Author Topic: Rolling Stones on tour.  (Read 656 times)

Offline Architeuthis

Rolling Stones on tour.
« on: November 24, 2018, 10:52:02 AM »
Well I'm not a huge fan but...  The Stones are doing a North American Spring /Summer tour playing football stadiums. Tickets are probably outlandish but it seems like a bucket list thing to do, for THEM to see us see them that is.  :biggrin:
 I think it would be fun to go see them once in my lifetime. After seeing their live show Havana Moon in Cuba on TV,  they are playing exceptionally well with a nice big production. Anyone else interested in seeing them?
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Rolling Stones on tour.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 11:29:06 AM »
Saw this. Big fan of the Stones material here, at least by this forum's standards. That, and never having been to a stadium show in my life makes this intriguing. But I don't know if I have enough interest (or funds) to see this.

On a personal note, as someone who has never had a job I've enjoyed for more than 5 months, I am quite envious of guys like this who have loved their job for the past 55 years.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
Saw them when I lived in Tel Aviv.

Not a huge fan, but seeing them was pretty awesome. Mick was doing things at his age that I'm too tired to do in my early 30's
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 05:12:08 AM »
I saw them twice, once last year in Munich and once in 2006 in Berlin at the Bigger Bang Tour (I was 13 back then, I have an awesome dad  :biggrin:). Definitely worth seeing, but tickets are ridiculously expensive.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 08:16:39 AM »
I don't know if I'll go, simply because I have other shows I want to see (and can probably see three or four for the same price) but having seen them, if you're interested, GO.  There's a reason they've been around for this long and are still able to play a stadium with no album in sight.   

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 09:44:26 AM »
Jesus $200 + Ticketmaster sodomy charges for absolute stadium nosebleeds :lol Looks like I'm waiting until day of to maybe snag something secondhand.
Photobucket sucks.