General > Musicians

JP Signature Guitars

(1/3) > >>

Architeuthis:
I'm sure that there are people in this forum who own or have played The Ernie Ball JP signature guitars.  There are so many different models which all look pretty awesome!
I'm asking because I'm looking to get a dream guitar hopefully someday soon.  If so what has been your experience with them?
 I'm really liking the JP12, and the Majesty Monarchy series. I think aesthetically, the JP 12 looks slightly better, but the Majesty models seem to have better ergonomics and access to the higher frets.  What is your take on this?

Lonk:
I currently have a 7str Majesty and I used to have a JP6. Both Guitars are great. I love the look of the Majesty and how it feels. It’s light weight in comparison to the JP models, which I prefer light weight. The only negative to the majesty it’s that it’s neckthrough , which isn’t bad but makes the guitar very sensitive.

The JP6 is great as well. Deff higher frets aren’t as accessible but it’s still a great guitar

I used to work at a Guitar Center and I had the chance to try a lot of guitars. The JP15 is a pretty sweet guitar and so are the JP16 and the Majeaty Monarchy series. I like how the black hardware looks instead of chrome.

Architeuthis:
Agreed about the black hardware.  Also the Black Knight version of the Monarchy looks the coolest imo,  the Red, Blue, and Purple all look great too, but the Black just looks tougher and is a little more neutral for a long stage performance if your only using one guitar all night.
 I'm leaning more towards the Monarchy series mainly because of the ergonomics, there's nothing in the way. No heel under the neck at the upper frets.
 My biggest beef with electric guitars in general is the volume knob. It's usually too close to the picking area and gets in the way, that inhibits my style a lot and I find my right pinky accidentally turning down the volume knob during a song, especially when doing leads. Some manufacturers have figured this out.
 That's why I don't like Strats, they have the dreaded heel on the body, the volume knob is in the way, and a single coil pick-up right under the picking and strumming area.. I've had a PRS custom 22 since 1993. While a great guitar, the volume isn't as bad but still a bit too close. PRS is also guilty of the heel on the neck too. Kind of a cross between a Strat and a Les Paul.
 I'm also interested in Keisel guitars. It looks like they've addressed all these issues on some of their models, and the craftsmanship is superb! They make beautiful guitars, plus they will custom make a guitar for anybody, not just famous musicians.

ddtonfire:
I have several JP's. I prefer them over the Majesty's because of the looks and I actually prefer the heavier weight of the JP's, as well as the bolt-on neck. The JP12 is incredible as is the JP15 - leaps ahead of the regular JP series which are already awesome guitars. Lots of people prefer the Majesty because of the ergonomics and lighter weight. Best bet is to go to an EBMM dealer and try a few out. You can't go wrong, really.

Architeuthis:
Thanks for the input, I think the JP12 and 15 look better too. The Majesty looks cool on the most part, but the upper cutaway on the body looks a bit like an over sized banana ( which I don't find very appealing).  :P
 I know it's probably built that way for a reason, but I would like to see them make an improvement on that in the future. I'm still interested in one because of the light weight and my back would thank me for it.  That is good advise to try them out at a music store, except I would have to make a 200 mile round trip to Seattle. My local music stores pretty much only carry Ibanez and Fender. It would be worth the trip though..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version