM
Quote from: Fritzinger on January 18, 2019, 08:12:38 AM

Yes, from 17.00-->

Important to note that it seems like it's just Jordan improvising and may not be from the new album

Sorry I misinterpreted what you meant. Yes, there is music at the very end

Dedalus

SeRoX

rab7

Quote from: SeRoX on February 13, 2019, 06:41:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5TbGbalPs&feature=youtu.be

Pt.3 Paralyzed.

Interesting. From the videos and interviews, we have:

Song 1: At Wit's End
Song 2: Paralyzed

Song 4: Untethered Angel

Song 6: Fall Into the Light

Song 10: S2N

Does anyone have any info for Songs 3,5, and 7-9?

Pound4aBrown

porcacultor

I thought it was lovely! I thought MM wrote the riff on a guitar, so it's funny to think of him bringing loads of self-produced midi demos to the writing sessions and contributing like that.

evilasiojr

I think Room 137 was the track number 5, cause on the their FB live they said Mike had come up with a concept for song 5.

Madman Shepherd

Well, we now know Mike can't sing!

But also, he once again shows his passion for this band and I love it! It's pretty cool to hear about how they are handling the writing and including participation from him.

Ben_Jamin

Its nice to see him so excited to be able to be more involved and contributing a lot.

nikatapi

Yeah that was very cool. Mike is a very creative person and giving him the space to contribute is important.