Author Topic: Stadler's Roulette, 2.0: Singles A's and B's: We have a Champeen!  (Read 48039 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't sent yet.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
New thread discussion: Is Wolfking the new Sacul?
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
 :lol

Tis the busy season.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Sent the eighties' greatest guitarist nobody knows.

Jay Jay French?

Merry Axemas to you as well Alex.

HAHA~  That got a true laugh out loud.   Jay Jay French   :) 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey, I got 11 out of 16 so far.    I'm just being honest with you all:  if I get the other five today or maybe tomorrow, we'll be on track (because I can hide from my family and listen for the next couple days) but if they don't come in, you won't probably see results until end of next week because of the holidays.   I'm sorry, but this Christmas is an unusual one:  my stepdaughter - who eloped a couple months ago with a dude that I would just as soon punch in the face as shake his hand - is back home for a couple days, my stepson - who I consider my son in just about every way and is the dad of an 18 month old - is leaving the first week of January for a six-month training run in the Army, and it's the last xmas as a high school student for my daughter.   So I'm making a point to be present this year (not that I'm not usually, but you get it). 

I'll do what I can, but I'd love the Sunday - Monday - Tuesday timeframe to be LISTENING.    I may even arbitrarily cut it off at noon on Saturday; you're not in, you get a DNF.   

Too harsh?   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Finally...    I don't want to embarrass anyone or betray any confidences, but sometimes life has a way of poking you in the eye and showing you what's important, and giving you a perspective you didn't previously have.  We joke here, we kid around, and while some of us are just avatars and random thoughts to each other, others of us have formed real friendships that extend out into "real life".   

One of the 11 is a submission that moved me greatly, I mean almost to tears.  To the point that I toyed with the idea of giving everyone else 0 + 0.  I don't know that I'm going to do that - fair is fair - but I wanted to express my appreciation specifically to that person for taking it (in a positive way) to the next level; this site is by necessity about communication using words and music, and he found a way to make "communication" be "connection".   Sir, if it matters to you, you touched someone today (well, yesterday, haha).   And also in general for those of you that have brought some depth to the relationships here, whether to me or to others.  I'm blessed, I have a full life independent of DTF with family and friends, but there are some really quality people here, that I have ZERO doubt would be (and maybe are, now) a valued part of that "real life" but for geography, age, or whatever artificial boundaries we sometimes put up in our lives.

Yeah, it's the holidays and I'm sappy.  So sue me.  :) 

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Okay, well I know my songs pretty well and that's not me. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
First post ... I think anyone who's participated in roulettes for any period of time knows that those running at this time of year tend to slow down a little.  It's to be expected and understood, and need not be discussed (can you tell I have my eyes and ears on next round already? ;)).

Second post ... that's awesome.  Been in that boat with music recomendations and friendships that have formed here.  :hug:  Can't wait to get my ears on the song that brought that post out of ya.

P.S.  You really have been drinking, haven't you?   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Okay, well I know my songs pretty well and that's not me. :lol

Not me either  :lol

And as Jingle says, holiday season is a slow time so it's OK

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow, drunken Stadler post! :lol

My songs are about Rodney Dangerfield and beach parties. So I know it’s not me, unless beach parties hits the spot! :D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
My wife cries every time I play the band I sent, but Stadler seemed to like it so it probably isn't my selections.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

P.S.  You really have been drinking, haven't you?   :lol

Yeah, that does read like an "I LOVE you, man!" post, dunnit?   Haha. 

And rest easy; it's more about complementing that one than dissing anyone else.  I've listened to about half of what I got so far (and thinking of an "initial impressions" post) and it's all good so far.  I've even got two that I'm buying albums if I get any Xmas money (that's a joke; 51 year old men don't usually "xmas money" unless they're politicians). 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm getting Christmas money from my dad this year. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I spend my money however I want, whenever I want.  That usually comes with a pair of testicles.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
My songs probably only made him cry because they suuuuck
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
  And also in general for those of you that have brought some depth to the relationships here, whether to me or to others.  I'm blessed, I have a full life independent of DTF with family and friends, but there are some really quality people here, that I have ZERO doubt would be (and maybe are, now) a valued part of that "real life" but for geography, age, or whatever artificial boundaries we sometimes put up in our lives.

Amen, Brother.

if I get any Xmas money (that's a joke; 51 year old men don't usually "xmas money" unless they're politicians). 

So my wife and I came to an agreement a long time ago. We are very lucky and that if we need something, we have the means to get it. Obviously I'm a huge music fan, so instead of filling the house with a bunch of junk, every holiday, like St. Val's, Easter, Anniversaries, Father's Day, etc...my wife gets me an Amazon card for buying music. It's understood that if there's a major release, like Iron Maiden or Dream Theater, I'll buy it regardless if I have a balance, but I also try and be respectful to our budget and shit.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Sent.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry everyone, work is bending me over and giving it to me hard.  Its 5.30pm Saturday and just got in my car to leave (4am start) but had my slackness with this in mind all day.  I can send two names of songs Stads if you can find the links yourself if not it will be Sunday night.  No clue what to send so will just pick 2 songs from 2 '85 albums.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent the eighties' greatest guitarist nobody knows.

I sent a damn good 80's guitarist too. And he plays gracefully restrained on my track.

Me too.  He actually doesn't play too much on my track.  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :corn
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Lowdz

I’m already regretting one of my tracks. Played the album earlier and thought I should have sent a different track. It rocks though 🤘🤘🤘

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Something to keep you occupied... "first impressions".  I've listened a lot more since, so some of the final results aren't going to match, but this is where I was at when I first listened.

- I love Deep Purple.  I love this.
 - Every song I hear from them I like a little more than the one before; when do I break down and buy one of their records?

- This is what Queensryche SHOULD be doing.
- I don’t know much about this band, but they do know how to craft a song.

- There’s something to be said about sticking to what you know and do best.
- I’ve never actually HEARD the rumors that Kevin DuBrow is alive and well in Montana, but apparently they’re true!

-
-

- This is just f*****g excellent.   But when did Joe Satriani join Toto?
- I don’t know what to make of this; in five listens this is either going to be AWESOME, or, well, not.

- I feel like I’ve heard this before… a lot.  Even in this roulette.
- This is what it feel s like to expect McDonald’s and get Red Robin (for those of you that don’t get the reference, this is what it’s like to expect Budweiser and get Guiness.  Well, maybe  Boddington’s. Let’s not get crazy.)

- How refreshing; prog metal that doesn’t sound like Queensryche!  And it’s still good!
- The kind of song you hear once and sing in your head for the rest of the day. My kind of song.

- MTV is AWESOME!  They play music 24-7; it’s like the radio but with pictures!
- Hmm.  I can’t decide if I want Chinese or Italian.  Maybe I’ll have a grinder from Subway. No, wait, Chik-fil-A.  No, wait, Capital Grill…

- Never judge a book by it’s cover, especially when the cover shows a pretentious, ironic douchebag!
- Incredibly moving; I can’t even make jokes about this.

- “Dude, after hockey practice, we’re going to get a twelve pack and go down to the lake!”
- Metal when metal was still f******g metal.

- If songwriting is an art, then this is somewhere between stick figures and finger painting.
- I remember them being so much better.

- I want to like this, but it just all sounds the same.
- I don’t know if that line is meant to be sincere or ironic, but either way, it’s hard to imagine she has any idea what she’s talking about.

- This started slow, but certainly kicked into high gear.
- This is what  it sounds like when someone takes something to the next level.

- This has a lot of energy, but it sounds like frustrated energy…
- This sounds like it could be so much more. 

- Short, sharp, SHOCK.  Metal up your ass.
- Never heard much about them before, but it’s almost exactly what I expected.  Now I need to go pray. 

- Good solid hard rock.   The meat and potatoes of hard rock. 
- I guess “instrumental integrity” isn't enough after all; just because Jeff Beck did it doesn't mean you should too!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni

- This has a lot of energy, but it sounds like frustrated energy…
- This sounds like it could be so much more. 

These two are mine. The rest don't really fit

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop

Probably these?

Also :lol at the blank ones.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son

-
-

- Never judge a book by it’s cover, especially when the cover shows a pretentious, ironic douchebag!
- Incredibly moving; I can’t even make jokes about this.

- If songwriting is an art, then this is somewhere between stick figures and finger painting.
- I remember them being so much better.

I'm thinking mine is one of these  :corn Probably not the last one though...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh God, I have NO IDEA which one could be mine! :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh God, I have NO IDEA which one could be mine! :lol

Neither, apparently, do Nekov, Elite or Puppies.  :)   :)  :) 

Offline romdrums

- This is what Queensryche SHOULD be doing.
- I don’t know much about this band, but they do know how to craft a song.

- How refreshing; prog metal that doesn’t sound like Queensryche!  And it’s still good!
- The kind of song you hear once and sing in your head for the rest of the day. My kind of song.

I think I can lay claim to one of these sets.  I think.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
So mine is the blank one. :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Mine is one of the metal ones.  I hope you don't hate them.

I sent Ride the Sky by Helloween and Majesty by Blind Guardian.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:26:34 AM by Kattelox »

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
- I want to like this, but it just all sounds the same.
- I don’t know if that line is meant to be sincere or ironic, but either way, it’s hard to imagine she has any idea what she’s talking about.

Most likely this one...
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I can eliminate a lot for mine right out of the gate.  There is NOTHING metal about my submissions, and assuming each line is A-side / B-side, I'd like to be able to rule out the one referencing female vocals, and remembering "them".

I'll wager next week's paycheque on this one for me:

- This is just f*****g excellent.   But when did Joe Satriani join Toto?
- I don’t know what to make of this; in five listens this is either going to be AWESOME, or, well, not.

If so... keep going on the B-side Stads - it just might click!