Author Topic: Toy Story 4 Official Teaser  (Read 1840 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Toy Story 4 Official Teaser
« on: November 12, 2018, 06:58:02 AM »
For all of you adult children in the room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDXYRzerjzU

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Toy Story 4 Official Teaser
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:10:25 AM »
 :tup :tup :tup :tup
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »
Just....why?

I feel the 3rd was the perfect way to end this series. TS4 seems like a can grab, I mean...the best they could do is bring in a "toy" fork. I get the funnys in that premise, its just...ok, way to ruin a nice run.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 09:07:04 AM »
Just....why?

I feel the 3rd was the perfect way to end this series. TS4 seems like a can grab, I mean...the best they could do is bring in a "toy" fork. I get the funnys in that premise, its just...ok, way to ruin a nice run.

Agreed.
The 3rd was a perfect closing to the serie

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »
Just....why?

Because it's a cash cow and children love it? Also, Disney has invested a shitload of money into their Toy Story theme parks and probably wants to keep the franchise culturally relevant. It's not like Disney/Pixar is beating it to death. It took 11 years for another movie after the second to be released, and it's going to be almost a decade before the next installment after that comes out. I'd rather a new Toy Story come out once every 10 years than 3 or 4 Spiderman movies over the same period of time.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 09:45:44 AM »
Ugh...just no.

TS3 was over-hyped, and I can't understand why everyone thought it was so great.  The franchise was done after TS2.

I guess even Disney has run out of ideas -- what with a Snow White remake coming out....  Too bad.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »
Just....why?

Because it's a cash cow and children love it? Also, Disney has invested a shitload of money into their Toy Story theme parks and probably wants to keep the franchise culturally relevant. It's not like Disney/Pixar is beating it to death. It took 11 years for another movie after the second to be released, and it's going to be almost a decade before the next installment after that comes out. I'd rather a new Toy Story come out once every 10 years than 3 or 4 Spiderman movies over the same period of time.

I get the worry or push back about it being off putting for another TS movie....but I'm totally fine with it for basically what Brian said. They're fun movies in general and it's been long enough between releases that it's not like it's over saturated. I'm sure it'll be a cool little story.....like I said, just fun.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 11:14:49 AM »
Just....why?

I get the worry or push back about it being off putting for another TS movie....but I'm totally fine with it for basically what Brian said. They're fun movies in general and it's been long enough between releases that it's not like it's over saturated. I'm sure it'll be a cool little story.....like I said, just fun.

I'm sure it'll be a fun story. But this would be better as a Disney Special or a side story title, then again the title does make sense as its continuing the story with the new owner.

The Spork seems annoying though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
I've read interviews from Tim Allen and Tom Hanks talking about how hard it was for them to record their lines for the end of the film because of how emotional the story is. Everything I've read was that they came up with a great story that had to be made and there was originally no plans to make another one. I'm normally cynical about these things but I actually think Toy Story 4 was made to tell a good story not just for the $$$.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 11:34:26 AM »
Just....why?

I'm sure it'll be a fun story. But this would be better as a Disney Special or a side story title, then again the title does make sense as its continuing the story with the new owner.

Idk, I think it's going to be an interesting concept to explore... kind of like a message to kids that not everyone is created equal, but we can all have equal aspirations. Something that's maybe seen and used in one way (a fork) can also set out and be something else (a toy that's loved in the eyes of a child).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:49:08 AM by Chino »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 02:22:58 PM »
H Y P E
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 02:55:08 PM »
Just....why?

Idk, I think it's going to be an interesting concept to explore... kind of like a message to kids that not everyone is created equal, but we can all have equal aspirations. Something that's maybe seen and used in one way (a fork) can also set out and be something else (a toy that's loved in the eyes of a child).

It's only a Trailer too that doesn't show much except the new "toy". I'm sure i'll see it either way, hopefully it'll be a great story. Toy Story 3 surprised me.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
My personal opinion: I thought 3 was fantastic. Not quite as magical as the first one - nothing ever will be - but far more enjoyable than 2, which to me is easily the least enjoyable of all of them. Just not quite big on the new characters in that, from Jesse and the Prospector to the creepy toy collector. 3 was great though, Lotso was a fantastic villain. 3 stunned me with how good it was after waiting so long, and I hope 4 does the same. I never thought the plots were unnecessary or showed Pixar reaching just to extend the life of the franchise.

I am curious about what 4's plot will be though considering the end of 3 neatly wrapped everything up. I heard something about Bo Peep being in this, like Woody setting off to rescue her - was she in 3? I honestly can't remember.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline T-ski

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 03:18:16 PM »
didn't real tease anything.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 07:59:37 PM »
I am curious about what 4's plot will be though considering the end of 3 neatly wrapped everything up. I heard something about Bo Peep being in this, like Woody setting off to rescue her - was she in 3? I honestly can't remember.

Bo Peep wasn't in TS3.  Woody makes a reference to the toys that aren't around anymore.  I seem to remember he either mentions her by name or makes a clear reference to her.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 10:54:57 PM »
Fan art, I believe.  But fun.

Has to do with this:

Who on Earth Could Keanu Reeves Be Playing In Toy Story 4?