Author Topic: Warner Theater-DC-Tax Day 2019  (Read 1850 times)

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Warner Theater-DC-Tax Day 2019
« on: November 20, 2018, 01:31:29 PM »
As of now, I'm doing the preconcert trivia, etc. just as I did in Baltimore in Nov. 2017.  Plans are to have the get together location announced on December 16th. 

Looking forward to this!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Warner Theater-DC-Tax Day 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 07:30:29 PM »
x
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 08:53:06 AM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:52:36 AM »
With the great assistance of Nicholas, and the urging of Victoria (not kidding on the names), we have our preshow location all set

1201 Pennsylvania Ave NW....only 1 1/2 blocks SE of The Warner Theater.

https://www.elephantcastle.com/home/penn-ave

We'll be there before 4pm.  Plans again include a trivia contest and drawings for assorted goodies.  Other bonuses are being worked on, and will continue up to the date of the concert.  Though this establishment closes at midnight, we are working with their staff for a later time, to allow us to mingle and share our memories afterwards.

Meet up with your fellow fans and enjoy the festivities.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:23:44 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline StreamOfConscientiousness

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 10:58:33 PM »
Looking forward to the concert! First time to the Warner actually

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 01:04:49 AM »
Less than a week away for the DC show.  Hope to see you all at the Elephant & Castle from 3-730ish for the preshow get together

1201 Pennsylvania Ave NW....only 1 1/2 blocks SE of The Warner Theater.

https://www.elephantcastle.com/home/penn-ave

thanks to Nicholas and Victoria...once again, yes, those are the individuals who have provided wonderful assistance on this.

Good news:  the Capitals playoff game is on the road against Carolina.  Will not cause the normal logjam to become overburdened to the NW of the theater.

Bad news:  the Capitals playoff game is on the road against Carolina.  It might mean that the local faithful will semi crowd us out near the end of the gathering.

More than a few goodies available.  Trivia starts no later than 6pm.  Hope to put you all at 'a wit's end' regarding your expertise.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 06:18:18 PM »
Silver linings:  no 'black clouds' expected after a morning shower.  No rain expected in the DC area through Wednesday.

Trivia will start at 1:37 pm Alaska time (that is 5:37 pm EST).  Some really great prizes available.  Come join us before hand, or afterwards (unofficially) at the Marriott's '1331 Club' (open 'til midnight).  Third time seeing the band at The Warner.  Beautiful place, staff has always been pleasant, good sound, and I love sitting in the balcony seeing most on the floor standing throughout the show.

Offline StreamOfConscientiousness

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:22:39 PM »
The concert was great! I know James said he had a cold but I honestly think he sounded better on Scenes than the first set. I was M 113

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 09:30:42 PM »
^
Truly superb show. 

We handed out over fifty trivia sheets, so we may have had seventy people attend our preshow gathering.  Great job by Nicholas in
co-hosting the event with me, and to all the great DT fans we got to meet with.  Lots of work went into it, but the rewards....meeting Jordan and JM again, and then shaking the hands of a man that plays drums in a way I cannot dream of.