Author Topic: BABYMETAL - メギツネ - MEGITSUNE  (Read 22192 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: BABYMETAL - メギツネ - MEGITSUNE
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2023, 02:05:35 PM »
I havent watched any live videos just the official music/lyric videos. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2023, 02:09:11 PM »
Japanese fancams are nearly impossible to find, they collectively don't do it, and are to polite to break that rule.

I remember when Nemophila did their first US show, Saki was kind of bent out of shape because of all the guys filming the show instead of rocking out. She took it as they weren't solid enough a band.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2023, 02:15:36 PM »
The Babymetal live concert DVDs are pretty hard to find as well. I've got a few bootlegs because they have some pretty epic concerts and I just can't seem to buy them or find them online.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2023, 02:38:41 PM »
The Babymetal live concert DVDs are pretty hard to find as well. I've got a few bootlegs because they have some pretty epic concerts and I just can't seem to buy them or find them online.

Honestly, I forgot how I went about getting their live cd's. I think I did use Tengo, but I don't remember which site I used to find the cd's.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2023, 02:42:22 PM »

Honestly, I forgot how I went about getting their live cd's. I think I did use Tengo, but I don't remember which site I used to find the cd's.

I don't care too much about the CDs.  They play to a backing track so the actual audio isn't terribly interesting to me, but the videos are great because they draw big crowds in Japan, the dancing, and all that make for a fun show to watch.  I have the Budokan blu-ray because it was normally priced on Amazon.  But their Forum show I have on bootleg because I couldn't find it for a decent price.  Same with the Tokyo Dome shows they did.   They put these for free on youtube in 2020 (Tokyo Dome shows, not sure if the Forum show every made it to youtube) like a lot of bands did during the pandemic but they were only available for a short time to watch.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2023, 02:48:24 PM »

I don't care too much about the CDs.  They play to a backing track so the actual audio isn't terribly interesting to me, but the videos are great because they draw big crowds in Japan, the dancing, and all that make for a fun show to watch.  I have the Budokan blu-ray because it was normally priced on Amazon.  But their Forum show I have on bootleg because I couldn't find it for a decent price.  Same with the Tokyo Dome shows they did.   They put these for free on youtube in 2020 (Tokyo Dome shows, not sure if the Forum show every made it to youtube) like a lot of bands did during the pandemic but they were only available for a short time to watch.

I think they did have the DVD's. But I wanted the cd's since I like the live feel of the show, they also do not play to a backing track, it's all the Kami Band live. Although, they do utilize backing tracks for things such as backing vocals.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2023, 03:09:30 PM »
They 100% play to a backing track.  The babies aren't live and they use a lot of synths that aren't even represented live.  I have my doubts about the Kami band being live as well.  They certainly don't sound it, but that could just be to auto tune and the backing tracks. 

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2023, 07:49:10 PM »
Well, I'm going to see the tour with Babymetal and Dethklok, so I guess I'll have to actually make an attempt to listen to this band now. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2023, 09:21:34 PM »
I secured my ticket for Denver as well. :metal :metal :metal

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2023, 09:40:05 PM »
Kind of pissed about the announced tour dates, only thing within 400 miles of me is the Aftershock festival, so to see them I'll have to drop 200+ for the day to see a shorter set. Really wanted them in a headlining gig too.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2023, 08:46:54 AM »
I'm not happy either as it falls on my brother's wedding weekend.  Oh well.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2023, 12:18:40 PM »
Well, I'm going to see the tour with Babymetal and Dethklok, so I guess I'll have to actually make an attempt to listen to this band now. :lol

Okay I'm doing the thing

Well, they definitely have some good songs. Megitsune and Road Of Resistance have been the best so far I think, even if the latter is just a Dragonforce song in everything but vocals. :lol That said, each of their albums I've heard kinda feels like eating an entire bag of candy and liking it at first but just being totally sick of it by the end. Except for their most recent one, which was just boring.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2023, 02:59:57 PM »
In other Babymetal news, they did a collaboration with rapper Lil Uzi, which is rather meh in my opinion, but the whole online BM fan community is completely losing their shit about it, accusing producer Koba of selling out etc... it's frikkin hilarious..